Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Mitt Romney Confident Donald Trump Won't Be GOP Nominee

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mitt Romney Confident Donald Trump Won't Be GOP Nominee

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mitt-...ry?id=34153202

Mitt Romney Confident Donald Trump Won't Be GOP Nominee

By ALANA ABRAMSON

Sep 30, 2015, 2:53 PM ET

The 2012 GOP presidential nominee, Mitt Romney, isn't sure who will succeed him as the party’s standard-bearer in 2016, but he can’t imagine it being front-runner Donald Trump.

"I will support the nominee. I don’t think that’s going to be Donald Trump," Romney told Atlantic Editor-in-Chief James Bennett at the Washington Ideas Forum today.

"My party has historically nominated someone who’s a mainstream conservative, and someone who has a foundation of foreign policy that gives people confidence that can guide ship in a state of troubled waters," Romney said, adding that Trump's suggestion on “60 Minutes” that ISIS take over Syria was "absurd and dangerous."

Romney also seemed to repudiate Trump's treatment of his fellow candidates on the trail, noting that what Ronald Reagan called the 11th Commandment - never criticize another Republican - has clearly fallen by the wayside, which he said makes it harder for the party to win the general election. He said Trump's criticism put other candidates in an uncomfortable position because they don’t get anywhere by ignoring the New York real estate mogul.

“They are coming back strong and standing up for themselves,” he said of the other candidates.

As for Trump’s view of Romney, he said in January that the former Massachusetts governor “failed” in the 2012 election.

"He choked,” Trump said at the Iowa Freedom Summit. “He had that election won.”

Romney, who hasn’t made an endorsement, listed John Kasich, Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, Lindsey Graham and Jeb Bush as mainstream conservatives, adding that Carly Fiorina could fit in that category if she “elucidates more on her policy positions.”

“I think each of them has staked out a territory which is not extreme and so I don’t think I’d conclude it’s impossible to win the general election,” Romney told the Atlantic. “As a matter of fact I think we will win the general election in part because we have such strong and capable people as the ones I’ve mentioned.”
    Last edited by Judy; 09-30-2015 at 08:30 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks Mitt! You just gave Rubio, Fiorina, Jeb, Kasich, Christie and Graham, the kiss of death.

You know Mitt, Trump told the truth when he said you choked, but he supported you, gave you money, promoted you, and worked hard to help you win. And THIS is how you repay him?!

You're not only a bad loser, you're a bad friend.

And no one likes that.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The R Party should change itself to the L Party.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Stopping the illegal alien invasion is my priority issue and my vote will be determined exclusively by it. Donald Trump and Rick Santorum are the only candidates who are hard core to stop the illegal alien invasion. All of the others vacillate on that issue and if any of them are nominated I walk from the GOP. And if I feel that way, you can be certain there are millions of voters who will do the same.

This is our line in the sand; this is our hill to die on. Stop the God damn illegal alien invasion now! If it does not end with this election then any peaceful means to stop it will probably be gone. Each election vote fraud becomes worse and elections more of a banana republic type sham. And when patriots conclude elections are a meaningless fraud, what is left? I guarantee the fighters will not simply quit lay down and accept the end of their freedom.

I pray to God there is no violence in the streets. I tell people not to do it, but I hear talk--- patriots are becoming desperate because they understand this is a struggle for national survival and their liberty. How long can good, peaceful law abiding citizens be screwed over before things turn ugly? How long are they expected to remain civil when their own government is turning them into foreigners in their own country? How long are they supposed to respect the law when their own government ignores the law and is forcing an alien repopulation of whole communities? Remember the rancher Cliven Bundy? It almost explodedthen over an obscure issue.

Did you know a real American can get fired from his job if he dares to ask a Mexican about his legal status? That is the employer, intimidated by the government, into doing the government’s dirty work to silence real Americans. How much of this crap are patriots supposed to tolerate? Because it appears Santorum’s campaign is going nowhere, it is Trump or bust. If he looses—then what? Perhaps mass civil disobedience? Pray to God there is no violence.

I urge others if they desert the GOP do not stay home, write in Jeff Sessions as a protest vote so the reason for a GOP loss will be obvious to all the pundits.

Patriots work harder we are on the cusp of despotism.
    Last edited by csarbww; 09-30-2015 at 11:49 PM.

Banned

Romney is a complete idiot...

Quote Originally Posted by Nkosi View Post

Romney is a complete idiot...