Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Members of congress say WHAT?

Robert D. Novak, in politcal commentary published today in the New York Post, writes (in part):

"New National polling data shows, to the surprise of many politcians, that the immigration issue is one of the very rare areas where Preident Bush is gaining, rather than losing strength.

The conventional wisdom has been that Bush's guest worker proposal runs sharply against mainstream Republican opinon and contributes to the presidents loss of party support. However, current polls show Republican opinion of the issue is split as are the Democrats, with a national majority actually backing Bush (while he continues to drop in nearly every other category).

Some Republican members of congress have reported back from Easter recess to say that their constituents are less outraged by leaky borders than the possible loss of immigrant workers, some from their own homes."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is absolute BS! These convieniently timed "new (and patently false) polls" are giving these traitors the golden opportunity to betray this country!

I couldn't find a link to Mr. Novaks commentary on the New York Post's online edition, but believe me you, I am copying it directly from the paper edition, sitting right here in my lap.

notice how there is no mention of the poll or what congressmen said that. very vague and quite false, also i can't find this in anyother news media.

"New National polling data shows, to the surprise of many politcians, that the immigration issue is one of the very rare areas where Preident Bush is gaining, rather than losing strength.
    Maybe he's eating his wheaties and doing weight training but he sure isn't gaining any POLITICAL strength. In fact with the Generals now turning on the administration, he's liable to be in deeper hockey than even we imagine.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yep it is BS, the best poll out right now is the Zogby poll that disputes the article by Novak.

I think you can find his email at townhall.com under columnists section. If you browse over there you can see that the polls are phony because all the regulars like Tony Snow, Linda Chavez,Novak ect are getting blasted on Immigration.

I have never seen such outrage at townhall by republicans and former republicans. Just look at the comments under the opinion writers that talk about open borders and Amnesty.
    Is this Mexico or the USA

I tried to find it online as well, without success, but it IS on page 17 of today's New York Post, and it is titled "Senate GOP Bungles Again".

Thanks for the website Scottydog. Going to check it out right now...before I have a major meltdown.

I found the Novak column I was talking about at townhall.com! The second paragraph is what I copied from above.

http://townhall.com/opinion/columns/rob ... 93779.html

Members Of Congress Say WHAT?

This is so ridiculous! Everyone I talk to who is an American citizen is outraged over this issue. That is both Democrats and Republicans! Are they doing their surveys by polling illegal immigrants?
    These are phony polls if I have ever seen any! They are right up there with the media reports about the hard working illegal doing jobs Americans won't do. I am so fed up with the media lies! If Bush is gaining points on this issue with Republicans then how come there is such an outcry BY Republicans for him to be impeached over this issue?

"Are they doing their surveys by polling illegal immigrants?"

Someone opined that they were probably doing their polling at Walmart stores and day labor centers.

Isn't this just exactly what they called propaganda during the cold war?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast