Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Exclamation A message from my Senator........

Dear Mr. (Name withheld.)

Thank you for contacting my office regarding immigration. I appreciate hearing from you and appreciate the opportunity to respond.

First and foremost it is imperative that we secure our borders. While there have been statements made by those in the Democratic leadership that an immigration bill will be considered this year, I do not believe that immigration legislation will come before me in the 112th Congress.

I support a border security plan to combat illegal immigration, drug and alien smuggling and violent activity on the Southwest border. As we have seen in places such as Texas, New Mexico, California and Arizona, Mexican drug cartel violence has only escalated and threatens communities not just in the Southwest but also in Georgia. We must respond accordingly to ensure the safety of all American citizens. I do not believe in offering amnesty or any special pathway to citizenship for individuals who are here illegally, and I believe that all immigrants should pursue citizenship by getting in line and complying with the same rules that are already in place. I have always drawn a clear distinction between legal and illegal immigration, and anyone who comes to our country legally should be welcomed to share in the pursuit of the American dream. At the same time, the defense of our nation begins with securing our borders and ending the opportunity for illegal entry. Our immigration laws must be followed and they must be enforced, and I stand in full support of those who do both.

I have been working hard to address one of the most important domestic issues in the United States. I will continue my efforts because I believe it is absolutely critical to our state and to this nation that we secure the borders, not offer amnesty, and restore credibility to our immigration system.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please visit my webpage at Johnny Isakson, US Senator for more information on the issues important to you and to sign up for my e-newsletter.

Sincerely,
    Johnny Isakson
    United States Senator

For future correspondence with my office, please visit my web site athttp://isakson.senate.gov/contact.cfm. You can also click here to sign up for the eNewsletter

I will continue my efforts because I believe it is absolutely critical to our state and to this nation that we secure the borders, not offer amnesty, and restore credibility to our immigration system.

Johnny Isakson
    United States Senator
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Johnny Isakson is rock solid. I support him.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I removed William Gheen from tags since this post does not involve me nor contain my name.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That is a wonderful senator! We need more people like him!!!