Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Michele Bachmann: Too feminine to be President?

Michele Bachmann: Too feminine to be President?
    Kara L. Kraemer
    Yakima Conservative Examiner
    September 24, 2011

"That's the whole point. Barack Obama seems to think that when we earn money, it belongs to him and we're lucky just to keep a little bit of it. I don't think that at all. I think when people make money, it's their money."
    Credits:
    Mark Wilson/Getty Images

The debate last Thursday was expected basically to showcase Perry against Romney. That expectation was fulfilled, but the exchange that really brought Perry down and probably out was when Santorum exposed Perry's education break to illegal aliens, a break which needy Americans do not receive.

Santorum on Perry in regard to illegal aliens attending college:
    "The point is, why are we subsidizing? Not that they can't go. They can go. They just have to borrow money, find other sources to be able to go. And why should they be given preferential treatment as an illegal in this country? That's what we're saying.....
    So I think he's very weak on this issue of American sovereignty and protecting our borders and not being a magnet for illegal immigration, yes."
    While others also criticized Perry's position on illegal immigration, it was Perry's own words which shook conservatives to the core:
    “If you say that we should not educate children who come into our state for no other reason than that they’ve been brought their through no fault of their own, I don’t think you have a heart."
    With the bringing down of Perry, some say it brought Santorum up as a contender; but this examiner disagrees. Santorum may be a fine man, but he lacks that certain quality which inspires Americans to look hopefully to him as a leader. He was somewhat annoying in the way he goaded Perry about the Texas border and its lack of a fence. After Perry explained that Texas knows how to keep the border secure but that they needed more "boots on the ground" from the federal government, Santorem whined, "But you said we know how it works. Is it working in Texas?"

Newt Gingrich is politically shrewd, possibly a genius, and everyone knows it. Perhaps that is why he does not take advantage of these debates to show off just what kind of great mind he has. Several of the candidates showed their deep respect and admiration for him as they said they would pick him as their VP choice.

Mitt Romney also has a very high IQ and a good, polished presence. It is no surprise to see him in the top tier of candidates.

In spite of America being weary of politicians, we seem to want as President someone who has some political experience. That is likely why Herman Cain is not catching on. He is obviously very bright and honest; and he certainly has much to offer.

Michele Bachmann is, in a word, wonderful. Here is an example from Thursday's debate of her ability to articulate a purely conservative view:
    ".....the federal government has failed the American people and has failed the states. It's reprehensible that President Obama has sued the state of Arizona and the governor of Arizona for trying to protect the people in Arizona. That's wrong.

As president of the United States, I would do what my job would demand of me. That's to uphold the sovereignty of the United States of America.

To do that, I would build a fence on America's southern border on every mile, on every yard, on every foot, on every inch of the southern border. I think that's what we have to do, not only build it, but then also have sufficient border security and enforce the laws that are on the books with the ICE agents, with our border security.

And here's the other thing I would do. I would not allow taxpayer-funded benefits for illegal aliens or for their children.

That's a madness. End the madness for illegal aliens to come into the United States of America."
    She has been criticized for her uproar over Perry's decision regarding Gardasil. Even though she is correct, she should have let it go long ago as Perry has admitted he made a mistake. However, she can't get over how he could err on something so basic as what should be a parent's decision, not a government decision.

Bachman is a conservative through and through. She's bold and inwardly strong. Unfortunately, though, America is very much this day and age affected by outward appearance. On that stage, in spite of all her strength and energy, Michele Bachmann looked small and non-intimidating in comparison to the men up there with her. Someday, perhaps, we will elect a woman as President; but as we are still drawn to a masculine presence for leadership of our country, it won't be someone so ladylike in her mannerisms as Bachmann, not any time soon.

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in ... -president
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

RELATED

Perry on the Rise in Polls on GOP Nomination; Bachmann Fades
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-246792.html

Presidential Candidates: Enforcement Vs. Amnesty
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-246987-0-da ... rasc-.html
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Shes is so feminine enough shes a woman,but shes just to dumb and flip flops to be.Cant remember where fist shot of revalutionary war was,said Georga Washington stop slavery,And Elvis birthday.Wants to cut benifits from veterans,wants to cut farm aid she and her family benifited from,wants to cut medicade medicare her husbands clinic servives on,really not sure on immagration changed her mind on this dont know where she stands,wants to do away with SS.that people paid into and live on,and other things.She is woman enough and good looking but being a good looking woman dont make you smart enough to be president.Wont support her im a VET that dont need my benifits cut that i use to live on and havent gotten old enough to draw SS yet but hope too if republicans dont take that away.

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    She is feminine enough, shes a woman.
    Say that to your wife! She'd use you to beat me to death, and could beat everyone of the GOP candidates arm wrestling! And look "Pretty as a Peach!" doing it!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

“I’m not sharing something I shouldn’t,â€
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.