Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

May 7th Rally/Protest in Portland, Oregon

Well, the weather was not bad, the day started out rainy and I worried about anyone showing up, but they did. Not a huge crowd, but that was alright, a few strong supporters, versus a bunch of so-so supporters, I'll take the few.

It started out not so good though. Unfortunately I was unprepared for the group of anarchist brats out there that had obviously been perusing the boards looking to pick a fight today with anyone they could oppose.

As I was speaking to someone and had sat down my bundle of papers, my hand still on them, one of their minions reached through the little iron fence that seperated our group from theirs, and pulled away some papers, when I went after this guy, I took hold of his sweatshirt sleeve and told him to give the papers back, then two of them came up from behind and knocked me down to the ground, my 12 year old son went for the police to tell them, but they did not respond, they just said they had called their sargeant.

Portland Police stood by and did nothing (yes they were there). They took my name and number, why I do not know, but it seems they have dealt with these idiots before and get fed up, they say though that their hands are tied, apparently by our mayor, who thinks this is an ok group.

Had I not had my kids to think of, I probably would have lost my cool, but realized these people are not worth being in trouble over, though they tried to lie and say I attacked their friend (I am 5'4" and this guy was over 6 feet tall!!).

Many people stopped and wanted fliers and information, we were all peaceful and wanted only to talk with people about the facts, but these punks do not want any opinion heard but their own.

Then they attempted to follow my husband, myself and my kids as far as they could go on public transportation on our way home.

We had a man and two ladies, of Indian descent (Asia), that said they were on our side. Many went by and honked in support.

There was a newspaper reporter there, but she did not identify herself and I attempted to answer her questions over the yelling and bullhorn of the anarchist group (notice how people who oppose enforcement of the laws feel so threatened they have to make a lot of noise hoping you cannot tell people the truth?). This reporters last question was about our "income status", she kept saying "well would you consider yourself upper-middle class, or middle class", I told her neither, I told her by my husbands income we are labeled in the "lower income class", she abruptly left, I suppose she did not like that we were just some wealthy elitists whining, according to the liberal presI tried posting pictures, but it did not seem to work, I only got 2 before the battery ran out. So I hopefully will be able to edit it.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow......that's scarey to think our own police aren't "allowed" to protect their own citizens!!!! Got alot of guts.....thank you for your work.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Today has made me seriously think that Portland is no longer a place I want to be a part of. This little punk group is not the reason, it is about the attitude of our public officials and our politicians, they are the ones not allowing the police to do their work, like in many other parts of the country. Here it is ultra liberal, so to come out and do this is a huge deal, as you have jerks like these kids who will harass you to no end while you are down there, see my post on General Discussions.

Portland is becoming a northern San Francisco, no to anything but what the left wing nuts want.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)