Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UB

MENENDEZ UP 49 – 44 OVER KEAN IN NJ

Sen. Menendez lead in an October 12 poll by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University.

In this latest survey, Republican likely voters back Kean 88 – 8 percent, while Democrats back Menendez 87 – 9 percent.

Independent voters back Menendez 47 – 43 percent, compared to a 45 – 44 percent split, tipped to Menendez, October 12.

Women back the Democrat 57 – 34 percent, up from 51 – 42 percent, while men back Kean 54 – 40 percent, compared to 48 – 46 percent for Kean.

“Hold onto your hats! This is New Jersey, folks, which means that the election is close, volatile and subject to yo-yo like swings as the TV ads howl in during the final week,” said Maurice Carroll, director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

“The sub-groups to look at? Political independents and suburbanites usually hold the key and Sen. Menendez leads, although not overwhelmingly, among both groups.

“This last week will be critical since New Jersey is usually late making up its mind”

“Women, who tend to favor Democrats, prefer Menendez. Men, who tend to favor Republicans, prefer Kean. But, if you're reading political tea leaves, the Menendez gender edge is higher,” Carroll added.

This year’s Senate campaign is “dirty,” New Jersey voters say 74 – 14 percent.

Among Republicans who think the campaign is dirty, 40 percent say Menendez is more responsible; 9 percent blame Kean and 44 percent blame both candidates.

Among Democrats, 60 percent blame Kean; 4 percent blame Menendez and 30 percent blame both candidates.

Independent voters split, with 24 percent who blame Kean; 19 percent who blame Menendez and 52 percent who blame both candidates.

“Even by New Jersey's demanding standards, this has been a particularly nasty campaign, voters say. Most Democrats blame Kean, but Republicans seem more balanced in pointing fingers,” Carroll said.

“And the independent voters point their fingers both ways.”

From October 23 - 29, Quinnipiac University surveyed 887 New Jersey likely voters with a margin of error of +/- 3.3 percentage points.

The Quinnipiac University Poll, directed by Douglas Schwartz, Ph.D., conducts public opinion surveys in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Florida, Ohio and nationally as a public service and for research.

http://www.politicsnj.com/default0406.asp
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

I'm voting for Kean. I convinced some friends who were not going to vote in protest(they did'nt like either) to vote for Kean.

Rep. Menendez is corrupt and voted for Shamnesty.

I won't vote for anyone who voted for that nonsense! Rep. Menendez was appointed not voted in either. I also don't like that fact that the citizens of NJ did'nt vote for him in the first place.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    I'm voting for Kean. I convinced some friends who were not going to vote in protest(they did'nt like either) to vote for Kean.

Rep. Menendez is corrupt and voted for Shamnesty.

I won't vote for anyone who voted for that nonsense! Rep. Menendez was appointed not voted in either. I also don't like that fact that the citizens of NJ did'nt vote for him in the first place.

Mr. Menendez has been affiliated with organized crime his entire career, gives lip service to the good people of NJ. How can anyone in NJ vote for this corrupt man? I don't understand that thinking

I AM VOTING FOR KEAN.

UB

How can anyone in NJ vote for this corrupt man? I don't understand that thinking
    Unfortunately, corruption is a badge of honor in New Jersey.

UB
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

If the poll is less than 1000 - it's not a very good indicator.

Vote KEAN and get that Marching with ILLEGALS, Menendez OUT!!

Kean's no beauty but Menendez, Corzine & Gonzalez's boy, is dangerous
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    DO NOT VOTE FOR MENENDEZ! I read on television the other day that he wants social security benefits for illegals! Can you believe that garbage?
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Quote Originally Posted by wilro
    DO NOT VOTE FOR MENENDEZ! I read on television the other day that he wants social security benefits for illegals! Can you believe that garbage?
    He wants total AMNESTY which includes SS benefits for work done ILLEGALLY.

Unfortunately, corruption is a badge of honor in New Jersey.

UB[/quote] So sad but soooooo true.

Kean is a must win in my estimation.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Quote Originally Posted by anniealone
    Kean is a must win in my estimation.
    I hope you are right anniealone.