Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Miracle happend today...

The miracle is that Congressman Raul Grijalva's office actually responded to something I sent them in only a weeks time. In the past it has taken 4-5 months with several follow-up phone calls to get a response. What isn't a miracle however is that I essentially got the same letter from him today that he wrote me 3-4 years ago, not addressing at all the items I sent him that made me angry enough to send them and he rubs his love of "immigrants" in my face. As you will see, there's not any mention of laws, illegal immigration, drug trade, (which I think might have been what I sent him) hospitals, schools, ethics, unsafe roads or anything else that we face every day. He's trying to tell you and me that everything is coming up roses.

This guy as you see in his letter has no problem with people working without social security numbers. I thought that was illegal too and he's probably turned my name over to the FBI as someone who is a threat to him, as he has publicly said he has done in the past.

January 16, 2007

Mrs. mapwife
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Drive
    Tucson, AZ 85713-0000

Dear Mrs. mapwife:

Thank you for contacting with your concerns regarding immigration.

After reading your letter, I think there are two areas we can agree on: (1) our current immigration system does not work and (2) we agree to disagree.

Immigration is one of the most complex issues in this country, and is at the forefront of discussions in Congress. In Arizona immigration has always been a crucial part of our history. We must remember that history, and also evaluate why the current situation exists in our border.

The last time that our country had a major immigration law change was more than twenty years ago. In the 1990s there began an attempt to address immigration, but this was a border-security only approach. It did not deter immigrants from entering the United Sates nor did it provide a venue for legal entry; instead it encouraged immigrants to enter through our Arizona deserts.

I bring up this quick synopsis to make my point that we should learn from our past approach to immigration and not do a one-sided fix. In Congress, we are about to take on immigration laws that would improve the economy, security, and humanity for all individuals involved - United States Citizens, Legal Permanent Residents, and immigrants. As we continue the debate to change immigration law, we need to ensure that immigration law complements our labor, economic, and population needs, and create accessible legal venues for immigration.

I support legislation that deals with immigration in a comprehensive manner; comprehensive includes, at a minimum, dealing with a security strategy, immigration law, visa backlogs, family unification, a guest worker program that protects employee and employer, and a path to legalization for those already in the country.

I support comprehensive immigration reform as well as an international dialogue in dealing with immigration. This is to deal with the reality of our border and include the "push-pull" factors of immigration to the discussion. Understanding immigration is taking responsibility for U.S. policy with respect to other countries and the impact it has on their and our economy. For example, if we are to deal with immigration from Mexico , we need to expand our relationship, dialogue and strategies and work on a U.S.-Mexico policy that addresses both of our economic concerns.

Theses principles guide my support for the Secure America Orderly Immigration Act (HR 2330) introduced by Representatives Jim Kolbe, Jeff Flake, and Luis Gutierrez, respectively. This legislation addresses the reality in our country and addresses all aspects of the immigration debate, understanding that improvements will not come through a piecemeal approach.

Immigrants are a part of country. As you know, this country was founded by immigrants, and even though times have changed the role of immigrants advancing our country has not. Immigrants continue to add to our economic success and vibrant diversity.

The value of immigrants is not solely financial, but many of the current discussions on immigration surround the cost of immigration. As Americans we must recognize the financial role of immigrants. Research from the National Research Council found that immigrants add about $10 billion to the economy each year, and pay $80,000 per capita more in taxes then the government services they use in their lifetime. The Social Security Administration estimates that workers without valid social security numbers contribute $8.5 billion dollars annually to Social Security and Medicare; this is unclaimed money that ensures United States Citizens continue receiving a dignified retirement. In Arizona , Thunderbird American Graduate School of Management estimates that immigrants provide Arizona with a fiscal surplus of $106 million per year, and that Mexican immigrants alone provide $355.7 million per year in tax contributions.

Immigrants contribute to our economy, our culture, and our history. In standing with our historical base, I will remain an advocate for rational, intelligent and comprehensive immigration reform, because anything less will not suffice.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I always appreciate hearing about the issues that are important to you.

Sincerely,

Raul M. Grijalva

Member of Congress
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Hi Mapwife,

They use the words "complex" and "comprehensive" over and over:

-- To brainwash the public
    -- To "condition" the public for what they're going to do next
    -- To achieve Deception and propaganda
    -- Because the Trilateral Commission tells them to

Any congressional or senate staffers reading this?

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

I think I remembered what article I sent this foolish Congressman which generated this letter that has nothing to do with what I sent. I sent him the article about how illegal aliens average 6 arrest a piece for various crimes with their repeated contacts with authorities. You all remember that recent article don't you? Do you see any relationship in his response to the issues addressed in that article?
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Ok, now this guy is as "dumb as a box or rocks" (as we have been called).

Since when are the illegal aliens "immigrants? Immigrants come here and ASK permission, then they FOLLOW THE LAWS, they also are SELF-SUPPORTING, and they do not encourage their own ethnic group(s) to take over the U.S. by having babies in heavy numbers.

Guess this guy is just not dealing well with reality. Maybe he needs to sign himself up for the Medicare drug plan so he can get some medication for his reality "issues"!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by mapwife
    I think I remembered what article I sent this foolish Congressman which generated this letter that has nothing to do with what I sent. I sent him the article about how illegal aliens average 6 arrest a piece for various crimes with their repeated contacts with authorities. You all remember that recent article don't you? Do you see any relationship in his response to the issues addressed in that article?
    Was it McCain? He did the same thing to me. Loser!