Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mayor Cook Disappointed With President's Plan

http://www.kfoxtv.com/bordersecurity/92 ... etail.html

Mayor Cook Disappointed With President's Plan
    El Paso Mayor John Cook says he's disappointed with President George W. Bush's plan to bring up to 6,000 National Guard troops to the border.

The mayor fears there will be another incident like the one nine years ago, in which a Marine killed a teenage goat herder, Ezequiel Hernandez, near the border.

The Marines were on a drug surveillance mission in support of the Border Patrol.

Mayor Cook said while law enforcement officers are trained to deal with civilians and respect civil rights, soldiers are trained for another mission.

"The problem is that our military troops are trained for combat missions. They're not trained for domestic issues like immigration control. So, it's very dangerous when you put somebody who's trained to kill to serve on the border, to protect people from immigration issues," Cook said.

President Bush said the National Guard troops will not have a law enforcement role along the border.

Banned
    To Hell with civil rights as far as these foreign invaders go. This is a de facto war, complete with armed border skirmishes. What war has ever been fought with one side constrained by the "civil rights" of the enemy?

Look, if I catch a guy breaking into my house at night, do I worry about his civil rights or do I protect my family? Here in Texas, we are allowed to shoot first and ask questions later. In the rare event that an innocent person is shot in such a circumstance, it is the intruder who bears the blame for being foolish enough to place himself in such a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    In the rare event that an innocent person is shot in such a circumstance, it is the intruder who bears the blame for being foolish enough to place himself in such a situation.
    I totally agree, IMO, it's especially true when adults intentionally put themselves in harms way.

Be it crossing a desert in 120 degree tempretures, or riding acrossing the border in the back of an 18 wheeler. It's a matter of common sense.

And yesterday, I heard Rumsfeld say that they had to close a military training area because "our government" would not keep the illegal aliens off the property, and they were affraid they were going to shoot an illegal so they close the military grounds down

We are suppose to feel sorry for them for making stupid choices,and we are suppose to forgive them for breaking our laws, when does it ever end

Is John Cook gone yet
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY