Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UB

McCain "inclined" to vote for fence bill

McCain "inclined" to vote for fence bill
    From CNN's Ted Barrett

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, said he is leaning towards voting in favor of a bill this week to build a 700 mile security fence along the U.S.-Mexico border.

"I'm inclined to vote for it," McCain told CNN, following a news conference with religious leaders and Senate supporters of a stalled comprehensive immigration bill.

Many conservative lawmakers oppose the bill because it would provide a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants already living in the country. McCain favors the comprehensive legislative approach to illegal immigration.

McCain's willingness to vote for a scaled down immigration bill could cause problems for supporters of the comprehensive approach, who are worried they will lose leverage if the fence bill becomes law. But a vote for the fence bill might help McCain, a likely 2008 presidential candidate, quiet critics on the right who are adamant about stemming illegal immigration.

"I'm all for border security," McCain said. "I always have been and I always will be."
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

UB

Many conservative lawmakers oppose the bill because it would provide a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants already living in the country. McCain favors the comprehensive legislative approach to illegal immigration.
    Is this a misquote, or reference to the comprehensive bill, or is there more to this fence bill then we are aware of.

UB

I think McCain should be sentenced to hard labor digging holes for the new fence.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by UB
    Is this a misquote, or reference to the comprehensive bill, or is there more to this fence bill then we are aware of.

UB
    I am hoping it's a misquote. Tom Tancredo was just on Cavuto, and he seems very pleased about the fence bill, because this fence bill is not contingent of getting permission from Vincente Fox to build it.

[quote]this fence bill is not contingent of getting permission from Vincente Fox to build it[/quote

Pardon? Did not realize we had even considered such a thing. I mean I knew he didn't like the idea but getting permission? From another country to do what we will on our side of the border?
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

UB

Hate to break this to you Ladydrake, but the Senate comprehensive reform bill required "consultation" with Mexico before building the fence thanks to Sen. Specter (R-PA)

Ladydrake, I probably have it all wrong here, I seem to remember somewhere in the comprehensive bill, there was something to the fact we would ask permission from Vicente before we did any securing of our border! Awful ain't it?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

"I'm all for border security," McCain said. "I always have been and I always will be."
    Is this suppose to be a joke? Because if it is I'm not laughing. No wait, actually it's pretty damn funny and I would be laughing if this statement wasn't such a downright pathetic lie.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn