Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Migrants Pour Out of Yacht In Sunny Isles Beach

Too bad I missed this call on the police radio. It would have been interesting.

http://cbs4.com/local/Sunny.Isles.Migra ... 28526.html

Apr 12, 2010 10:21 pm US/Eastern
    Migrants Pour Out Of Yacht In Sunny Isles Beach
    Reporting Daniel Lastra
    SUNNY ISLES BEACH (CBS4) ―

Sunny Isles Beach Police and Customs and Border Protection Agents have worked to detain more than 20 migrants that arrived on the beach Monday evening.

According to initial reports, the migrants are Jamaican, Haitian and Sri Lankan. Sunny Isles Beach Police officials say they got the call at 7:21 p.m. that a boat with Haitian migrants arrived ashore near the Tropicana Hotel on 159th Street. Coast Guard officers were tracking the vessel as it came ashore. The operator of the luxury yacht tried to get away, grounding the vessel.

"I saw a boat being chased by one police boat," eyewitness Camila Andronicos told CBS4 News. "The boat started going faster, the yacht started going faster and faster, going to the left and the right, trying to avoid the police and then they forced it on the beach."

That's when migrants poured out of the boat and fled on foot. Police rounded some of them up in the Collins Avenue and beach area, and are looking for more.

Several agencies, including Bal Harbour and Miami-Dade Police are assisting.

The group included women and children, but officials haven't said if they're in good condition.

They're trying to figure out who is in charge of this apparent smuggling operation.

Money in American dollars and other cash currencies were also confiscated from agents onboard the yacht.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Migrants Pour Out of Yacht In Sunny Isles Beach

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    Sunny Isles Beach Police and Customs and Border Protection Agents have worked to detain more than 20 migrants that arrived on the beach Monday evening.

According to initial reports, the migrants are Jamaican, Haitian and Sri Lankan
    Come on, let get this right, these were illegal alinens.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Illegal invaders. What scares me is that there is a group in Sri Lanka that are a terrorist group. They have been fighting a civil war and many are wanted by the government. Canada found out about them the hard way as they let lots of them in as refugees. There were many that were arrested for plotting to or actually going back to fight. They also rasied money for it. i think they are called the Tamil Tigers.

The best part of this one is that some actually got tazed. The bad part is some got away.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Reading this I immediately remembered the ship Golden Venture running aground off the Rockaways in 1993. I did a Google search and much to my surprise found out a documentary movie about it had been made in 06. There is some very interesting info at this link:

http://www.goldenventuremovie.com/synopsis.htm

I wasn't surprised that the film is sympathetic to the IAs though.