Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Same repetition

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    Does your country/nation allow US citizens the right to work? I know India doesn't ALLOW foreigners to work in their country. Why should we allow India's citizens to work here in the US, if we can't work there?
    Americans are welcome to come work in India. However because the standard of living is lower and the pay is lower than the US it is seen as hardship duty and not many apply. Here's a few links to show that people are slowly getting used to the idea of working in India and some sectors like the airline industry are actively recruiting foreign workers. Indian immigration law is relatively simple - you can become a citizen if you have lived in India for 12 years as long as you are not an illegal immigrant.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/03/09/pf/workers_to_india/

http://www.princetonreview.com/cte/p...ernshipID=1018

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/17/wo...rssnyt&emc=rss

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/1186972.cms

http://www.airindia.com/article.asp?articleid=245

http://mha.gov.in/citizenship/acquisition.htm

Re: Same thing repeated again

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCard2007
    Respected members, H1 are NOT cheap labor, please read my comments in the thread, there is a Government stipulated Prevaling Wages!!! Why pick on a million H1b's who are legally here, paying all taxes and contributing towrds economic development. The only reason the US is ahead in all technologies is due to the cream of the crop coming to US(READ LEGAL HIGHLY SKILLED IMMIGRANTS).
    If you guys had even the slightest guts, take on the 15 million illegal immigrants or as the Mexican Presdent says "LEGAL MIGRATION"! I guess you cannot! And when Hillary becomes President this 15 million are going to get amnesty and you guys will still be shouting here in forums. The 15 million is going to bring in milions of low skilled family members and also increasing their population by millions. You guys have far more worse things to worry about!
    Got a Question. David Beckam, Tony Parker, Ginobli,Duncan and many more NBA players and baseball players from Domincan Republic and Cuba are stealing the jobs of US Citizens. They are taking in so much salary that an American kid whose dreams of playing are dashed, they take the US Citizens jobs, what are you doing about it? Why are'nt citizens given preference? If you tell me that is sports and they are the best in their game and we want them here because of their unique skills then the same logic applies to H1's. Though there might be many with low technical skills here, companies want highly skilled labor from other coutries with unique skills, thats why H1 was created and thats why we are here. Understand the difference?? This is the precise reason why Tech companies cannot do withour H1's.
    Wow...what a disertation! To bad none of it is true...Got any more laughs?
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Actually, we don't need to take on the HB workers, or the illegal aliens - we need to take on their employers.

They are the key --------
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: [b]Hello All[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCard2007
    Just based on a youtube video which is possibly a fake, you try to assume things.... You keep complaining that H1's take away your job, yes they will as long as you are incompetent, with lack of technical skills and lack of knowledge.
    I see you guys worship Lou Dobbs. Few facts , has says H1 is for 5 years, H1 is for 6 years and people in the 6th year are NOT overstaying! He says that H1's cannot be tracked, all h1's can be tracked via the employers! He says that we dont pay our taxes, all H1's pay their taxes, infact taxes are taken out by the employers before paying the H1's. He says that H1's work on low wages, the fact is H1 employers have to meet the prevaling wages and H1's dont come cheap..why dont you read up...
    I hope we can have a meaningful discussion of facts!
    I had a chance to see youtube video and the facts presented in that seem to be okay. It is very easy for the hi-tech companies to filter out US citizens for a job by putting right wording in the job description ad.

There is certainly a lot of fraud going on with H1-B -- just look at many "on the bench" type of jobs that the H1-B's are doing. Ironic enough that many time the employers who make the H1-Bs to sit on a bench came to US as immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Are we ever going to get fed up with being insulted by foreigners who want our jobs and our country?
    Yes I'm that's why I'm voting for Tom Tancredo and I was a democrat.

With all the bad news on the H1b, the program should be stopped.
    I wrote my Senators and Congressman complaining about the scams in the H1b.

