Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Meet America's 51st (Broke) State

Meet America's 51st (Broke) State

Submitted by Tyler Durden
    07/11/2011 18:23 -0400
    225 comments

It is only fitting that a few days after South Sudan became the newest independent country to join the roster of IMF and World Bank "modernization and industrialization" targets, another Southern version of something should break apart, although some may be surprised that this latest secession is not somewhere in the middle of Africa, but in America's own insolvent back yard. Meet Southern California. "Accusing Sacramento of pillaging local governments to feed its runaway spending and left-wing policies, a Riverside County politician is proposing a solution: He wants 13 mostly inland, conservative counties to break away to form a separate state of "South California.'' Supervisor Jeff Stone, a Republican pharmacist from Temecula, called California an "ungovernable'' financial catastrophe from which businesses are fleeing and where taxpayers are being crushed by the burden of caring for welfare recipients and illegal immigrants." Ah yes, the heart of prosperity that is the Inland Empire, known for such great achievements as Hell's Angels, the most ridiculous excesses of the housing bubble, Del Taco, and... that's pretty much it. This sounds like yet another Swiss Watch plan.

It is only fitting that a few days after South Sudan became the newest independent country to join the roster of IMF and World Bank "modernization and industrialization" targets, another Southern version of something should break apart, although some may be surprised that this latest secession is not somewhere in the middle of Africa, but in America's own insolvent back yard. Meet Southern California. "Accusing Sacramento of pillaging local governments to feed its runaway spending and left-wing policies, a Riverside County politician is proposing a solution: He wants 13 mostly inland, conservative counties to break away to form a separate state of "South California.'' Supervisor Jeff Stone, a Republican pharmacist from Temecula, called California an "ungovernable'' financial catastrophe from which businesses are fleeing and where taxpayers are being crushed by the burden of caring for welfare recipients and illegal immigrants." Ah yes, the heart of prosperity that is the Inland Empire, known for such great achievements as Hell's Angels, the most ridiculous excesses of the housing bubble, Del Taco, and... that's pretty much it. This sounds like yet another Swiss Watch plan.

This is what the 51st state would look like:

From SF Gate: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/hot ... y_id=92900

CBS Los Angeles reports:

"Stone said in a statement late Thursday that Riverside, Imperial, San Diego, Orange, San Bernardino, Kings, Kern, Fresno, Tulare, Inyo, Madera, Mariposa and Mono counties should form the new state of South California."

The new state would therefore encompass almost half of California's landmass, leaving out the strip of Southern California counties along the coast including Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties.

This is not the first time California has dealt with plans for secession, but until now most of the proposals have come from the rural counties of northern California where counties have tended to get left behind with state funding.

In fact, in 1941, a campaign to create the new state of Jefferson from several counties in northern California and southern Oregon was on the brink of success. The counties, frustrated from their lack of adequate roads and funding put together the movement, and Jefferson looked to be on track to be the 49th state (Alaska and Hawaii weren't on board yet).

By December, a "Proclamation of Independence" had been circulated and the residents had even elected a governor. But, on the week the Jefferson statehood movement was to make its national debut, the attacks at Pearl Harbor quashed all plans as residents went to work for the war effort.

Since then, every few years these and other northern counties have mounted several more secession attempts, but none have come quite so close to success as the Jefferson movement.

LA Times adds: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... 6870.story

A spokesman for Gov. Jerry Brown, a Democrat, called Stone's proposal a laughable political stunt, saying the Riverside County supervisors should be more concerned about closing that county's expected $130-million revenue shortfall in the next budget year and possible cutbacks to public safety.

"It's a supremely ridiculous waste of everybody's time," said spokesman Gil Duran. "If you want to live in a Republican state with very conservative right-wing laws, then there's a place called Arizona.''

Then again, all politicians do is focus on supremely ridiculous things that are wastes of everybody's time.

But, yes, this will make a great diversion for the country over the next week while the world burns. Unless, of course, Osama is killed for third or fourth time.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/meet-a ... roke-state
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Related:
    12 Counties secede from California?
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-242314-days ... asc-0.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And this is why we moved out LAST FRIDAY!

We now reside in TEXAS!
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

"Finish Paintin' the Town Red!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned

Re: reply

Quote Originally Posted by dregerk

We now reside in TEXAS!
    I'm glad you got out Hope Texas is better!

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Could 'South California' become the 51st US state?

A politician in southern California has launched an attempt to break America’s most populous state into two.

Laguna Beach in California Photo: GETTY

By Nick Allen, Los Angeles

5:59PM BST 11 Jul 2011

Comments20 Comments

Under the plan put forward by local politician Jeff Stone a new state of “South Californiaâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"It's a supremely ridiculous waste of everybody's time," said spokesman Gil Duran. "If you want to live in a Republican state with very conservative right-wing laws, then there's a place called Arizona.''
    Unfortunately, there's a tiny flaw in his logic.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07 ... y-tuesday/
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Re: reply

Quote Originally Posted by dregerk

We now reside in TEXAS!
    Welcome to Texas dregerk! Let's fight to keep Texas from becoming another Mexifornia!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Broke Illinois is not too far behind California, which is why I am in the process of planning my relocation these days. In the 90's I relocated to Dallas and you barely saw Mexicans and when you did they were on the side of the road looking for work.

My friend's sons relocated down there and they said that Tx if full of illegals so I know I won't be going back there. I recently had a conversation with a guy on the elevator who was coming back from Dallas and he said Texas is filled with them as well. I used to live in Medical City on Audelia Rd. The neighborhood was gorgeous. According to the guy on the elevator my former neighborhood is officially a Mexican, gang banging barrio. What a shame.

The shootings and robberies in Chicago are rampid. This past weekend 24 people got shot. I fear that my quiet, upper middle class suburb in DuPage County is not going to be quiet and upper middle class for much longer. They illegal aliens will eventually start to spread their poison here. I hope to get out of Illinois before it totally financially implodes. My guesstimate before it does? 5 years tops.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Banned
    There is not a state in the US that is not affected by this invasion! DO NOT STAND DOWN!!!!!! Sick of it!!! Americans are traveling all over this country to find work that the illegals havent found yet!!!! Its a disgrace!!!