-- Another poorly formatted form level most likely cobbled together from canned talking points... and out of date --

Dear Mr. Unvalued Citizen:

Thank you for contacting me about immigration and the current debate about immigration reform. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

First and foremost, I believe our nation's immigration system is broken. Millions of people try to enter America illegally each year. At the same time, at least 12 million illegal immigrants live in the shadows of American society.

I believe that we need to protect America 's borders. This means providing more resources to increase border security. It means tougher penalties on employers who hire illegal workers. I also don't believe that we should offer amnesty to illegal immigrants who are currently in the country.

I appreciate knowing of your opposition to the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 (S. 134. On June 7, 2007 the Senate held a procedural vote on S. 1348. Only 45 of the required 60 Senators voted to move forward on this legislation, effectively suspending debate on the bill. Your views will be helpful to me should the Senate reconsider this legislation in the future.

Thanks again for getting in touch with me. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Sincerely,
Barbara A. Mikulski
United States Senator

P.S. If I can be of further assistance in the future,
please visit my website at http://mikulski.senate.gov
or call my Washington D.C. office at 202-224-4654