Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Members of Congress need a backbone

Members of Congress need a backbone
    December 27, 2007

For a ''lame duck'' president, Bush is certainly having his way with this 110th Democratic Congress. Excuse the sarcasm, but how much damage could this president inflict with a cooperative Congress?

This is not the change we voters were promised on Nov. 6, 2006. Should we entrust Congress to the Democrats? Is it any wonder that Congress' approval rating is in the teens? Though I have predominantly voted Democratic, my vote is no longer to be taken for granted! If this Democratic leadership, in particular Rep. Nancy Pelosi and Sen. Harry Reid, do not grow a backbone in the next eight months, they will have presided over the shortest term majority in history.

This letter is not to be interpreted as an endorsement of the Republican party. I have become a Lou Dobbs Independent! Today, neither party speaks for the average citizen, but does what their corporate masters demand.

Wayne C. Taylor

Bethlehem

www.mcall.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

JAK
    This is not the change we voters were promised on Nov. 6, 2006. Should we entrust Congress to the Democrats? Is it any wonder that Congress' approval rating is in the teens?
    Yes, THEY were all about CHANGE!!! The only change they brought was from one hand to the other. They are all on the same team!! I am sick of all the TRAITORS!!!!!! It's time to recognise them for who they are...TRAITORS...GLOBALISTS...bypassing the American WILL EVERY chance they get!! We need PATRIOTS in office NOT TRAITORS. Both democrats and republicans have deceived and betrayed the American people!!! Only a few good men and women remain.... we need to throw the rest of the bums out.....especially the long term ones... WHO THINK THEY ARE GOD!!!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yep, I think Lou Dobbs is correct. Abandon the one-party but with 2 faces structure ASAP. Only when they realize they are loosing supporters (funding) and control begins to drift from their hands will they [maybe] wake up - but, by then, it may be too late (well, for them anyway).

A viable 3rd party or a large block of Independent voters is needed to put intense pressure on the Dems and Reps to clean-up their act (if, in fact, that is even possible), and be put on notice they need to begin working for the American people (not be pawns for large US corporations or multi-nationals) anymore... IMHO.

Lou Dobbs in 2008!

Can we pair him up with a Dorgan or a Hunter and see what the collective popularity would be? I bet, they'd do better than most realize...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have been registered as an Independent since 1973 BUT this year I am changing that to Republican so I can vote for Ron Paul in the NY primary.

It's a damn shame that most states do not allow Independents to vote in primaries and this needs to be addressed.