Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Making a difference in Oregon

My parents rAIsed six kids, all taught to be proud of their country, and their community. My father was a Korean War Veteran, my brother a Gulf War Veteran (retired after 20 years in the US Navy) and my husband a Vietnam Veteran. I am proud of their service and found myself wanting to join ranks to do border patrols, but as a middle-aged mother of two in Oregon, it just could not be done. So, I want to encourage other women, like myself, to get involved locally. Fight this issue of illegal immigration in your own community, where it affects your children the most. It used to be that here a man or woman could get a good job, that would easily support a family, not anymore, due to wages being depressed by illegal workers, and employers who hire them. Reasonable housing was also common here, but not anymore thanks to predator slumlords who rent illegally to illegal aliens, thus bringing nice decent housing prices up, causing an affordable housing shortage, doubling the problem for citizen families that already have lowered incomes. We are just such a family. I have decided that when I see a business that might be hiring illegals, or slumlords renting to them, I will make a report to Immigration and Customs Enforcement, each and every time. I am not a tattletale, but just plain tired of the downhill spiral life has taken here, because our government will not take a stand and enforce these laws. IT IS AN INSULT TO EVERY VETERAN THAT HAS FOUGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY TO FACE, KNOWING HE/SHE MAY HAVE FOUGHT IN VAIN, JUST TO SEE THEIR OWN COUNTRY BE LOST TO LIBERALISM AND PACIFISM. This is a way to help, anyone can do it. Only give your business to companies that practise hiring of legals and citizens only, make it vocal to each business owner that you and your family will not do business with them if they are hiring illegal aliens. BUY AMERICAN, HIRE AMERICAN.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Making a difference in Oregon

Welcome to American's for Legal Immigration! We all understand your frustration, me, frustration mostly with our government!

Amen AE, and welcome to Alipac.

AE, welcome to ALIPAC and keep preachin!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Only give your business to companies that practise hiring of legals and citizens only, make it vocal to each business owner that you and your family will not do business with them if they are hiring illegal aliens. BUY AMERICAN, HIRE AMERICAN.
    Welcome aboard!
    I agree with you 100%

A few months ago, we were arranging to have some tree trimming done through a local landscaper. I told the man in no uncertain terms that he had better not even think of setting foot on our property with any illegal
    alien workers. I even wrote it in the contract. It is not a problem for me to check IDs. It is even less of a problem to throw them out.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

AmericanElizabeth,
    Well Said and Welcome to ALIPAC!
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

CALLING ICE IS FINE....THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT TO MY KNOWLEDGE THERE IS NO SYSTEM TO VERIFY IF ICE ACTUALLY FOLLOW-UP ON ANY COMPLAINTS.

MY GUESS IS THAT 1 OUT OF 500+ CALLS EVER LEADS TO ANY INVESTIGATION.

IF YOU LOOK AT THE NUMBER OF BUSINESSES ACTUALLY PROSECUTED AND FINED FOR HIRING ILLEGALS, THAT'S PROBABLY 1 IN 5,000+.

THE GOVERNMENT RARELY OVERLOOKS A CASH COW INCOME STREAM...BUT ITS HAPPENING HERE...SO YOU KNOW THE POWER AND INFLUENCE OF THE OPEN BORDER LOBBY IS MONUMENTAL.

PUBLIC PRESSURE NEEDS TO BE APPLIED TO ICE OFFICES DEMANDING BETTER ENFORCEMENT/ACCOUNTABILITY.

A PROTEST WILL DRAW THE TV STATIONS WHO THEN QUESTION ICE OFFICIALS...WHO THEN ARE FORCED TO DO A BETTER JOB...(AT LEAST UNTIL THE HEATS OFF).

INVESTIGATIVE REPORTERS WITH TV CAMERAS WORK MIRACLES IN EXPOSING CORRUPTION AND MALFEASANCE. SO WHEN YOU IDENTIFY A PROBLEM, CALL YOUR LOCAL TV STATION TOO. JUST BE SURE OF YOUR "FACTS" SO YOU DON'T WASTE THEIR TIME...BECAUSE THE NEXT TIME YOU CALL...YOU WON'T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

RE: O4IR PUTS PRESSURE ON

I belong to a group here in Oregon called Oregonians for Immigration Reform. They have been steadily working in the government to change laws concerning the "rights" of illegals. One of the other things is to have an open dialogue with ICE and our local paper (The Oregonian). They are not too well liked, a thorn in our liberal minded citizens side, but thats exactly the point. As for ICE not always following up, I am new at this to some degree, but optimistic, I just think it will take a lot of citizen pressure and they will not be able to ignore it. We have had ongoing problems with our Hispanic neighbors which makes it all the more frustrating. These people are blatantly obnoxious and encourage their kids to be that way towards ours, plus the adult men act agressive towards our 11 year old son. Seems to me they have the little man syndrome to have to pick at an 11 year old.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)