Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

their illegal entry into our collective home, the United States of America, is the act of trampling on the very people and principles which they claim to admire. The defenders of the integrity of these principles are then villified for reminding them that neither their desires nor needs do not obligate us to also trample on our own principles.

Illegals are in fact short-cutting and short-changing these precious principles in their current stupor and urgency, and ignore the sub-principle to the rule-of-law, namely that we have sworn to obey all current laws until and unless the sovereign citizens of this nation debate, approve and vote into effect any new laws or changes in existing laws or traditions, within the democratic process of this republic....another inviolable principle of our Constitution.

Mexico, by third world standards, is a rich country. Its political and economic system has failed the majority of its people. Whereas the true patriots of this nation took up arms against its oppressor, starting with the colonial rebels and minutemen, Mexico has chosen the cowardly solution of picking the pockets of a neighbor rather than deal with the scum that is picking their pockets in Mexico...
    conservative is but a liberal after a dose of reality...

Bookey ... I would like to know why the illegals are not angry with the Mexican government. Why are they not in the streets demanding the same freedoms to earn in Mexico as we have here…? Why are they not burning the super high priced homes of the people that steal their national treasure? We all know that ‘racism’ is just hot word that their movement believes will get them sympathy…
    "One Flag ... One Language ... ONE COUNTRY"....... Teddy Roosevelt

Thank you all (Kate, Pokie, Justme) for the passionate and concise responses! I think my brain might soon explode - I'm possibly too old to be writing a research paper - especially on such an emotional topic! I will, however, produce a very strong and moving paper. If only a student paper could make a difference. I deeply appreciate all your input. It is helpful, as you all surely know, to hear from others who share your frustrations.

I live in Colorado in an area where the illegal aliens have taken "menial" jobs that young teenagers, teachers, and elderly citizens used to fill during the summer months. Two of my kids were able to work in peach packing sheds for a couple of years, but the third year they were told they were not needed because of the influx. It is an industry that has truly depended on "transients" over the years, but now it has become absolutely saturated with illegals. In the school district, where I used to work, there were a few families who came legally for the spring and summer months. Their children were in school during one school year for the months of August, September, and October and then again in April and May. They were here legally, but the children suffered by being bounced around so much. They were always well behind the rest of their classes, but we couldn't keep them back because the minority community would get riled and spew, "Racism!" It's a double-edged sword in that if they are illegal, the children benefit and if they are legal the kids are hurt.

I saw a thread about 8 illegals being arrested in Jefferson County, CO for home-buying fraud. I was unable to find anything about it anywhere else and I have not yet been in touch with my daughter who lives in Jefferson County. Is anyone aware of this story? I know that in my daughter's neighborhood - "upper-middle-class" area of $300,000+ single -family homes, there are quite a few houses inhabited by several families each of non-English speaking people whom I assume are from Mexico. I'm wondering if this sort of thing is going on all over the country - I expect so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Welcome Bookay. Others can comment on this, but I would guess that the views of immigrants who have come here legally probably depend somewhat on where immigrants are from. I have a friend from South America who came here legally, worked her way through college but it took her many years to become a citizen. She is completely outraged by what is going on with illegal immigration and any suggestion that illegal aliens should gain citizenship or jump in line ahead of those who have been waiting and taking the legal route. On the other hand, many who have come from Mexico still have strong ties and family members there, so I would guess that they often are looking out for their own self interests and want our system to stay wide open so that their family members can come too.....even if this hurts citizens and those who came legally. Then of course there is the "reconquista" agenda with many Mexicans, which is different than other immigrants.

They are not suggesting they immediately given citizenship, but to wait(here and benefit from the system while waiting) their turn. Many don't want anything more than that. I believe they should pay a price (not $2,000) by going back the their countries and apply for legal entrance like everyone else who want to come here.
    That is a reward and not a price to pay. They should be deported which will cost the tax payer less than "earned anmesty."

I so agree!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123