Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luis Gutierrez

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have tried the newspapers, TV News, and Radio and no-one wants to show the other side of coin. They only want America to see the poor Illegals and how they're persecuted. Poor babies. Well maybe if we don't rally against them we can hold our own rallies against amnesty, and for enforcing the laws. I just don't know how to get this started. I also contacted the Joliet and State police and Joliet isn't a sanctuary city so if enough of us call immigration maybe they will do something about them.
    Where exactly is he going to be in Joliet?

I also contacted the Joliet and State police and Joliet isn't a sanctuary city so if enough of us call immigration maybe they will do something about them. Where exactly is he going to be in Joliet?
    Welcome Discouraged

I use to live in Joliet. I worked at a factory, and Almost all were illegal and alot of them lived in Joliet. I don`t see the connection that it`s not a sanctuary city, it sure looks like it to me. I would like to go, I`ve never been to one,I`ll look for some info on it. Oh, I can call his office
    No man is good enough to govern another man without that other’s consent.
    Abraham Lincoln

Discouraged Welcome, welcome to ALIPAC.

There is not a whole lot one person can do, but keep educating yourself here at ALIPAC. And soon you will find what you like to do and will enjoy doing it here. I try attend City Counsel meetings - (the Chamber of Commerce favorite place), School Board meetings, write and call all my government agencies, study and go to your state's link of Bills. They are probably working on this area of immigration. I enjoyed the Tea Party rallies within the last few weeks. And I aim to educate those around me and invite them to ALIPAC. Many people are still very self-centered.

Here at ALIPAC you will get a bird's eye view of how other states are handling immigration issues.

There is so much knowledge, here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I LIVE IN MARYLAND, BUT WE ALL NEED TO PUT OUR HEADS TOGETHER TO SOMEHOW GET THE PRESS INVOLVED IN ALL THIS!!! WE NEED THE LEGAL CITIZENS OF JOLIET TO SEE THEY ARE LOSING OUT ON JOBS TO ILLEGALS!!!!

do you know of any Illinois delegates or legislators that are against illegal immigration? maybe you can contact them and ask for their help.

this dude needs to be forcibly removed from office. isn't his job supposed to be to represent and support the LEGAL citizens of illinois?

what an outrage.

each day i am slowly giving up hope. i only see amnesty in the future,a nd it is o disheartening to me.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

I got this e-mail back from one group...

[/quote]Yes. We are planning to demonstrate on the sidewalk in the area of his visit to Chicago.

Here are the details for the place where Gutuerriez is going to be.
    CHICAGO
    March 21st
    TIME: 1:30 p.m.
    Our Lady of Mercy
    4432 N. Troy
    Chicago, IL 60625-4520

We will add your name to the mail list for the e-blast of the details for the event. We are in the final planning stages.

When I get more details. This is either Midwest Minutemen or Fox Valley group. Nothing about Joliet though. If anyone want's contact info with this group or to get on their e-mail list for events etc.I can give you the e-mail if you pm me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

do you know of any Illinois delegates or legislators that are against illegal immigration? maybe you can contact them and ask for their help.
    The pickings are slim. Many will respond they don't approve of it, but then hide under the "comprehensive" blanket when it comes to explaining their votes. I do believe our new Governor is against it, but can't say much for anyone else.

I use to live in Joliet. I worked at a factory, and Almost all were illegal and alot of them lived in Joliet. I don`t see the connection that it`s not a sanctuary city, it sure looks like it to me.
    Yes it is a surprise because especially with Latinos, they bend over backwards to not even charge them with crimes the rest of us would have the book thrown at us with. They will report their status if it is real serious, but they don't make it a policy to check for it. I'd say there are legal ones here, but many are the cover for family members who are illegal. When the tornado came through here is when things really changed. There's pockets everywhere and sections you just don't go in. I mean there were always hispanics here since I can remember....over 50 years. This was farm country and at that time the majority were legal. It's not farm country anymore and like I said, many are legal and cover for those who are not. I'm on the west side in an unincorporated area. Joliet address, Plainfield school district. Not exactly in the heart of things, but it moves closer everyday. Don't have to travel far for sure.

