Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard View Post
    abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics
    By Jake Tapper
    Jan 4, 2012 2:54pm

Sen. John McCain appeared in New Hampshire – his political wheelhouse, where he won the Republican primary twice – to endorse a former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney today in this year’s nominating contest.

The Arizona senator delivered a stem-winder of a speech, criticizing President Obama for hurting the economy and saying that under Romney, Americans would not have a President who “leads from behind.”

Video at link

Needless to say, Senator McCain was not the biggest fan of Mitt Romney when they were running against each other in 2008 for the GOP nomination. And despite his endorsement of the former Massachusetts governor today, back then it sometimes seemed pretty personal.

The book Game Change reports that “McCain routinely called Romney an ‘a$$hole’ and a ‘f!@#%ng phony’” in private.

McCain was less profane in public, though not particularly flattering:

On Good Morning America in October 2007, McCain said, “His record when he was in Massachusetts had many positions, most positions are direct contradictions to the ones he proclaims now, including being ardently being pro-choice, including saying he didn’t want to go back to the Reagan-Bush years, which is obviously not something that most Republicans believe in, and supporting Democrats for various offices. So look, this debate is about our records, this is about being honest with the American people, and if you’re really going to get their respect, I think you’ve got to respect them first.”

See that 2007 interview here: (starting at about 3:30)
    Video at link

“It’s not just the abortion issue, although he certainly was passionate in his advocacy for being pro-choice,” McCain said on Face the Nation in October 2007. “I mean, look at literally every major issue, whether it be immigration reform or taxes or immigration or any other issue. There has been changes in his position and perhaps all of those are evolved. But I think that that brings to mind the question is, isn’t consistency on fundamental issues an important factor in this race? And I don’t think that consistency has been there.”

And in Manchester, New Hampshire, that month, McCain told voters, “As we all know, when he ran for office in Massachusetts being a Republican wasn’t much of a priority for him,” McCain said. “In fact, when he ran against Ted Kennedy, he said he didn’t want to return to the days of Reagan-Bush. I always thought Ronald Reagan was a real Republican.”

“When Governor Romney donated money to a Democratic candidate in New Hampshire, I don’t think he was speaking for Republicans…When he voted for a Democratic candidate for President, Paul Tsongas, I don’t think he was speaking for Republicans. When he refused to endorse the Contract with America, I don’t think he was speaking for Republicans. And when he was embracing the Democratic position on many major issues of the day, I don’t think he was speaking for Republicans…So you’ll understand why I’m a little perplexed when Mitt Romney now suggests that he’s a better Republican than me or that he speaks for the Republican wing of the Republican Party.”

McCain went on to win in New Hampshire in 2008. Not too long after, he got Romney’s endorsement on Valentine’s Day 2008.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...n-mitt-romney/

Right you are check this video out from McShame..the flip flopperer!!!! With friends like this Romney doesn't need enemies.
    Looky what disappeared from McLame’s Youtube account
    Posted by The Right Scoop The Right Scoop on Jan 4, 2012 in Politics | 70 Comments

I guess before McLame decided he was going to publicly endorse McRomney, he’d better scrub his YT account of the ads he used to run against him. Buzzfeed took notice of one in particular that was scrubbed and it’s a gem:

Banned
    Oh so stevetheroofer supports Romney. You sure were quick to defend my RINO accusation. I'm sorry about that, but you need to know the truth. He flip flopped before and he'll flip flop either in the general election or once in the White House. He doesn't care about illegal immigration. If he did, he'd make it a priority to bring back the troops from overseas and put them on the border. Ron Paul will do just that. Ron Paul is the only one who can win over Democrats and Independents tired with the drug war and with our meddling overseas. You put anyone else up against Obama, and they will lose. The media knows this and so far they're doing a great job of fooling you all.

Banned
    Too Funny, All the threads are Paul Pushers when they mention nothing about Ron Paul.......Anyway...
    On McCain on anything:
    Yes, and an embarrassment to all of us in Arizona against Illegal Immigration...Goes without saying. I sent him a note...
    Please halt your acts of treachery to Our Great State of Arizona and Nation !
    http://mccain.senate.gov/public/inde...ct.ContactForm

John McCain endorsement? Kiss of destruction.....Sit this one out, and in fact stay out of this and everything else McCain!
    Sorry Paul pushers, RINO is just a word. It really has no meaning any more. Like Democrat or Republican...
    I'll change my letters to things like...T is for treason.. oh crap it could be twisted or troubleling......To heck with it! LOL
    Never mind, and I'll keep mine open....

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    Oh so stevetheroofer supports Romney.
    Yes! I do! why are you saying it like a rat? "stevetheroofer supports Romney!" "stevetheroofer supports Romney" "Awk!"

You sure were quick to defend my RINO accusation.
    Yep! just like I defended Bachmann and Cain from all you Ron Zombies, Which is not the same as Rob Zombies!
    Like I said if I were President, I would appoint him "Mr. Money" and my moto would be "Ask Ron first" but I'm here for my job and my son's job and it still sucks for us! So that "Big fat 'F' at NumbersUSA really twists my neck bolts a little to tight!

Romney 2012
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes! I do! why are you saying it like a rat? "stevetheroofer supports Romney!" "stevetheroofer supports Romney" "Awk!"
    Funny!!!!!

Rat hmmm sounds like a Parrot to me "Awk" "Awk"

Well any way Mr Roofer on the Romney 2012 thing all I can say is:

Hey what floats your boat!!!!!!

Banned
    Its not Mr. Roofer!!! Its stevetheroofer....Show some respect for others opinion could you?
    Ron Paul is NOT the Messiah...Obama is! Same damn thing in MY OPINION...."Awk" Awk" sheesh..This is not a Ron Paul thread. Get over it!

Quote Originally Posted by airdale View Post
    Its not Mr. Roofer!!! Its stevetheroofer....
    She's just playin' AD, you should hear what pattyk calls me, and hell she likes me! "Poor Bill"

When Bachmann sunk to the bottom it broke my heart, she's still the best man for the job!

Let's get control of the Senate and keep control of the House and it doesn't matter who the President is right?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer View Post
    She's just playin' AD, you should hear what pattyk calls me, and hell she likes me! "Poor Bill"

When Bachmann sunk to the bottom it broke my heart, she's still the best man for the job!

Let's get control of the Senate and keep control of the House and it doesn't matter who the President is right?
    I have not ruled out Romney but a McCain endorsement?...P...U.....!
    And you are correct.
    Our work has only just begun no matter what!

Quote Originally Posted by airdale View Post
    Its not Mr. Roofer!!! Its stevetheroofer....Show some respect for others opinion could you?
    Ron Paul is NOT the Messiah...Obama is! Same damn thing in MY OPINION...."Awk" Awk" sheesh..This is not a Ron Paul thread. Get over it!
    I know he isn't the Messiah that is why I like him Ron Paul the same as Obummer..hmmmm that is very interesting, I guess facts don't mean too much ....Who isn't showing respect for your opinion, I haven't said anything bad about Romney..Yet!!!! I just showed what his endorser McShame "the flip flopper" said previously about him. Oh but wait he now endorses him, flip flop flip flop...Again with friends like him, Romney doesn't need any enemies...And the GOP RINO's certainly won't go against him he is their boy after all!!!! Now listen to this very clearly....stevetheroofer not Mr Roofer...I don't care who you vote for of like but my opinion counts as well as yours, and if you can think of Ron Paul the same as Obummer, I can think of Romney, Perry, Bauckmann, Santorum, Gingchrich and who ever else I want as flip floppers which they all are, and liars too boot, but certainly not Messiahs not a single one of them...we only have one KING. We all know who he is too!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12