Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Loretta Sanchez: "The Vietnamese" are Trying to Ta

September 24, 2010 3:54 PM

Loretta Sanchez: "The Vietnamese" are Trying to Take My Seat
    Posted by Lucy Madison 10 comments

Rep. Loretta Sanchez of California
    (Credit: CBS)

California Democratic Rep. Loretta Sanchez has come under fire for recent comments she made stating that "the Vietnamese" were trying to steal her congressional seat.

"The Vietnamese and the Republicans are, with an intensity, trying to take this seat from which we have done so much for our community -- to take this seat and give it to this Van Tran, who is very anti-immigrant and very anti-Hispanic," Sanchez said during a recent Spanish-language interview with Univision, according to the Orange County Register.

Tran, a Republican state assemblyman and Sanchez's challenger for the seat, is a Vietnamese-American whose family immigrated to the United States in 1975 amid political turmoil in Vietnam, according to his website.

Tran's campaign promptly responded to Sanchez's comments, saying "the attack against immigrants and the Vietnamese community on national television is shocking. The 47th congressional district belongs to the people and not an individual ethnicity."

"At a time when our state faces an unemployment rate above 12 percent, Loretta Sanchez resorts to insensitive racist attacks against her own constituents," said Tran campaign manager George Andrews, according to the Register.

Andrews added: "This is one of many incidents demonstrating that Loretta Sanchez is disconnected with the values of central Orange County. In fact, she has attended more parties at the Playboy Mansion than bills passed in Congress. Her record is abysmal and so all she has to run on is personal attacks," Edwards said.

Sanchez's campaign responded that her comments specifically referenced "those in the Vietnamese community who are supporting her opponent," not the Vietnamese Americans as a whole.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... %3A+Living)

Some of the comments on the site............

by dance-like-devrish25 September 24, 2010 4:20 PM EDT

Sanchez's campaign responded that her comments specifically referenced "those in the Vietnamese community who are supporting her opponent," not the Vietnamese Americans as a whole. _____ Ok so let me get this straight...if I'm an incumbent republican running for re-election against a black opponent, its ok to say "the blacks are trying to take my seat" so long as I'm only referring to those blacks supporting my opponent? Give me a break Sanchez. It is not your seat. You have no right to it beyond November. If you want to keep it, you need to earn it. This is the problem with career politicians...they forget who the boss is. We're the boss...not them.

by retm-w September 24, 2010 6:35 PM EDT
    She's a racist period.

by meshine September 24, 2010 6:04 PM EDT

Her statements sound like personal ownership of that Congressional seat to me. That is exactly why we need term limits. People get elected to an office and suddenly claim ownership. The way it came out of her mouth definitely sound racist. Her statements would lead one to beleive that only a Hispanic person has a right to that seat. She should be campaigning on her accomplishments and what she can do to help her Congressional district rather that interjecting that type of racist language into the campaign.

You can see and lear this loathsome pocha whine right here:

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/p ... vision-vi/

And watch her run for her life here in the streets of Santa Ana, Californicado Amerika:

http://www.orangejuiceblog.com/2010/09/ ... as-parade/

Fancy that, racism from OTW(other then white..
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

"The Vietnamese and the Republicans are, with an intensity, trying to take this seat from which we have done so much for our community
    Boy can you imagine if instead of Vietnamese the word Hispanic or Mexican was used.

I got news for this Hispanic Community - I lived through the new addition of the Vietnamese into our society and culture. I remember well the boat people and the rise of the Vietnamese Communities in San Jose California. There was anger over our government giving them freebies to start a new life here, but there never was was this feeling that they wanted to invade or change the U.S.

Oh this is rich!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Absolutely Priceless !

Another incumbant who advocates only for one group instead of "We The People" and does not have a clue why some people might object to her racist views.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Re: Loretta Sanchez: "The Vietnamese" are Trying t

Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod
    "The Vietnamese and the Republicans are, with an intensity, trying to take this seat from which we have done so much for our community -- to take this seat and give it to this Van Tran, who is very anti-immigrant and very anti-Hispanic," Sanchez said during a recent Spanish-language interview with Univision, according to the Orange County Register.

Tran, a Republican state assemblyman and Sanchez's challenger for the seat, is a Vietnamese-American whose family immigrated to the United States in 1975 amid political turmoil in Vietnam, according to his website.
    Wow this woman is moronic.......These OBLs throw around the "anti-immigrant" accusation so much, that the meaning is truly lost upon them so that now IMMIGRANTS are "anti-immigrant"

I would guarantee that much of Tran's support comes from Vietnamese IMMIGRANTS....I supppose they are somehow anti-immigrant as well. The Vietnamese community must be pretty strong in OC now if it is a sign that they are challenging illegal Mexican votes (which helped elect Sanchez in the past). The OC Vietnamese community tends to be very anti-communist.

I hope Tran whoops her ass.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

how you like the ol meltingpot now loretta?

This sickening display of ethnocentricity is the reason I don't vote for hispanics anymore...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast