Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    About this character Eckel, from the Kaus files:

MSM Rot Watch: Another tomato farmer gives up due to the failure to legalize illegal immigrants! ... Oh wait, it's the same guy, Keith Eckel of Clark's Summit, PA., who got publicity for the same reason last week. ... Is Eckel the only one the MSM could find? He's the Greg Packer of farmers! ... He's so famous he's already been contacted by Obama's people. ... P.S.: The NYT, unlike the Philadelphia Inquirer (which had last week's Eckel story) somehow doesn't have room to mention that Eckel is giving up tomatoes but planting corn. Instead reporter Paul Vitello deceptively says that Eckel has been put "out of business." ... And of course neither story mentions that corn prices are at record highs due to "surging demand for the grain used to feed livestock and make alternative fuels including ethanol." ...
    So let's see: Corn prices soar. Farmer decides to plant corn. It's the yahoos fault! ... 10:52 P.M. link

http://www.slate.com/id/2187773/
    Excellent point. Today's farmers are nothing like the farmers of old.

I'm growing my OWN tomatos. They are very easy to grow and taste great!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This agricultural tycoon is just ONE of MANY such whiners! My mother grows her OWN vegetables, INCLUDING tomatoes, and HER produce tastes BEST to me!

I think this is an older (duplicate story)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Remember, we are supposed to have cheap beautiful produce, since we have been allowing illegals into this country....Right.

It all looks like hell and goes bad in 2 days. Lemons and Limes are $.69 and $.89 each in Atlanta. Lettuce is brown when "fresh".

Chicken is expensive.

I know the Government and politicians will blame it on gas prices and trucking, but this has been going on before gas was up.

What a bill of goods we were sold..... and now they are still here.

This is a good point.

I go to the farmers market and get locally grown stuff that is far superior than vegetables that are trucked cross country. As was mentioned earlier in this thread, growing your own tomatoes is simple, even I can accomplish this! And I am seem to be the enemy of plants.

It is true that the sudden raise in prices is related to gas, but it won't stop open borders zealots from trumpeting. We will see this type of nonsense 30 fold after the November election.

Saying the nation's immigration system is broken, Pennsylvania's largest grower of fresh-to-market tomatoes announced Monday he will no longer produce the crop because he can't find enough workers to harvest it.

He is throwing a tantrum.
    Tell him to "Go ahead and let the ground lie fallow, It's good for the ground anyhow." you bet he will plant the next season rather than lose a profit.

This guy is basically saying that the system that helped him to operate "illegally" has now started to correct itself and he's whining about it! I have just one thing to say to this kind of guy "you were a fool when you hired illegal people, and now you're a fool for whining"! Like all the other law breaking profiteers, what goes around, comes around. You reap what you sowed!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

$16 an hour the guy says he is paying? NO WAY!

Anyway, 20 to 45 years ago the illegals would Come to the United States to work in the fields BUT then they would go BACK to Mexico AFTER the harvest was over. They did not work in construction, or fast foor, or anything else.

NOW, the Mexican WOMEN are here in the U.S. too! 25 to 40 years AGO THEY WERE NOT HERE. NOW HAVING THE ANCHOR BABIES.

See the change? Every employer in any industry is hiring the cheaper labor if they can or they close the factory here and send it to Mexico or China.

The wonderful politicans do little.......READ below!

He will get a better price for corn anyway and it may end up in Mexico for Corn tortillas LOL........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast