Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Missouri plans to follow AZ. and OK.(employer sanctions)

Candidates for Missouri governor take aim at illegal immigration
    By Brandon Cone
    BDN Staff Writer
    bcone@bransondailynews.com

Illegal immigration is becoming a big issue in Missouri, and is already taking its place as a point of debate among Missouri’s 2008 gubernatorial candidates.

So far both democrats and republicans have agreed that measures need to be taken against employers who hire illegal immigrants.

Earlier this week, Missouri Attorney General Jay Nixon, 2008 democratic candidate for governor, proposed legislation to impose sanctions on Missouri employers who use undocumented workers.

“It is the lure of that job that attracts undocumented workers to the state,â€
    ------------------------

This is great news for me because I will be moving to MO in a couple of months! I currently live in AZ and can't wait to see how this new law works out. I have read several statements on Alipac that the law is already running them off. I can't personally vouch for those statements because I don't get out much but I hope it is all true. I also hope they are going back where they belong and not just moving to more "friendly" states. I guess we just wait and see what happens at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by againstillegals
    This is great news for me because I will be moving to MO in a couple of months! I currently live in AZ and can't wait to see how this new law works out. I have read several statements on Alipac that the law is already running them off. I can't personally vouch for those statements because I don't get out much but I hope it is all true. I also hope they are going back where they belong and not just moving to more "friendly" states. I guess we just wait and see what happens at this point.
    It's all true. Noone here,(except for trolls) has any reason to mislead one another about something we've been fighting for for decades.
    Besides, there's too many intelligent people here that can catch a misleading statement when posted.

The truth is our game. Our oppositions lie enough for everyone.
    ------------------------