Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MORE COMMENTS ON THIS STORY

MORE COMMENTS ON THIS STORY

Dean wrote on December 06, 2006 8:45 PM:"Eric Parish is obviously living on another planet."

Very Concerned wrote on December 06, 2006 8:59 PM:"Hope Eric doesn't get in a car accident with an illegal. I have and luckily insurance covered the cost. Illegals don't have driver licenses and insurance and the accident can be fatal. Enforcing the law has nothing to do with being racist. America has welcomed immigrants of all kinds. It's amazing that some people want to ignore the laws but when confronted it is called racism. Don't forget how corrupt the Mexican gov't is where most of the illegals come from. Don't blame the US citizens for Mexico's problems."

To Juan wrote on December 06, 2006 9:03 PM:"Mexico lost the land to the US. Mexico tried to force its power actually on its own citizens, both US and Mexican citizens, and lost the war. Have you heard of the Alamo?"

To Steve wrote on December 07, 2006 12:49 AM:"Can you for once stop blaming NAFTA for Mexico's poor economy? NAFTA has nothing to do with their corrupt government. Corruption is what has caused poverty in Mexico. Mexico has one of the most expensive toll roads systems in the world, and their quality is pittiful. Their agriculture is in the stone age. Has their government offered low-interest credits? Have their governmnet helped the agricultural industry? No they haven't! They have filled their own pockets with tax money. Ask any mexican if they thrust the Mexican government with their taxes. Their answer will surprise you. STOP BLAMING NAFTA!"

Basta! wrote on December 07, 2006 5:12 AM:"You go, Juan, '06 12:45 PM. Power to the Brown People, Right On! It is only a matter of time. The steam roller is on it's way el norte. Our brown pride will smother you into submission. Our biggest 'talent' will increase our numbers. Majority rules! We will return the SW US to the splendor that is present day Mexico. The plan is falling into place nicely. Enjoy! Basta!"

CEP wrote on December 07, 2006 7:30 AM:"What is your point to this anyway? That you support the invasion? You support the very racist Raza? Do you support groups like MEChA and LaRaza? Are you in fact a big racist? Seems to me the pot is trying to call the kettle black? Viva LaRaza! "

To David wrote on December 07, 2006 7:34 AM:"I guess Claudia Spencer is Mike Spencer's Anchor Mate? Regardless if he purchased her from a mail order bride magazine they married solely for one reason for her to live here in the U.S. so I the old adage fits in here, What is good for the goose is good for the gander."

Mike America wrote on December 07, 2006 7:58 AM:"I only had to read the first two sentences and I recognized the author immediately. As I type this I count 43 blog responses; 39 rebutals to Eric's nonesense; 3 agreeing; 1 irrelivant. But it's nice to see the N C Times applies the same policy for its Community Forum as its letters to the editor; they obviously will publish all submittals. If you enjoyed this rant, stay tuned; Eric is published almost every Sunday in the letters to the editor section; same old, same old every two weeks. Sarcasm aside; Eric is a profound example of why we need a third, and truly conservative political party, now."

Jay wrote on December 07, 2006 7:59 AM:"This isn't about "immigrants," Parish.... it's about illegal aliens, criminals by definition. These left-wing nut jobs like Parish are one of the reasons this country is infested with Mexican peasants. These people need to be rounded up like cattle and removed from the country. It's the law, Eric. Get over it or move to your beloved Mexico."

Kakdie wrote on December 07, 2006 9:16 AM:"Why would anyone want to continue to flock to the racist? You would think they wouldn't want to work for or live around all the racist. Why do they keep doing it? Sounds like a great flaw in Parish's viewpoint. The criminals need to leave and be punish and there is nothing racist about that. "

Anti-Loco wrote on December 07, 2006 9:34 AM:"I've seen Eric Parish at an illegal alien rally. If you're intrigued by his letters and forums, you should check him out in person. WOW DUDE!"

Nanchi wrote on December 07, 2006 11:28 AM:"I am deeply OFFENDED by the actions of some groups of anti-illegals. I was picking up a neighbor from the bus stop on El Camino Real in Carlsbad, when a anti-illegal protestor started shouting at me that I was breaking the law, while shoving a video camera in my face. This man was ASSUMING that I was an employer hiring an illegal. It reminded me of my trip to Communist Russia."

Ronster wrote on December 07, 2006 12:23 PM:"Eric, you are truly an ignorant person, you say people are racist for wanting our goverment and citezens of other countries to obey American law. It is that simple. Illegal Immigrants, offer nothing, they take, take and take, then spit in America's faces by pledging loyality to thier home countries. I am sick and tired of this garbage. And I for one will NOT take this lying down. "

You are kidding right? wrote on December 07, 2006 12:41 PM:"Screaming at Nanchi on the side of the road IS racist, they are making assumptions based only on skin color. Since when is it not racist to say our country is infested with Mexican Peasants, or that we should round them up like cattle? These are not rants of people who "want our laws inforced", these are rants of people who dislike Mexicans. If we take Pat's numbers as accurate, that means 7 of 10 Mexicans are here LEGALLY! MOST of these Mexicans that people are harrassing are legal. If you don't see how rapidly the secure the borders movement is becoming PC hate, you are nieve at best. We need to secure our borders, but we also need to realize and be cautious of the racial hate that is festering right below the surface."

To Anti-Loco wrote on December 07, 2006 2:08 PM:"Wow Dude!!! Your ignorance is alarming. It is natural though that those who argue that the current anti-immigration rhetoric is not racist are also the first to resort to name calling and prejudging. That is exactly what Mr. Parish stated in his writings and you with your juvenile comment proved his point. Are you judging him by his outer appearance? I guess I just don't get your point. "

To Ron wrote on December 07, 2006 2:15 PM:"Enforcing immigration is one thing. I think we can all agree that our immigration system is broken. I do not think the activities of groups such as the minutemen and the like minded is the answer. This issue only becomes racist when racist, and hateful names are being used to describe the illegal immigrants. At a rally I attended in Escondido regarding the housing ordinance I heard a woman say "they are not wetbacks they are scratchbacks because they didn't swim here they scratched their backs crawling under the fence." That is racist. I went to the meeting in support of Marie Waldron and after witnessing all of this first hand I left with a different opinion of the flag toting group. You are racists when racial slurs are being hurled. "

Skip wrote on December 07, 2006 4:23 PM:"7 of 10 Mexicans are here LEGALLY that's fine, but 76% of illegal Aliens are Hispanic and of those 56% are Mexicans. Illegal is Illegal, and race is not a factor. No one ever accused Hispanics of being discriminated against until the Illegal Alien problem got so out of hand."

To Skip wrote on December 07, 2006 5:13 PM:"That is exactly my point. Since the Illegal Alien problem has gotten out of hand, we are starting to discriminate against ALL Mexicans. The racial slurs are being thrown at ALL Mexican's, not just the illegals. The Mexican's are being blamed for all our problems. I want the illegals to go home too, but the amount of hate directed at the Mexican population in general is not right. Pat clearly outlined the plan we should be following in an earlier post, each part of it already a law that needs to be inforced. I am all for a clear plan to resolve the problem, but the hate part has no place in this debate, and we allow it to continue and justify it because we have a problem we haven't dealt with. Isn't this somewhat like Hitler and the Jew's, if they could just get rid of the Jew's everything would be better, it was as politically correct as what we are doing to the Mexicans. It didn't have a good outcome! Is this the road we want to go down? I think we are on a scary road here, and need to be careful."

To : To Skip wrote on December 07, 2006 6:11 PM:"You can blame the Open Borders Activists for that one. They would have you believe that Hispanics and Illegals are one and the same. Now we know nothing could be further from the truth, but when Foreigners demonstrate under the Flag of Mexico, they would have you believe that this is the actions and beliefs of all Hispanics. Name calling and racism remain weak arguments as Hispanics were always classified as Caucasians by our government in the past. The makeup of perceived racism due to brown skin is just that ; made up. Successful countries in South America laugh at the Mexicans and their whining about racism and what they demand. No other country in the World would permit this except for the U.S."

Ernest wrote on December 07, 2006 6:16 PM:""7 of 10 Mexicans are here LEGALLY that's fine" And 6 out of those 7 support the invasion. "The racial slurs are being thrown at ALL Mexican's, not just the illegals" You mean like the racial slurs coming fast and heavy at gringos? Or do you only look at this one way?"

Mike America wrote on December 08, 2006 6:12 AM:" I have to admit that initially I was quite aggravated the the Times would print Parish in a Community Forum; after all he graces the Letters to the Editor section every two weeks with-out fail and his message is always the same; the United States is the most hateful, racist, violent, and warmongering nation on earth. After a second thought I find Parish's rant instructive. If you've never been to a pro illegal alien event and wondered what kind of people support the unfettered access and invasion of our country, behold Parish and his ilk. They don't burden themselves with things like facts, common sense, and obvious truths. Their arguments are vacuos, simplistic, purely emotional and idiological; tear down the borders let them all in, give them whatever they need or want, and American sovereignty be danmed. If you disagree with that...you're a racist."

Jason wrote on December 08, 2006 12:27 PM:"Good Job Eric you have the backbone that most people are too chicken to have. Insteed of sticking to the issues they blog hatred."

To Ernest wrote on December 08, 2006 3:34 PM:"No, I don't look at it one sided, I think the hate flying in both directions is a scary thing. I know that people around me that were once very tolerant of all are now making derogatory remarks all hispanics and that the same comments are being made towards us gringos. The comments in these blogs are so loaded with racial hate from both sides that one has to wonder where this will all end. I want to resolve the illegal immigration problems, I see the negative financial impact it is having in this area, I see the slums, the gangs and all of its problems, but I also see that we, as a community, need to be villagant in not having this turn into a hate war. I don't think we need to be calling people ugly names. Instead we need to enforce the laws on the books to resolve the problems. Enforce the codes, do the Drivers license sweeps, audit the employeer's I-9's, deport anyone who is arrested and does not have proof of legal residence. But don't use this hate language. Don't make it difficult for the legal Hispanic to get housing because the landlord doesn't want the hassel of checking legal status. Shut down the day labor sites, but don't hassel the local landscaper unless you have proof they are illegal. This can be done logically, it doesn't have to spread so much hate."

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/12 ... ogcomments

Who is racist?

Basta! wrote on December 07, 2006 5:12 AM:"You go, Juan, '06 12:45 PM. Power to the Brown People, Right On! It is only a matter of time. The steam roller is on it's way el norte. Our brown pride will smother you into submission. Our biggest 'talent' will increase our numbers. Majority rules! We will return the SW US to the splendor that is present day Mexico. The plan is falling into place nicely. Enjoy! Basta!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We will return the SW US to the splendor that is present day Mexico.
    splendor?? are you serious?

He must have meant splinter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12