I just got this from Delegate Pat McDonough... He is fighting the good fight...

I called and spoke with the clerk one the phone... I could tell that she is on our side... So call and be nice...

Dear Friends,

Apparently some politicians do not like to receive criticism or disagreement from Maryland citizens. Recently, I exposed Delegate Shirley Nathan Pulliam's attempt to pass legislation that would promote bilingualism and multi-culturalism. Her legislation House Bill 1204 would mandate that uncompensated health care services were available to everyone in the state, including illegal aliens. These are services that we, the taxpayers, are forced to compensate. The delegate's proposal would force the posters to be published in both English and Spanish. CASA of Maryland, the leading proponent of illegal aliens, testified in favor of the bill. I sent out an e-mail to our network asking people to contact the Health and Government Operations Committee members and Shirley to offer their opinion. A large number of you responded, outlining your opposition to the legislation. I think your actions may have impacted the bill. I promise you I will continue to fight the bill in the committee and on the floor of the House, if necessary.

Delegate Shirley Nathan Pulliam decided to respond to our efforts by unleashing a misleading personal attack against yours truly. She alleged that I was against all immigrants, which is a lie, of course, because my only concerns are illegal aliens who create burdens for my fellow citizens. On the other hand, Shirley is a full-blown promoter of illegals. She supports drivers' licenses, in-state tuition discounts, and all other benefits for illegal aliens. The Delegate is one of the top five advocates for illegal aliens in the General Assembly. Delegate Shirley Nathan Pulliam also voted against my English bill four consecutive years. She supported taxpayer budget funding for CASA's multi-cultural mansion in Prince Georges County. Legislators like Shirley have been getting away with support for illegals because the people they represent in Baltimore County and other Maryland citizens are not aware of their antics. For the first time, Shirley heard from real people and could not respond professionally. My attendance at Committee hearings and voting sessions is good. Occasionally, like other legislators who have meetings outside the hearing room, I will step out. However, I study every bill thoroughly and I am proud of my voting record. Unlike Shirley, I do not have a 100% voting record supporting the interests of illegal aliens. Not only have I ever voted to support illegals but my record of legislation introduced to support the rights of citizens has been acclaimed by many citizens' groups. You may want to let Shirley know how you feel about her record as leading illegals advocate in Maryland. She may be contacted at one of the following phone numbers or e-mail addresses.

Shirley Nathan-Pulliam
(410) 841-3358, (301) 858-3358
1-800-492-7122, ext. 3358 (toll free)
e-mail: shirley.nathan.pulliam@house.state.md.us
fax: (410) 841-3850, (301) 858-3850

Thank you very much for support in the past and for your participation in our grassroots effort to make a difference.

Delegate Pat McDonough

For more information & interview, contact Delegate Pat McDonough at 410-238-0025 or