Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico’s Take Over Of California: Complete By 2014?

Mexico’s Take Over Of California: Complete By 2014?
    By Joe Guzzardi

In March, April and May, I wrote a series of columns about the sorry condition of California’s GOP (here, here and here). I also handicapped the party’s dismal prospects for winning any of the three most critical elections—either of the two U.S. Senate seats currently held by Democrats Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein or the 2010 governor’s race to replace termed-out Republican incumbent Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Although Boxer will also run in 2010 for re-election, California is in such dire straits that all eyes will be on the governor’s contest. That shapes up as a probable match between Republican political novice Meg Whitman versus either of two Democratic veterans, Feinstein or the omnipresent former governor and current Attorney General Jerry Brown.

But since early spring when I gave my first assessment, California’s political sands have shifted. And with the change, a Republican has suddenly vaulted into the forefront of the state’s politics.

In fact, although it’s way early, I make State Senator Abel Maldonado the odds-on pick in 2014 to become California’s governor.

For immigration reform patriots, that’s much more bad news than it is good news. While Maldonado is indeed a Republican—technically—he points to his migrant farm worker parents as the reason for his fierce illegal immigration advocacy.

How a relatively obscure state representative from Santa Maria will become California’s first Hispanic governor since Romualdo Pacheco, Jr., in 1875 is an interesting tale. [Senator Abel Maldonado Has Made A Name for Himself, by Steve Chawkins and Patrick McGreevy, Los Angeles Times, February 22, 2009]

Maldonado will pull it off with a combination of luck and skill.

Specifically, this is how he’ll do it:

In a stroke of good fortune for Maldonado, Lt. Governor John Garamendi recently announced that he was abandoning his moribund gubernatorial effort to run instead for the congressional seat about to be vacated when Ellen Tauscher leaves for Washington DC to serve as Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and International Security. [Ellen Tauscher Is Off to the State Department for Sure, by Anne Schroeder Mullens, POLITICO.com, March 19, 2009]

That means Schwarzenegger must appoint Garamendi’s replacement. And, as it happens, Republican Schwarzenegger owes Republican Maldonado a favor.

During Schwarzenegger’s bitter dispute with the state legislature to close California’s $40 billion budget deficit (via higher taxes and more debt), Maldonado infuriated his conservative Republican colleagues when he sided with the governor.

But at the same time, Maldonado ingratiated himself, not only with Schwarzenegger, but also with California’s Democrats and independents eager to end the impasse.

Step one in Maldonado’s ascent, then, will take place in a few weeks when Schwarzenegger appoints him to replace Garamendi.

Suddenly, Maldonado will emerge from relative political obscurity to become a key player who, because of his Mexican immigrant background, will be hyped to the max by California’s adoring MainStream Media.

Step two will occur in November 2010 when either Feinstein or Brown easily defeat the Republican candidate—presumably Whitman.

By 2014—the next year the gubernatorial election rolls around—several things will have evolved, all of which play in Maldonado’s favor.

California’s overall economic health will remain on life support—horrible news for an incumbent hoping for another term.

Feinstein will be 81, Brown 76 but Maldonado only 47. In age-obsessed California that creates a huge edge for Maldonado. According to census data, in 2014 the average age of California’s Hispanics will be about 30. Ask yourself this simple question: will those young Hispanics vote for the fossilized white incumbent or the polished Maldonado who can appeal to their ethnic roots?

California’s demographics will have shifted even more dramatically toward Hispanic domination. The state’s population will be about 40 percent Hispanic—the largest voting bloc.

Add to Feinstein and Brown’s age and demographic negatives is that they have knocked around California politics for nearly four decades. If voters of all stripes aren’t sick of them by 2014, then I don’t know what.
    Maldonado has been building toward his political ascendancy since 2000.

As a freshman state assemblyman he accepted an invitation from then-presidential candidate George W. Bush to give a Spanish-language speech to the Republican presidential convention aimed at wooing Hispanic voters. (Vainly, of course).

And in 2008, again addressing the Republican convention, Maldonado closed with these words (translated from Spanish):

“John McCain and my father would be good amigos. Ladies and gentlemen, que viva the immigrant story.â€

Maldonado’s bracero father, it is worth noting, has lived in California as a permanent resident for more than forty years without becoming a citizen.
    How is this worth noting?? Sounds like somone who broke the law, nothing more.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In a stroke of good fortune for Maldonado, Lt. Governor John Garamendi recently announced that he was abandoning his moribund gubernatorial effort to run instead for the congressional seat about to be vacated when Ellen Tauscher leaves for Washington DC to serve as Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and International Security. [Ellen Tauscher Is Off to the State Department for Sure, by Anne Schroeder Mullens, POLITICO.com, March 19, 2009]

That means Schwarzenegger must appoint Garamendi’s replacement. And, as it happens, Republican Schwarzenegger owes Republican Maldonado a favor.
    However a quote from the following article:
    Rumors are buzzing in Sacramento that Maldonado wants to run for state office, but he’s made no announcement. His name has been dropped as a nominee for lieutenant governor if current Lt. Gov. John Garamendi runs for a northern California congressional seat.
    http://pacbiztimes.com/index.php?option ... 9&Itemid=1

We'll see.....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California’s tragedy has been a long time coming. Immigration reform patriots have predicted the state’s demise for years.

Still, for this California native, watching it actually happen is unbearably sad.
    As goes California, so goes the rest of the nation. It will be the first state of North Mexico, with many more Californians moving out. Hope the Hollywood elite like it then.

As Mr. Guzzardi says, those of us trying to halt the illegal invasion have predicted such a scenario for years, but still watching it happen before our eyes is sad.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

AE

This is just sickening.

I cannot imagine how, upon seeing this happen, must feel for all citizens who live in California, who have worked so hard to fight.

However......I say I cannot see that giving in and letting it happen without a fight is EVER an option.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    This is just sickening.

I cannot imagine how, upon seeing this happen, must feel for all citizens who live in California, who have worked so hard to fight.

However......I say I cannot see that giving in and letting it happen without a fight is EVER an option.
    I agree. I just get so discouraged at times. But I will never ever give up until the Last American Standing (W's radio show ) says its over.

It IS still possible amnesty will NOT pass, and the majority of pro-amnesty pandering politicians will be voted out. It IS still possible. Its just that we also HAVE TO strictly enforce immigration laws, despite the Anti-U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the globalists, the ethnocentric special interests, etc. But our forefathers fought back the British empire. We CAN do it.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

I think that it is sad, but eveytime a hispanic runs for office, I will vote someone else. Even if they are one that says "they don't speak for me" I still wonder if they will change when they get into office to passify the hispanics in their community. I don't want to feel that way, but I can't help it. I have nothing against Mexicans, it's just I don't trust them to do what is right for Ca and the rest of the US as I have seen so many in office speak out for amnesty.

I have a passel of cousins in California, but they are too involved in their daily lives to even understand what is happening to their state, nor do they seem to understand that their success depends on responsible government.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They will have to wrestle it away from the Globalist that control it now.