Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UB

Mexican held on smuggling charges 12 to be deported

Mexican man held on smuggling charges after stop on I-95; 12 to be deported
    By SUMMER HARLOW, The News Journal

Posted Friday, December 8, 2006 at 1:31 pm
    Jesus Salinas-Escamilla, 22, a Mexican national accused of smuggling 12 undocumented immigrants, will remain in custody pending indictment, Judge Mary Pat Thynge ruled at a hearing today.

Salinas-Escamilla was detained Monday after a Delaware state trooper stopped him on I-95 for speeding, according to testimony from Michael Deshaies, a special agent with the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Dover.

Immigration officials were brought to the scene after the trooper realized that Salinas-Escamilla and his passengers spoke little or no English, Deshaies said. All 13 persons were in this country illegally and taken to the immigration office in Dover, he said.

According to Deshaies, Salinas-Escamilla told immigration officials that he had agreed to transport people from Texas to New Jersey to earn money to pay back the smugglers who had helped him cross the Arizona border in March.

The 12 passengers, nine from Mexico and three from Colombia, are undergoing deportation proceedings, Deshaies said. He said he did not know whether any of the passengers had been deported already.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs ... S/61208028
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

Just deporting these criminals just encourages them to commit more crimes. I say build a tent city jail like Sheriff Arpaio has in Arizona and feed them baloney sandwiches.