There's no labor shortage in the US. We need to protect the job market for our children. With jobs being taken by the illegals, outsourcing , and insourcing there's no hope and this maddness needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    With all the bad news on the H1b, the program should be stopped.
    I wrote my Senators and Congressman complaining about the scams in the H1b.

There's no labor shortage in the US. We need to protect the job market for our children. With jobs being taken by the illegals, outsourcing , and insourcing there's no hope and this maddness needs to stop.
    H1-B had the benign intent of providing solution to some shortages in the labor market in US in certain areas of speciality. However, it is not a perfect solution and a compromise. However, H1-B is not the only problem. There is the problem with the L1 visas also. A lot of people coming in from India are doing H1-B type jobs on L1 visa.

Quote Originally Posted by pdotts
    H1-B had the benign intent of providing solution to some shortages in the labor market in US in certain areas of speciality. However, it is not a perfect solution and a compromise. However, H1-B is not the only problem. There is the problem with the L1 visas also. A lot of people coming in from India are doing H1-B type jobs on L1 visa.
    The main reason you see so much noise on the H1B from industry is that the H1B has also become the only way that people can immigrate legally via employment. This has happened over the years due to the low level of employment based immigration quotas and the extended delays in the green card process. In FY 2006, only 12.5% of all legal immigration was through employment based channels. Even someone as well known as Linus Torvalds the creator of Linux was on the H1B while he waited many years for the INS to process his green card application.

This is also why you see so much heartburn from the H1B community and employment based immigrants when the H1B is attacked as any statement that does not differentiate between the good H1B has done and the bad that abuse has wrought is seen as an attack on legal immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by pdotts
    Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    =
    That wasn't my post. I am not in agreement with any of the 'special work visas'. It was never benign - believe me.

Quite frankly, I doubt we had any shortages.

Isn't it strange that for all these years, Americans have pretty well been able to fill the jobs necessary in this country. During the time American was blowing and going, we somehow had enough Americans to fill the slots.

We had enough Americans to build our cars, produce our food, produce our clothing, our medicene, our military supplies. We had enough to fill the need for doctors, nurses, teachers, etc.

Now when the huge majority of our jobs are outsourced, suddenly we don't have enough people - even to flip burgers, or build houses?

Give me a break.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by win2lin
    This is also why you see so much heartburn from the H1B community and employment based immigrants when the H1B is attacked as any statement that does not differentiate between the good H1B has done and the bad that abuse has wrought is seen as an attack on legal immigration.
    This is true. I agree with that.

Hi Dixie, how ya doin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I don't know about the rest of my fellow Alipacers but I don't consider this a bad thing. At least they wont need to come to America any more. It will be saving the HB-1's a trip. They could always go to the countries we are heavely outsourcing in. Doesn't that make sense? Shouldn't HB-1s be going where all the jobs are going? Why are you coming to a country that's not going to have any jobs for someone so inteligent? Doesn't sound like there is a future for you in America. Why come here just to have your job outsourced?

The good thing about HB-1s going to the outsourcing country is that the visa overstay-illegals will be some other country's problem.

Sounds like a win-win to me.

The H-1Bs' (and/or their handlers),best shot is to argue that they are protecting American workers from outsourcing to India. Anyone want to buy some swamp land?

Our jobs are going to Tata* anyway whether it be to a H-1B, or another Tata employee domociled in Bang-town, India. American technical workers are still getting fired, either for the sake of a Tata employee domociled in the H-1B program here, or a Tata employee in Bangalore.

* Tata dominates the H-1B visa program - not just Tata, but other India based companies such as Accenture, Infosys, Wiprospectramind, Sat-yam, HCL, and others such as IBM (most of IBM is in India).

I talked to a United Airlines employee (I'm not gonna reveal where), who told me that it is United's goal to replace every US citizen ground-employee (ie. ticket agent, gate agent, baggage handlers, forms agent (load planner), freight agent, operations agent, etc) with foreign nationals. At the Denver airport, they are close to 100% staffed with foreign nationals. At ORD and smaller stations there are still some US citizens on the payroll.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast