Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

McCain on Laura Ingraham Today

McCain was on Laura Ingraham where she did a good job grilling him, except she let him get away with saying Republicans lost because of earmarks, not the war in Iraq--HELLO it was immigration, stupid!

I'm paraphrasing:

Laura began by saying Republicans and Democrats alike are fed up. Are you going to recalibrate your position on this?

McCain: No, but I've had these wonderful negotitiations with the White House and Gutierrez and Chertoff and Senators Kyl, Cornyn, Isaacson and Graham and others. I think we are going to have a proposal that even you will consider Laura. (my thought: I doubt it) It will reconcile some major concerns that people have. I realize it is an emotional issue with the base, a very, very strong issue. (My thought:but I don't care, I intend to retire wealthy) I hear it in Iowa, I hear it in NH, and I hear it in AZ. When I explain my argument for a comprehensive approach, I hear that from business people all over the country, stutter, stutter, we do need a temporary guest worker program, a viable one that will work, people say they are willing to at least consider my proposal (My thoughts: NO they don't)

Laura: It's hard when people see 500 immigration agents trying to apprehend 633,000 absconders, illegals who have committed crimes in this country, too.

McCain: Yea, yea, right. We have to secure our border, we have to do a lot more to secure our border, we are doing more, but we need to do more, but we have to let them know if they are coming from south of the border, they cannot get a job. We need a temporary guest worker program that works, with only one document, then others would not try to come here and employers that hire them without, will be punished to the fullest extent of the law. I think there is a way through this. there's got to be: the status quo is unacceptable and we have to fix it. That is the one thing we can all agree on. We can't continue to just lay it off on state and local authorities.

Laura: People are worried because it became worse after 1986.

McCain: Interrupts her... and says, this is the reason why the base is so angry...we promised to secure the border and we didn't...(my thoughts, more BS...)

McCain is trying to run from Kennedy and his pro illegal legislation now that he knows it is killing his chances.

The problem for McCain is that he now has political herpes!

Once you've been in bed with Kennedy, you have political herpes with Conservatives.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: McCain on Laura Ingraham Today

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    McCain: Interrupts her... and says, this is the reason why the base is so angry...we promised to secure the border and we didn't...(my thoughts, more BS...)
    Yeh, yeh......More promises John.......Guest worker programs have been tried 4 times in this nations history. The results? Wage depression and increased illegal immigration. We are sick of promises, Senator. [Bush] Fool me once, shame on.....shame on you.....Fool me, ya can't get fooled again. [/Bush]
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!