Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

MANHATTAN CHEF LATEST VICTIM OF KNOCKOUT GAME?

MANHATTAN CHEF LATEST VICTIM OF KNOCKOUT GAME?

by BREITBART NEWS 29 Nov 2013, 8:55 AM PDT 224 POST A COMMENT

Philadelphia police believe the “Knockout Game” is responsible for the vicious beating of a Manhattan chef visiting Old Town Philly on Tuesday.

Diego Moya, with his nose shattered and his jaw fractured, underwent a three hour surgery which included the wiring of his jaw shut, leaving him speechless. The “Knockout Game” is played by predominantly black teens who punch unsuspecting victims, rendering them unconscious, severely injured, or in some cases dead.
    Due to his condition, Moya was only able to communicate online. “I recall zero, was a few doors down from my hostel. Woke up on a stoop with blood on my hand,” he said. “Ate dinner with friends and on my way back to the hostel got pizza as I walked down the alley I was hit from behind. Nothing was stolen from me which leads me to believe this was that ‘game.’ I hope I'm the last person this happens to,” he said.
    One day before the attack on Moya, Michael Nutter, the Mayor of Philadelphia, warned perpetrators of this dangerous and deadly game in a press conference that that he will seek third-degree murder charges for those cases that involve fatalities.
    Moya is still thankful and feels things could have been worse. He is grateful for not suffering any internal bleeding or a concussion. Moreover, he is thankful for the love and support he has received since the incident: “My family is great, I don't want to see anyone for a couple of days since I feel a bit ashamed about how I look but the overall support is amazing.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Knockout-Game
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philadelphia

Police are investigating a vicious attack on a Manhattan chef who was walking alone on Tuesday night when he was allegedly assaulted by a group of six to eight men, all between the ages of 16 and 21. ‘I'm not well, a lot of swelling and overall pain,’ said victim Diego Moya. ‘Should be four weeks until I lose the wires and can eat normally, which is devastating being a chef. Means I can't work.’

Comments (159) BY GINGER ADAMS OTIS / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2013, 11:37 AM

Manhattan chef Diego Moya, who is a chef at Mario Batali's Casa Mono, suffered a broken jaw and nose during the attack Tuesday night.

A Manhattan chef who was brutally assaulted on a pre-Thanksgiving trip to Philadelphia may have been the latest victim of the “knockout game,” he told The Daily News Thursday.
    Diego Moya, 30, described his Tuesday night attack in online exchanges with The News as his father drove him back to New York to celebrate Thanksgiving at home.

RELATED: WOMAN, 19, PUNCHED IN VESTIBULE OF MANHATTAN ATM

The slender, dark-haired culinary artist was unable to speak after a three-hour surgery a day earlier left his jaw wired shut. His attackers broke his nose in several places and fractured his jaw. The thugs left him — unconscious and bleeding — on a stoop around 11 p.m. Tuesday night in Old Town Philly, he said.
    “I recall zero, was a few doors down from my hostel. Woke up on a stoop with blood on my hand,” he wrote The News.

RELATED: WOMAN STRUCK IN ANOTHER POSSIBLE ‘KNOCKOUT GAME’ ATTACK

“Ate dinner with friends and on my way back to hostel got pizza as I walked down the alley I was hit from behind. Nothing was stolen from me which leads me to believe this was that ‘game.’ I hope I'm the last person this happens to,” the befuddled chef said.
    Police told him they believe he was attacked by a group of six to eight men, ranging in age from 16 to 21.

RELATED: WOMAN, 72, PUNCHED IN ANOTHER POSSIBLE ‘KNOCKOUT’

CBS PHILLY

Police say 30-year-old Diego Moya was attacked as he walked along Market St. between 2nd and 3rd just after 11 p.m. Tuesday. He was in town for a pre-Thanksgiving visit with friends.

He wasn’t robbed and nobody’s been able to find a motive for the random crime. That’s why police suspect it may have been a “knockout game” assault, Moya said.

“They mentioned it as a possibility,” he wrote, as his dad brought him home for a little TLC.

RELATED: 'KNOCKOUT' HIT-AND-RUNS TAKE HOLD IN NY

The beatdown means Moya will be out of work for the next four weeks while his jaw is wired shut so the broken bones can heal.
    “I'm not well, a lot of swelling and overall pain. Should be four weeks until I lose the wires and can eat normally, which is devastating being a chef. Means I can't work,” he wrote.

RELATED: COPS PROBE ATTACK ON MAN IN BROOKLYN

“(My) family is great, I don't want to see anyone for a couple of days since I feel a bit ashamed about how I look but the overall support is amazing,” he added.
    Although his injuries were severe, Moya said he was glad it wasn’t worse. He didn’t suffer a concussion or any internal bleeding from the punishing kicks of his attackers.

RELATED: BROOKLYN SUCKER PUNCH ASSAULTS INVESTIGATED AS POSSIBLE ‘KNOCKOUT’ GAME TREND

CHINEWSABLE VIA YOUTUBE

Surveillance footage shows a Jewish man being brutally assaulted Nov. 10 during one of many suspected 'knockout game' attacks in Crown Heights, Brooklyn.

“Broken nose in a few places and a fractured jaw. Just want this nightmare to be over and hopefully by shedding more light it won't happen again,” he said, referring to the “knockout game” that’s gone viral.
    Reports have spread in recent days of the terrifying new "game" that involves sucker punching innocent victims for amusement.

RELATED: TEEN 'KNOCKOUT GAME' CONTINUES TO HARM INNOCENT PEOPLE

The "knockout game" has already caused deaths in Syracuse, St. Louis and New Jersey as marauding teens try to see if they have the strength to knock someone unconscious with just one punch. Several injuries have been reported in Brooklyn's Crown Heights and some suspect a racial component. One of the alleged New York victims said he believes he was targeted because he’s an Orthodox Jew.
    A recent report from New York's CBS 2 showed footage of a 46-year-old man from Hoboken, N.J., who apparently died after being struck by a blow to the head.

RELATED: ALLEGED ASSAULTS ROCK CROWN HEIGHTS

He was found dead with his neck broken, according to NJ.com. Video footage caught him moments before walking past a group of teenagers as one of them turns and hits him with a deadly punch.
    Michael Nutter, mayor of the City of Brotherly Love, held a press conference the day before Moya's attack warning Philly teens of serious consequences if they're caught in a "knockout" attack.
    Participants would face a minimal charge of aggravated assault -- but possibly even third-degree murder if caught in an incident where someone was fatally injured, Nutter said.
    Philadelphia police did not respond to calls for comment.

gotis@nydailynews.com

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1531959
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Brooklyn Residents Hold Rally Calling For End To ‘Knockout Game’ Assaults

Community Activists, Residents Come Together In East New York

November 29, 2013 12:55 PM

Residents and community activists hold a rally in Brooklyn against knockout assaults. (credit: Monica Miller/WCBS 880)

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Brooklyn residents are taking a stand against the so-called “knockout game,” a violent trend in which youths sucker-punch unsuspecting strangers for kicks.
    Community leaders and local residents held a rally in East New York Friday in hopes of bringing an end to the assaults.
    “We are stressed out, but we refuse to be knocked out in our community,” said Leticia Smith of the Brown Memorial Baptist Church. “We are asking our mothers to make a recommitment to pay more attention to our children.”

play

Brooklyn Residents Hold Rally Calling For End To 'Knockout Game' Assaults

WCBS 880's Monica Miller reports

Several Videos at the Page Link:

Several attacks have taken place in recent weeks in Brooklyn. The victims include a 78-year-old grandmother and a 12-year-old boy.

Earlier this week, Mira Harpazi, 72, was walking two blocks from her home at the Starret City housing complex in Brooklyn when she was punched in the face by a man in his 20s.

Like other alleged “knockout” victims, she was not robbed, but left on the street injured.

Online videos from various cities show young suspects randomly punching innocent victims.

Community activist Tony Herbert from the Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network said they are calling on social media companies and their advertisers to stop showing images of these attacks.

“The one thing we do denounce is the opportunity of folks to use social media like World Star Hip Hop and YouTube to proliferate this kind of stupidity,” Herbert said.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/11/...game-assaults/

CT HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT ARRESTED AFTER ALLEGEDLY PLAYING KNOCKOUT GAME

by BREITBART NEWS 29 Nov 2013, 9:19 AM PDT 45 POST A COMMENT

On Friday, a student at Hamden High School in Connecticut was arrested after punching a male senior in the eye, injuring him. The senior said he didn’t know the person who had hit him, but the high school figured out who the suspect was because the suspect was reportedly bragging to his friends.

“It’s a game he and his friends play,” according to the resource officer. The 15-year-old found himself in custody for third-degree assault. The mother of the student, Susan Mappa, said, “Disgusting, I don’t see the fun in it, or the point of it…You wanna play the game, then you’re going to pay for it.”

A spate of reports about the so-called “knockout game” has spread across the country, with incidents reported from Philadelphia to San Diego to Atlantic City to Birmingham to Chicago to New York to Cleveland to Nashville to Atlanta. Nonetheless, the media are downplaying such stories, with NPR, Slate, The Daily Beast, and the New York Times all attempting to write off the “knockout game” as a non-trend.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-knockout-game