Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Majority of Senate voted for Dream Act.

I don't want to dampen spirits because we have every reason to celebrate our victory today. However, least we forget, we did not win by a majority vote. Yes, we won, but we need to keep things in perspective and realize that todays vote was much closer than it should have been. The "nay" votes should have dominated the voting, and that is exactly what would have happened if the U.S. Senate was listening to the voters.

When those we elect fail to listen to the majority of their constituents, it's time for them to go home. Let's make sure we have long memories come election time.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Majority of Senate voted for Dream Act.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    I don't want to dampen spirits because we have every reason to celebrate our victory today. However, least we forget, we did not win by a majority vote. Yes, we won, but we need to keep things in perspective and realize that todays vote was much closer than it should have been. The "nay" votes should have dominated the voting, and that is exactly what would have happened if the U.S. Senate was listening to the voters.

When those we elect fail to listen to the majority of their constituents, it's time for them to go home. Let's make sure we have long memories come election time.
    Amen
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

this was simply a vote on cloture. that fact that they cant even get the votes to talk about it further is a crushing victory for us. it means the senate does not even want to hear it.
    trust me had it passed the debate for final vote would have been a War zone.
    the second the right finds they have NO say they would have went off the deep end and killed it!

We can't forget that four key votes for it were missing; Boxer, Dodd, Kennedy, and McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by realbsball
    We can't forget that four key votes for it were missing; Boxer, Dodd, Kennedy, and McCain.
    Good point Realbsball. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Reid cries foul and wants to take a re-vote with these four losers present.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Your right too close

Your right it was too close; I turned off the television it was that close and decided to check on it later on the computer.

While still a victory it should have represented what the country wants. A lot more nays would have told me that they are listening to the people.

I hope if it did pass it would have been killed later; but don't like to count on that. Momentum builds fast in this and I was surprised by the way some senators voted today; it was disappointing. In all glad its dead.

MW
    Bostonteaparty wrote:

this was simply a vote on cloture. that fact that they cant even get the votes to talk about it further is a crushing victory for us. it means the senate does not even want to hear it.
    trust me had it passed the debate for final vote would have been a War zone.
    the second the right finds they have NO say they would have went off the deep end and killed it!
    Anyone who voted for cloture was basically saying they had an interest in passing the Dream Act. I've been around this game for a while and feel fairly knowledgeable on how the process works. I stand by my original comment. The majority of the Senate is favorable to enacting the Dream Act. Furthermore, most of those that voted to invoke cloture are the same senators that have supported amnesty all along (usual suspects). Those that are up for reelection in 2008 must be remembered!

it means the senate does not even want to hear it.
    Yes, unfortunately the majority (52 votes) of the senate did want to hear and talk about it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

(quote)

Cloture Denied, but Reid Wants to Re-Address This Afternoon

The vote for cloture did not make it. However, Reid announced that they would re-address the DREAM ACT this afternoon. The vote was 52-46-- 8 short for cloture.

(quote)

http://dreamacttexas.blogspot.com/2007/ ... to-re.html

Jeremiah 29:11
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    (quote)

Cloture Denied, but Reid Wants to Re-Address This Afternoon

The vote for cloture did not make it. However, Reid announced that they would re-address the DREAM ACT this afternoon. The vote was 52-46-- 8 short for cloture.

(quote)

http://dreamacttexas.blogspot.com/2007/ ... to-re.html

Jeremiah 29:11
    which what this
    means he is going to trade up for more vote
    we arent done with this ...

This may have been answered elsewhere, but is Alipac going to list who it endorses for the upcoming elections in 2008?
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast