Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

March 11 Congressional Hearing: New Border Wars

http://hsgac.senate.gov/public/index.cf ... 664d2cd08a
    (This has a webcast)

This was a hearing held yesterday before a special subcommittee of the Senate committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. The title of the Hearing was: New Border War: Corruption of US Officials by Drug Cartels. Much of the discussion is about how they can tighten up internal security against agent corruption.

I am placing this link here because it is one more critical evidence that the Obama Administration's promise to secure our border is a joke. One witness witness cites 129 arrests of CBP officers since 2003. Earlier this year DHS Secretary Napolitano pronounced that the electronic protection measures on the border were not operable and potentially could be scrapped. The Administration also reduced funding for border operations.

The border security that Obama and DHS have promised is still years away. The shear volume of interdited shipments of contraband only indicate that there is still much more work that needs to be done. And as this hearing shows we cannot even trust our own agents.

Senate committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. The title of the Hearing was: New Border War: Corruption of US Officials by Drug Cartels. Much of the discussion is about how they can tighten up internal security against agent corruption.

Witnesses were:
    * Kevin L. Perkins
    Assistant Director, Criminal Investigative Division
    Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Department of Justice
    * Thomas Frost
    Assistant Inspector General for Investigations
    Office of Inspector General, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
    * James F. Tomsheck
    Assistant Commissioner, Office of Internal Affairs
    Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Agent Perkins cited 1600 convictions for corruption in border protection services among all levels of law enforcement. (29.30)
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There is no bigger waste of time, effort and money than congressional hearings. Our country and its economy are in serious trouble, and those elected "leaders" hold hearings on everything from steroids in baseball to economic meltdown blame to consumer product safety deficiencies. So far, problems ad infinitum and congress zero.

They accomplish nothing, no changes ever occur and they get to bully citizens and corporations for a minute of their time here on earth. The same people they are criticizing hire lobbyists who pay the very same congress people large sums of money.

I always think it is good to have governmental sources when arguing with OBL groups. For example, if I am going to one of my US senator' townhalls I like to be able to cite US government agencies, such as ICE or US CBP, or cite the findings of Congressional Committees. Here, we even have it straight out of the horse's mouth that border control is still light years away from actual effectiveness.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)