Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MEChA movement was founded on historical fallacies

MEChA movement was founded on historial fallacies

Leonardo Castaneda, Staff Columnist
    Posted on 09 February 2011

Like half the people you know, I’m a Mexican in Southern California. I have never felt like a minority here, except within my own immigrant community. I know what I am: a student, a writer and an immigrant. I also know what I never will be: a Chicano. I don’t want to hide my Mexican heritage, I’m proud of it. I just have no desire to assimilate into a movement that was founded on historical fallacies. I would rather be an individual in a nation that promotes individualism than pigeon-hole myself with exclusivists and segregationists. Specifically, MEChA.

Through its struggle for civil rights, the Chicano movement has helped unite an often disenfranchised segment of the population. In this sense, the movement has provided a valuable service to the community. However, when you come across it today, you find a movement out of touch with its own cultural reality. Its ideology is based on fairy tales that force immigrants to accept a fabricated Mexican heritage. You’d think after the civil rights movement, any minority would stop imposing self-segregation based on skin color upon itself. Well, we all thought wrong.

At the heart of the Chicano movement stands MEChA, which stands for Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán, which translates to “Movement by Chicano Students from Aztlán.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sounds exactly like a radical hispanic supremacy group to me. Why they are even allowed on campus escapes me. I guess it would be politically incorrect to exclude a radical hispanic supremacy group from spreading their misguided ideology based on racial supremacy.

Ironically, they allow this group on campus, but will not allow a group of student to assemble who want to unite around their White European history.

Figures…
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

—Leonardo Castaneda is a business administration freshman.
    And a true American!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Mayor of Los Angeles, Ca. Antonio Villaraigosa, was the leader of MEChA.

Villaraigosa eventually transferred to University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), but he did not graduate by the time that he left in 1975.[5] At UCLA, Villaraigosa was a leader of MEChA. At this time, he went by the name "Tony Villar" but began using his birth name, Antonio, in the 1980s
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Villaraigosa
    ------------------------