Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MARYLAND - Is this fair? Can this be unconstitutional?

Ok, so I am sure there have been many posts and many discussions about all of the problems going on in the sanctuary state of Maryland, specifically tied with in-state tuition for illegal aliens.

As most of you know, our traitor of a Governor recently signed the in-state tuition bill for illegal aliens. Within a matter of two weeks, our Governor also announced that the long-standing tradition of our state giving scholarships to the top 350 (legal citizen) high school students would come to an end, due to budget concerns.

There was such an outcry over this (since many seniors already declared which college they would attend, then came to realize they no longer had the scholarship money they thought was coming to them) it was restored.....just for THIS year. Next year the top 350 LEGAL citizen students will no longer have that scholarship available.

YET, our Governor has found money in the budget to reward lawbreakers with in-state tuition costs for illegal aliens,....something that is estimated to cost taxpayer several millions over the next five years.

How can this be? Is this fair? Is this legal?

How can our Governor announce that starting next year, the top 350 high school scholars (and legal citizen students) will no longer have access to the Distinguished Scholar Award because "it costs too much", yet he is able to find money to reward illegal aliens with in-state tuition costs?????

If YOUR child was a Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior this year, how would you feel to know that although your child is on track to qualify in the top 350 students in the state, but will not have access to a scholarship because of "budget concerns", because now that money has to be used to grant illegal aliens a discounted tuition subsidized (unwillingly) by the taxpayers????

I am just so upset over this I do not know what to do. No, I do not have any children, but I am a PROUD American who is watching my Governor rip the American flag off my front porch and attempt to replace it with a welcome sign written in Spanish.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

Senior Member AmericanTreeFarmer's Avatar
    Is this original if not where is the link. If it is original it is a great piece.

working4change
    Related Thread Here
    Marylanders--please read!
    Help Save Maryland has a petition to put the recently passed in-state tuition for illegal immigrants on the ballot.

If you are a registered voter in Maryland and have not already done so, please sign the petition soon to meet the deadline.

No matter what state you are a citizen of, please tell anyone you know in MD about this.

Every Marylander I have approached on this is deeply angry abou this law. My sense is we will vote it down and strongly rebuke Annapolis, but we need many, many signatures to get there.

https://mdpetitions.com/

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-238559-mar ... ml+instate

Opponents of Maryland immigrant tuition bill say referendum

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-236910-mar ... ml+instate

Hippichick, I agree; this is outrageous! Illegal aliens once again given priority over American kids.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sharing your concerns in an editorial to your local paper would be great.

Here is a clip from the article saying the scholarships will be restored for this year, but phased out completely by 2015:

Though funding has been restored for this year's seniors, Maryland high school students will be unable to apply for the scholarship in future years. The scholarship program, aimed at top-notch students in the academics and the arts, will be phased out starting next year and is scheduled to be eliminated completely by 2015.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-0 ... lege-money
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

And now here is the article stating that we, the taxpayers are gonna have to shell out more money than expected to help subsidize the costs for in-state tuition for illegal aliens:

[b][i]The fiscal note prepared by the Department of Legislative Services, the research arm of General Assembly, said that state expenses for undocumented high school graduates could go up to $778,000 in fiscal 2014 and rise to $3.5 million in fiscal 2016.

“There is so much we could spend the money on with a higher priority,â€

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Sharing your concerns in an editorial to your local paper would be great.
    There is probably at least 3 letters a week that are published. NO ONE wants this, but our Governor is very much pro-illegal alien, and he refuses to listen to the citizens of Maryland. This is all so disturbing....