Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Man in St. Johns Michigan charged in fatal 2009 car crash

St. Johns man charged in fatal 2009 car crash near Okemos High School
    September 2, 2010
    http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...os-High-School

A 22-year-old St. Johns man was arrested Tuesday in connection with a September 2009 car crash that killed an Okemos teenager.

Valeriano Acosta-Bautista

Valeriano Acosta-Bautista was arraigned Wednesday on a charge of driving with a license that was suspended, revoked or denied, causing death, according to the Meridian Township Police Department. He's being held at the Ingham County Jail on a $25,000 bond.

Acosta-Bautista was driving a pickup down Jolly Road on Sept. 3, 2009 when 17-year-old Adam Nevells pulled his car out of the Okemos High School parking lot into the path of the pickup. Nevells died from his injuries.

Adam Nevells

Acosta-Bautista could not be reached for comment Wednesday evening. Acosta-Bautista does not have a driver's license, Meridian Township police Lt. Greg Frenger said.

Ingham County Prosecutor Stuart Dunnings III authorized charges last week. "We had to send it back for further investigation because there were some questions about the headlights on the cars," Dunnings said.

em

not a fault driver

...it is a shame with all the pain that there is to go around, in this type of accident, that V. Acosta-Bautista has become the foder for peoples emotional angst. The accident wasn't his fault - A. Nevells pulled out in front of him! Instead of the fun out-going positive spirit of Adam Nevells being perpetuated and memoralized, people seem to be more interested in racking Acosta-Bautista through red-hot coals. This will do no good - it won't bring A. Nevells back to life, the result will only bring pain to V. Acosta-Bautista and his family. (And don't think for a moment that this accident hasn't scared V. Acosta-Bautista for life!)

I'm for legal immigration. In my small Michigan town I'm amazed at all the latinos that I see on a daily basis while I'm out running erands. It wasn't this way 10 years ago. How did they get here? How did they, over night, become part of our community on such a rapid basis? My only thought is that our government is allowing it and that, though the U.S. federal government may not call us up and ask for our opinion, that migration of hispanics is part and parcel of some sort of plan - what type of plan I don't know. It's my thought that if we are to have immigration from Mexico and South American countries that there should be a process - one that americans can vote on and be aware of it's details. ~~~ America is a melting pot - this is true, but there is no melting of languages. As Americans we need to have one language and I can think of no better than ENGLISH!!!

Welcome to Alipac em. I disagree with you that Acosta-Bautista was not at fault. According to the article Acosta-Bautista did NOT have a drivers license. Therefore it was his fault as he was breaking the law by driving illegally.

Moving to Discussion as immigration status is unclear.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)