Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I would also like to add that we should be more careful of the people we allow into this country and from what countries they come from. IF that is racial profiling oh well. However, if all of those people we ALLOW into this country had an ID it might make them more reluctant to come here to start trouble. By increasing the visa waver program, it kind of defeats the point of pretending it is for national security. AMERICANS should not be lumped into the same system. We have always been able to travel around our country at will. It would be ashamed to have to stop at every state line to show our id and don't tell me it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    I think only people coming into this country need this type of real id so we can track when they enter and leave this country. We can also tell where they are if they overstay. It will also let us know if they have a valid work permint or visa. You usually know, without much investigation, the illegals that are in your community. If they self deport, for lack of work or freebies, they can get a real id to re-enter this country But it will only work if we secure our ports and borders. Sure, some will get thru, but not as many. I don't think we ALL need to be put on this type of ID. I also don't trust the government. If you give them an inch they will take 100 miles.
    The only REALLY OBVOIUS problem is that illegals do not announce themselves as they enter the country. Therefore the only way to know who is legal and who is not, is to verify the citizenship of everybody. That;s the idea behind REAL ID. Those who cannot verify their citizenship are then considered illegal.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

They know perfectly well where the illegals are, and they make sure the border stays wide open .

I am glad I waited for Lou to show his true colors before I jumped on the band wagon .

I was fooled twice by the last ones, so now I'm very careful .

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    I think only people coming into this country need this type of real id so we can track when they enter and leave this country. We can also tell where they are if they overstay. It will also let us know if they have a valid work permint or visa. You usually know, without much investigation, the illegals that are in your community. If they self deport, for lack of work or freebies, they can get a real id to re-enter this country But it will only work if we secure our ports and borders. Sure, some will get thru, but not as many. I don't think we ALL need to be put on this type of ID. I also don't trust the government. If you give them an inch they will take 100 miles.
    The only REALLY OBVOIUS problem is that illegals do not announce themselves as they enter the country. Therefore the only way to know who is legal and who is not, is to verify the citizenship of everybody. That;s the idea behind REAL ID. Those who cannot verify their citizenship are then considered illegal.
    If and when THEY can't prove citizenship then deport them or give them a real id card. Like I said, it will only work if we close our borders and ports.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    I'll admit that I am one that is sitting on fence with respect to Real ID - and probably still am. However, at the same time, I'm seeing both sides argued very well here and that helps me understand the argument(s) from both sides. W and Jonathan, et. al. are making good points about the issue.

Question: Is it really true that the only explicit mandate for states to achieve compliance with Fed. Real ID standards is to have a 'machine readable' license? If so, that mechanism might - or might not - be able to contain/or embed biometric information. Well, I have a decent enough understanding of the technology involved to know that yes, indeed, technically speaking, the ability to do so is readily available for the most part. The question really, is: to do it, or not do to it, and what to store? and the real whopper to that is - what will be made known to the public???

Another tertiary point I'd like to bring to everyone's attention is that only a handful of states that have questioned or refused to comply with Real ID have done so on the basis of privacy concerns. The majority of those resisting the policy raise the "it's an unfunded mandate" argument - so prevalent in government. ...FYI, not taking a side, just offering a reminder....
    Many of the state legislators I know are concerned about the broader ramifications of Real ID, but the cost is a political expedient expression of opposition.

Nobody wants to engage the public from an educational angle because so few people have actually done the digging and the research on this topic and the corporate media is NOT telling the story for us.

Just look at the secrecy and press exclusion going on around the Security and Prosperity Partnership which has never been fully discussed or authorized by Congress.

Real ID looks good on the surface as presented to lawmakers, it is when you dig into the information that has been gleaned slowly from the bowels of the Pentagon that a greater understanding of the goals can be achieved.

Again, all prior generations of Americans refused these kinds of tactics and powers for the US Government. Some allowances were made during times of war. Upon initial detection by the public and Congress, the first run at Real ID (TIA) was cast down.

Real ID contains a technology developed by DARPA that was supposed to be used in warfare that is now being directed at the US population called

Human Identification at a Distance (HumanID).... to develop automated biometric identification technologies to detect, recognize and identify humans at great distances

W

W

I use to wonder how the beast would force these marks on so many , now I see they will not only refuse it, but actually ask for it in some cases !

Line up and be branded like the sheep they know we are .

Nowhere to run and nowhere to hide . The NWO tactics are escalating .

NOamNESTY wrote:
    I use to wonder how the beast would force these marks on so many , now I see they will not only refuse it, but actually ask for it in some cases !
    What are you talking about? Please elaborate.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Quote Originally Posted by NOamNASTY
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Dolly, you are right. I have tracked down someone myself just as you described. There is nothing in the National ID card that isn't already being done. I personally don't have a problem with it at all. This Big Brother fear is factually unfounded in my opinion.

If it's no different or ' better ' then why change it ?

Anyone who would give up liberty for security deserves neither .[ Forgot who said this] .
    Because they are going to put safeguards in place----barcodes and hologram images-----to prevent illegals/potential terrorists from being able to copy/reproduce documents to use fraudulently.

I would also like to add that we should be more careful of the people we allow into this country and from what countries they come from. IF that is racial profiling oh well. However, if all of those people we ALLOW into this country had an ID it might make them more reluctant to come here to start trouble. By increasing the visa waver program, it kind of defeats the point of pretending it is for national security. AMERICANS should not be lumped into the same system. We have always been able to travel around our country at will. It would be ashamed to have to stop at every state line to show our id and don't tell me it won't happen.
    Well, the bottom line is.........Unless there is a program such as the REAL ID, and unless US citizens agree/submit to being inconvenienced somewhat----at least initially and for awhile----we will NEVER be able to stop the illegals and potential terrorist presence in our country.

Quote Originally Posted by NOamNASTY
    They know perfectly well where the illegals are, and they make sure the border stays wide open .

I am glad I waited for Lou to show his true colors before I jumped on the band wagon .

I was fooled twice by the last ones, so now I'm very careful .
    Where are all of the illegals??? How do they know where they are all at?? What about the potential terrorists, do they know where all of them are as well??

Lou Dobbs is just thinking rationally------the ONLY way to stop the illegal and potential terrorist presence in our country----is if a system is in place to stop them from being able to copy/reproduce documents so that they can use them fraudulently and hide within the legal population.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    If and when THEY can't prove citizenship then deport them or give them a real id card. Like I said, it will only work if we close our borders and ports.
    They will just copy/reproduce/buy what ever documents that they need to prove citizenship-----then the problem is solved for them.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast