Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico Is Big Business For USA Companies

Tune in a Country radio station or even a hip-hop radio station and there is one new unifying theme, mexico is great. Watch enough TV and about 1/16 of the ads will be for products which relate to mexico. Mexican restaurants are quickly becoming more popular than traditional restaurants. Mexican beer and liquor are more and more replacing American and European drinks (tequila is set to be the highest selling liquor by volume and the margarita is the #1 mixed drink.

Go ahead look around you. From the "Mike-arita" commericals to Jose Cuervo to Doritos new "Firey Habinero" to Girls Gone Wild videos to Fast Food (Taco Bueno, Taco Cabana, Chipotle, etc..) and even the new Toby Keith album businesses are finding that claiming a mexican heritage gets them profit.

There largest cultural threat to America of all of these, in my opinion, is 'reggaeton'. It started as a mix of caribbean beats with English rapping over them. It's success and current rising domination was spurred by Sean Paul. But he's not the only one out to make your kids think that being from a spanish background is better than being American. Fat Joe, a native Puerto Rican mixes spanish words in with his music, sometimes they make no sense at all.

But both sean paul and fat joe are little teeny bopper TRL artist. They make their living catering to the attention challenged 12-18 crowd so the spanish word fad is more than likely just a passing phase. However, artist like Daddy Yankee would beg to differ. Daddy Yankee is just the latest in a long line of hispanic acts that are capitalizing on the rise of reggaeton in the USA. More and more night clubs are reporting older hispanic men and women entering the clubs to dance to reggaeton music. In fact there are new clubs popping up all over the country dedicated to it and Tejano music.

But it doesn't stop there. There are radio stations like CASA 106.7 http://www.casa1067.com fm in Dallas TX that not only play Reggaeton but also encourage their young listening audience to believe in illegal immigration and call those who oppose it racist. These are English language radio stations who play music which is a mix of english and spanish. Most of their listeners don't even understand the language. Just look at their list of advertisers. Charroking.com Lowrider AZTLAN. They also urge listeners to join LULAC and other worthless groups.

According to the FCC a radio station must be in doing 'public good' meaning they are to support the society, not to degrade it. In my opinion stations like CASA, which sponsored the 500,000 person march in Dallas in april and was the main medium for getting people out to it, are not doing the public good. They are spreading lies and enciting riots and even what I think verges on treason.

This station is owned by http://www.entravision.com/ and I am filling a grievance with the FCC in hopes they will at least investigate the company's violation of the public trust.

ok i sent in my grievance. You can complain if you hear obscenities or racial langauage on spanish or regaeton stations in your area:

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/cib/fcc475B.cfm