Should we call the residents of Cook County, IL?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Immigration

http://luisgutierrez.house.gov/Issue.aspx?IssueID=4

The United States is a proud nation of immigrants. And, as the generations who came before, the most recent newcomers want what all Americans want: to raise strong families, build safe communities, to practice their faith in freedom and to seek new and better opportunities for their children.

The people of Chicago and the 4th Congressional district of Illinois, which I represent, are closely connected to the historic and proud tradition of immigration. Like their predecessors, today's immigrants work in the toughest jobs for the least amount of pay, contribute to the tax base, open small businesses that create jobs, serve in the U.S. military and add to the unique diversity of America through their social and cultural contributions. It is no wonder that our community considers it a top priority to have an immigration system in place that is fair, preserves family unity and honors immigrants' significant contributions to our nation.

While many of my colleagues on both sides of the aisle have fought for a comprehensive solution to our broken immigration system, many others have nevertheless chosen to exploit the issue for political gain by proposing legislation that represents more of the same failed policies of the past. I have consistently opposed these pieces of legislation, including H.R. 4437, the so-called " Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005". I voted against it and worked with other members of Congress to defeat this bill in December of 2005. Long-lasting reform that will fix our broken immigration system requires a comprehensive overhaul of our nation's immigration laws. For this reason, on March 22 of 2007, I, along with Representative Jeff Flake, introduced H.R. 1645, The Security Through Regularized Immigration and a Vibrant Economy Act of 2007 (STRIVE Act).

If enacted, this legislation will replace current outdated immigration laws with reforms that will improve our border security and make immigration policies more realistic and enforceable. My bill will help get control of our borders and strengthen our national security. Equally important, this bill represents a realistic and common-sense solution to this challenge through the creation of a temporary worker program, matching willing foreign workers with jobs which most Americans will not fill while allowing the border patrol to concentrate on stopping criminals such as drug traffickers to enter our borders.

The establishment of this program will allow foreign workers to enter and fill available jobs that require few or no skills. These workers would be issued a temporary visa that would be valid for three years, and can be renewed one time for a total of 6 years. At the end of the visa period the worker would either have to return home or apply for permanent legal residence, creating a path towards U.S. citizenship. It would also keep families together by significantly reducing backlogs in the family preference system.

My bill would also minimize tragedy and death on our borders by requiring the development and implementation of border security initiatives, including information-sharing, international and federal-state-local coordination, technology, anti-smuggling and other actions to secure the borders.

I am deeply disappointed that the U.S. Senate failed to pass comprehensive immigration reform in June of 2007. The Senators who filibustered this legislation failed to bring to a vote a bill that would increase border security and repair a broken immigration system while also providing a solution for the millions of undocumented immigrants who work every day without the legal recognition and protections. The Senate's failure has not changed my conviction and I continue to be committed to fight the battle for comprehensive immigration reform.

As your Representative in Congress, I have been an ardent advocate for the rights of immigrants and I will proudly continue to do so. I pledge to continue to work hard to bring our immigration policies in line with our shared American values of hard work, secure families, a strong economy and love of democracy.

Immigration Advocacy Websites:
    Truth in Immigration
    National Council of La Raza

7:00 p.m. Joliet, IL
    Our Lady of Mount Carmel
    205 E. Jackson
    Joliet, IL 60436
    Found this. I know someone posted it earlier, but so far this is only place who gave and actual address, besides just Joliet.

you know what, this may sound corny and all, but i wonder if you just make a bunch of flyers that describe briefly, in lay-man's terms, what is going on. how illegals are taking jobs away from citizens. and then find the small, local, blue-collar bars in the area and pass the flyers out during happy hours and times when the rough-n-gruff loyal americans are downing a few beers. they are the ones with friends & relatives losing jobs. we need numbers. we can't reach everyone through this site, and too many of our elected officials hide from the media when they are against illegal immigration. tell these average folks we need them to come out and protest, hold signs, write letters, make calls, whatever it may be. i dunno. heck, call a local radio station and ask them to come to the bar and hear the outrage. many times, local rock radio stations are "partners", or have several promotions at a certain bar....maybe contacting that radio station and asking them to come out and do a "promotion" at the bar they do live broadcasts from? i dunno. i feel so helpless anymore. i feel no matter what, we're all just grasping for straws. it breaks my heart to know my father & grandfather fought in wars for this country, and now what it means to "be an american" is withering away because of our politicians......
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12