Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Local construction contractor takes enforcement local

If you know anyone in the Portland metro area, please share this with them.

From Oregonians for Immigration Reform:

It is patently unfair to companies that want pay decent wages to their workers to have to compete for jobs with companies that cheat by hiring illegal aliens. It is also unfair to American workers to have to compete for jobs with illegal aliens who are willing to work for less than living wages.

(Perhaps they can afford to since they are tax dodgers who take advantage of a multitude of public and charitable services.)
    OFIR Members and supporters:

This coming Tuesday, August the 12th, at 11:30, Wayne Mayo will be giving a speech to the Chamber of Commerce in Warren. Warren is on Highway 30, just a few miles north of Scappoose. Wayne Mayo is the chief petitioner of two Columbia County initiatives that help stop the hiring of illegal aliens.

The initiatives would punish contractors who knowingly hire illegal aliens and require that they post a sign at construction sites that reads, “Legal Workers Only.â€
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Check out this whiney group of illegal alien supporters who oppose Mr Mayo:

http://www.ccchd.info/about/
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

I wish I lived close enough to attend but I am going to wish all of you a good luck on the meeting and the outcome. I hope people start opening their eyes.....

We have had the same thing here in North Carolina...Like concrete contractors losing money each year to Illegals working and bidding cheaper prices for jobs......HERE IS THE KICKER>......they did not even have a license........and paid their workers under the table.......
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

It has been said by some of our elected leaders and others that it is just TOO hard to PROSECUTE dishonest, greedy companies who exploit illegal alien labor. Well, wonder if any REAL effort has been made toward that?!

I really think this is one avenue that has not coalesced. We need ethical business owners to reach out to one another. Start a national group that starts hitting their cities, states, and the feds about how their neglect, and their approval of unethical businesses and illegal businesses are hurting the American businessman. Someone in the business area needs to start this. I bet if you did this, Neal Cavuto of Fox Cable Business News would have you on. I bet he would have you on the Fox Cable News on his show. Think about it. You can start a group, ask for Neal's help and he will periodically have you back on.

He had Joey Vento on NUMBEROUS times when he was figthing his city about "ordering in English" at his Philly Cheesesteak Restaurant.

Since he's a business guy, hates, illegal immigration you may have a good change and an inroad with him to get the news out about your organization.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    It has been said by some of our elected leaders and others that it is just TOO hard to PROSECUTE dishonest, greedy companies who exploit illegal alien labor. Well, wonder if any REAL effort has been made toward that?!
    It's hard for them to prosecute someone in their pocket.
    ------------------------

We need several more Mr. Mayo's.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)