Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Scarecrow!!

That's right. The Politicians Got Their Panties in a Bunch and Mexicans Want to Be Global Nomads!

I say we put them all on a Big Aircraft Personnel Carrier and Drop Them Somewhere in the Sahara Desert.....Together!

Then they can Forage Freely Forever....in "perfect harmony"!!

(Hmmm....I wonder how long that "luv fest" would last?)

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, Judy as far as the "luv fest" I would say that since these people are descended from a race that practiced human sacrifice and butchered their enemies unmercifully, I can only conclude that the luv fest would end with Judeo/Christian inspired law and order broke down. Then, it would make the dark ages in Europe look positively enlightened.
    When we gonna wake up?

ScareCrow!!

LMAO---almost spit out my coffee and had to put my cig down!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

SCARECROW wrote
    Many in our state government have their heads firmly planted in the sand over this.
    WELL NOW...........I was under the impression that their heads were firmly planted in another place

JUDY, I'm awfully glad that I'm not the only one with the "cig" in hand
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

2ndamendsis--LMAO!!

That's right.....up their "bums" as the Brits would say!!

Firmly!!

Before I begin my work as a financial genius today, I just wanted to say that you two (and you know who you are) are a hoot! Last night was a real fun trip (that's from the sixties for you kids who went to C in the 70's and 80's).

On a serious note - I hope we can get these two good bills passed in NC today. William is working like a demon. I have the legislators numbers with me and will call as many as I can between meetings from my cell phone. Keep the faith, Baby (another 60's saying...boy am I old).
    When we gonna wake up?

Re: Mexican Woman in Tennessee Fighting "Learn English

Quote Originally Posted by Virginiamama
    I have written the Southern Poverty Law Center about the racist remarks made by La Raza, MALDEF and others. I asked them why they were not on their "Hatewatch" list. Surprise, no response. This is on the front page today. They really called in the recruits on this one. Wrech!

http://www.splcenter.org/legal/news/art ... =1&aid=106

Mexican woman fights for custody of her daughter

Felipa Berrera (left) appears in court with her interpretor.
    (Christopher Berkey)

LEBANON, Tenn. | May 17, 2005 -- A hearing to determine if an immigrant mother regains custody of her child is expected to last through Thursday.
    Felipa Berrera, ordered by a judge to learn English or lose her parental rights, returns to Wilson County Circuit Court here tomorrow to continue her fight for custody of her 11-year-old daughter, Linda.

Her attorneys are asking Judge Clara Byrd to set aside a decision by Juvenile Court Judge Barry Tatum that awarded temporary custody of the child to Warren and Emily Patterson, a foster family who want to adopt her.

Called as the first witness when the hearing began last week, Berrera declared her love for her daughter. "I don't hit my daughter, I love her," she said from the witness stand through a court-approved translator. Berrera speaks Mixteco, an indigenous language, and doesn't understand Spanish or English.

In November, Tatum ordered Berrera, originally from Guerrero, Mexico, to learn English or have her parental rights terminated.

The woman's 11-year-old daughter was placed with the Pattersons after allegations of neglect. The mother was given a Spanish translator for the proceedings and was unable to communicate with the court. During the proceedings, she asked the judge for counseling. Instead, Tatum gave her a deadline of six months to learn English at a fourth-grade level.

The ruling caught the attention of the Center's legal department, and its attorneys joined the local lawyers here working on the case.

"The fact that it was hard to talk to her meant that they didn't," said Center attorney Mary Bauer. "None of this would have happened if she had not been a poor immigrant and spoke English. They never talked to her."

The judge's decision to force the mother to learn English represents a larger cultural bias toward Hispanics and other immigrants in the court system.

"If this was an ordinary white, middle-class situation, there's no possible way that any judge would have removed the child and disallowed contact with her mother," said Center legal director Rhonda Brownstein.

Brownstein called the ruling a bigoted response to the immigrant community in Lebanon and the rest of the country.

"If the millions of immigrants who built this great nation over the generations had been required to learn English or lose their children," she said, "we'd have a country full of motherless children. It's nothing short of an outrage."

The Center expects to begin its case when the hearing resumes tomorrow. Bauer plans to include testimony from an expert on Mixtec culture.

The case reflects the Center's commitment to provide legal representation to society's most vulnerable members.
    She is a peice of trash and should not have any rights. Why is she not in jail? This type of garbage needs to be locked up and the key thrown away. Throw her under a bus already. Thanks
    "Bring it on"

Verizon phonebook in Spanish update

Just an update on my irritation at receiving a Spanish/English version of my Verizon phonebook... I sent Verizon an email indicating how annoyed I was about getting their doorstop sized phonebook which was in English AND Spanish. They sent an email back stating that they automatically send those to cities with a high Spanish population (what...ALL of California?). So I sent an email back asking to be removed from their delivery list, and they sent me an email stating that I needed to provide them with some form of identification so that they could match up my name and address with their records so that they could be sure of removing the right person from their list. Pretty ironic...they didn't ask for any ID when they SENT me their dang Spanish/English phonebook!

Save California!
    http://www.cafepress.com/savecalifornia

SAVECALIFORNIA!! Report them to the Attorney General's Office. They did not send you the phone book based upon your personal identification information. They sent it to the physical address belonging to your PHONE NUMBER. ALL they needed was your Phone Number to cancel the delivery of the phone book.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234