Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican Truck hearings NOW

The Mexican truck hearing are on c-span NOW and Dorgan is pissed....for anyone who cares to watch...I don't think they are going to be to nice to Mary Peters!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

OUCH! Dorgan just hit one on NAFTA and the trade imbalance (in Mexico's favor) since it's enactment. GOOD ONE, DORGAN!

Around lunchtime I had a few minutes to transcribe some of the meeting I caught online. Here's the thread:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-643488-.html

The reallygood part was at the end when Dorgan said, paraphrased in my words here ( I didn't have time to get the quote at the time):

"Well, Ms. Peters, I am not very happy with the response I have seen from you and DoT, and as you know I am on the Budget Committee and appropriate funds. I believe you, DoT and the President are acting unlawfully. I have done everything I can do bring this trucking program to and end - yet, you still continue to operate it in defiance of laws passed by Congress. I will remember that when I deal with DoT's budget in the next fiscal year."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    I will remember that when I deal with DoT's budget in the next fiscal year."
    Does this mean they're going to let it slide???

Senator Dorgan will NOT let this slide. It may take until the next Housing / Transportation funding bill is worked on, but you can bet your bottom dollar the wording will be perfect the next go round and this fiasco will come to an end. Every "and / or" will be in in it's proper place - no room for loopholes.

Well looks like they will not be able to go longer than their one year pilot program...is the way I understand it, it should end and when Dorgan said he was on the finance committee he was letting her know she will get no more funds.....

I still think she should be fired but then I believe her time will be up when Bush goes out of office as she is in an appointed possition...so may not be worth going after her.

this is how I see it all coming down, if I am wrong don't be affraid to let me know!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)