Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"Texas2step"Wrote:
    This is an important point, and one I admired McCain for emphasizing throughout his campaign. No wonder it is easy for US corporations to sell the lie that they "have to have foreign labor" in order for us to keep our economy going!

Perhaps we should begin including support for a lower corporate tax rate on par with the rest of the world when we are writing our elected officials opposing illegal immigration, pointing out that perhaps the two are linked.
    But only under certain conditions..such as, no illegal workers.
    ------------------------

Hewbrew National is an affiliate of Tyson foods and Con/agra foods
    And is Conagra is part of Agriprocessors ? I'm sure Tyson food has no rabbi's running around their plants, unless there's such a thing as hispanic rabbi's.

Its so disgusting. When I go to a nice resturant I would hate to think of where they got the meat from. I would hope it would be from a local farm. But when you go to a place like MacDonalds you can bet your meat is from Mexico, Canada, or anywhere that has the cheapest beef and chicken. I'll bet MacDonalds fish patties are from a sea-farm in China, and I've seen how pukey their "farm-fresh fish" looks. Its just not safe to eat at fast food joints anymore.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mkfarnam,
    I assume it was just an oversight that you did not present my entire comment to Hylander_1314 as a "quote". Two paragraphs of it appear as though you had written it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    Mkfarnam,
    I assume it was just an oversight that you did not present my entire comment to Hylander_1314 as a "quote". Two paragraphs of it appear as though you had written it.
    I don't know how 2 comments was mixed up on 1 post, but I corrected it
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    Mkfarnam,
    I see what happened..If you look at your post, there are no "quote tabs" around Hylander_1314's comment that you quoted.
    So when I quoted your comment it picked up both comments.
    ------------------------

mkfarnam - I placed quotation marks around Hylander_1314's comment; I didn't realize it made a difference. Thank you for making the correction.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Hewbrew National is an affiliate of Tyson foods and Con/agra foods
    And is Conagra is part of Agriprocessors ? I'm sure Tyson food has no rabbi's running around their plants, unless there's such a thing as hispanic rabbi's.
    Not directly
    I think they're more/less a Distribution/Supply Co.
    ------------------------

I would hope it would be from a local farm. But when you go to a place like MacDonalds you can bet your meat is from Mexico, Canada, or anywhere that has the cheapest beef and chicken. I'll bet MacDonalds fish patties are from a sea-farm in China, and I've seen how pukey their "farm-fresh fish" looks. Its just not safe to eat at fast food joints anymore.
    I agree !! If not from China, they are probably getting genetically modified meats. I really would appreciate it if modified meats could be labeled, but apparently these fast food joints donate tons of $$$ to political campaigns.. so their wishes come first and you and I are kept in the dark as to what we are being fed.

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    The most rescent Agriprocessor the was raided by ICE, was later shut down because of it's filth.
    I know, from being raised on a Dairy farm and selling our milk to Kraft, that any business that processes food for the public must sterilize and test their equipment daily, if not before and after every use. This also pertains to the work areas.

I'd like to know how ofter these places are inspected by EPA,FDA and OSHA.
    I would doubt very few times if ever. I know from my own company over a 6 year period, the EPA came out once, but since I was so darn anal about doing everything per regulation, and was in touch with them on a regular basis, asking to clarify the jargon in a regulation, or passing on information of the industry to them for better comprehension on their part, they didn't need to inspect me every 2 years like they do some businesses. They knew I maintained my equiptment, and had redundant safety features where I could apply them, like backup shutoff valves on hoses on each end. So most of the time, they just called and asked if I was still doing things the same as before with containment, and I said yes, as it was the truth, and offerred them an invitation to come by and look everything over, and if they saw room for improvement, to let me know so I was in compliance with regulations, or better than where possible.

Osha never once even called in the 6 years I was in business though. It would have been the same for them though. As I prided myself on as safe a working enviornment as could be provided. But it cost me in the end. I couldn't survive the operations costs, and fuel increases trying to do everything by the book, or better than the book. So that is what the big companies are running into. Even though they can weather the storm better due to sheer weight of size, having the second highest corporate taxrate in the world will push many to the brink, and many over the edge as they try to cut corners to stay afloat.
    Did you have to report when ever any equipment was superceded or changed to...let's say....higher quality unit or changes were made to your general floor plan?
    Actually, I stayed ahead of the pack on new equiptment and technology. As I usually had to explain how it worked and what it did to improve the proceedures. I guess I had a good relationship with the state EPA, as they would call me from time to time asking specific questions about procedures, that I used since I was very scientific about every aspect and how it ticked. So the EPA liked me, since I needed no "babysitting". And they were sad to see me close up shop. Especially since I put the other mobile competitors out of business through quality of work, and a 98% accuracy rate on diagnostics. Even though I wasn't the cheapest, I was the best according to my customers. But the cost of operations, and the soaring cost of gasoline, cut too far into what I earned. It drove me to where I started charging for things I used to offer my customers as a perk, since I was already there and working, that didn't cost hardly anything, or take more than 20 to 30 minutes to do. Of course folks started to ask why I was charging for those services, and all you can say is, between taxes, and costs, it's putting a real hurt on me, and I'm trying to keep the costs down, while maximizing the intake to cover it all. But then the illegals come in and undercut you by 60 to 70%, and you don't stand a chance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast