Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Met With Ed Cox, John McCain's NY State Chairman This Week..

It went as well as I could have anticipated, all things being equal.

He seemed to be very emphatic in stressing that John McCain's priority will be to enforce existing immigration laws. Personally, I wasn't convinced of this-even though I didn't doubt Mr. Cox's sincerity in making that declaration-simply based upon John McCain's awful track record on this issue. He did declare that John McCain opposed granting driver's licenses to illegals, which is an improvement upon the stance of Barack Obama.

However, another problematic area cropped up when he invoked the frequent hobgoblin of open borders advocates, i.e. are you in favor of deporting every illegal alien immediately, not taking into account the fact that deportation through gradual attrition is the best long-term solution to this monumental domestic problem.

Later in the week I spoke at a public hearing held by the good Assemblyman Greg Ball-who's attempting to recover the 23k driver's licenses issued, illegally, to temporary non-residents during Elliot Spitzer's short-lived administration-and listened to several other speakers offer their proposed solutions to this problem. As far as the presidential race, Stephen Steinlight-who works for FAIR-said that he instinctively thought Obama would be better on the issue of amnesty/immigration for the simple fact that it was not a priority of his, even though on paper he is just as bad-if not worse-than his Republican opponent.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Here's a press release from Assemblyman Ball's website describing the event:

http://ball4ny.com/blogEntry.aspx?entryID=500

Thanks, Shapka. And I am so sick of all the political spin of positions that will no longer be carried out due to extenuating circumstances once either of them are put into office. Bush has set a fine example of that in his conservative speak and actions completely opposite of what he promised.
    Isn't Ed Cox the guy Tricia Nixon married?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_F._Cox

Here's his CV:

http://www.pbwt.com/cox_edward_bio/

He ran against Her Thighness for the U.S. Senate before Pataki and the other putzes who run the GOP asked him to bow out of the race.

Edward Cox is a senior partner in the corporate department and focuses his practice on counseling companies with proprietary technologies and foreign companies with U.S. operations as well as on structured financings. His clients span a diverse array of industries including software, biotech, insurance and minerals.
    I assume, that with his wise marriage to Tricia Nixon, he probably has the ear of CFIUS (Council for Foreign Investment in the US), the rubber stamping organization under the thumb of Bush and gang.
    Mr. Cox seems to be part of the problem selling this country bit by bit to foreigners just for instant cash for those entities which have spent more than they earned--like governments. While infrastructure is being sold, we have alos been giving away intellectual property just for cheap labor and lousy, if not tainted, products into this country. I won't even get into trade imbalances, as I don't think there is enough room on the Internet for that tirade.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Shapka,

You should have said, no I don't want them all deported immediately. At the rate we already have them leaving, some stepped up enforcement could clear them all out within about 7 years.

You should have cited the fact that illegals are leaving states of high enforcement on their own and are now leaving the US on their own in response to some actual token enforcement.

W

Just to give you a taste of things, one of the first books I saw on his office desk was a thick, coffee table-sized book celebrating the anniversary of the United Nations.

Again, I'm thankful for him arranging a meeting in the first place-I doubt that NY ICE would have even been given a courtesy call by the Obama campaign-but I can't say that I came away from that meeting any more impressed by McCain's position on immigration-related issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Shapka,

You should have said, no I don't want them all deported immediately. At the rate we already have them leaving, some stepped up enforcement could clear them all out within about 7 years.

You should have cited the fact that illegals are leaving states of high enforcement on their own and are now leaving the US on their own in response to some actual token enforcement.

W
    I brought up the fact that he was offering a false dichotomy, i.e. either blanket amnesty or wholesale deportation, and tried to describe what NY ICE's position is with respect to this issue. We espouse a similar viewpoint to that of the Center for Immigration Studies, i.e. we need to begin cracking down on employers, through interior enforcement, Dept. of Labor audits, etc., and accelerate the process of deportation through attrition.

After a few minutes of vigorous debate, I think he realized what our position actually came down to, but disabusing him of the notion that we subscribed to some untenable position on immigration enforcement took some doing on my part.

We also argued over a guest-worker program, which isn't part of NY ICE's agenda. Me and the President of our organization told him that we insisted upon enforcing current immigration law, eliminating incentives for illegal aliens already here, and deporting/prosecuting illegal aliens who have been detained. I also told him that any guest-worker program that included illegal aliens, or people who abused by the visa application process, was adamently opposed by NY ICE.

BTW, this is not only a security issue, but an issue of insuring the integrity of our electoral process. There is a Spanish-language voter registration ballot in New York State-in NY ICE's possession-which asks the prospective registrant if they are citizens of "North America."

Voter/voting fraud will be rampant during this election, rest assured.

http://proteinwisdom.com/pub/?p=2095

Shapka wrote:
    There is a Spanish-language voter registration ballot in New York State-in NY ICE's possession-which asks the prospective registrant if they are citizens of "North America."
    Oh jeesy peesy! What a subtle hint of the North American Union. What will the next election registration forms ask: are you a citizen somewhere on this earthball?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast