Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    Quote Originally Posted by odiesback
    high IQ foreigners in the World to come here
    Why not?

This is LEGAL immigration. Arent we fighting
    ILLEGAL immigration?

The US benefited greatly from the minds
    of Einstein and co. not to mention the
    hordes of scientists who helped this
    country archieve so much.
    Did you miss the issues with illegals getting in state tuition in some States. Not only do they rob what our citizens should get they are also qualify for the quotas!
    [quote:3fli9god]"Romney also expressed interest in expanding the number of H-1B visas, which allow employers to seek temporary help from foreigners holding at least a bachelor's degree. 'H-1B visas are a great source of a brain magnet, if you will, bringing people into this country who have skill and experience from other countries,' he said. Lamenting that many foreign doctoral candidates must leave the country after graduation, Romney added: 'I'd rather staple a green card to your diploma and say that if you can get a Ph.D. from one of our great institutions, we'd love you to stay here.'" September 25, 2007; The Associated Press

"Romney argued, though, that American businesses need 'skilled' immigrants. 'If you're so lucky to be in India, let's say, and you've done real well in school and you've gotten a scholarship to come to Iowa State to study...you're going to get a Ph.D, the only condition...is once you've got your degree, you've got to go home. In my opinion if you've got a Ph.D from Iowa State, we'd like you to stay,' Romney says. 'We'll staple a green card to your diploma.'Romney said current immigration policy has made it 'almost impossible' for people with skills and advanced degrees to become citizens, 'but if you don't have any skill or any education, you can just walk across the border.' Romney declared that current immigration laws do not make sense." February 8, 2007; Radio Iowa News
    With these visas high IQ foriegners, by quotas, will go ahead of the line of our citizens for our jobs. Do you think that is fair for our citizens and furthermore will influence more globalism? Am I the only one capable of seeing through this disaster for our economy?[/quote:3fli9god]

Maybe you should be asking the same questions about Ron Paul---as he wants an increase of HB-1 visas every year!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Banned
    hmmmm

Tesla , Einstein, Von Braun and many many others came here
    LEGALLY

Whats wrong with bringing in good immigrants and keeping out
    the illegals ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    My whole point in posting this was to see how the double standard works here, and I think I've illustrated it nicely. I made no value judgments on what was posted, I merely highlighted the portions that I found 'interesting'.

It's been suggested that I go to the Romney website to see his proposal for myself, his proposal has been posted here for me to read, and it's been suggested that I ignore his words and base my judgment on his actions as governor of Massachusetts.

The funny thing is, when those suggestions are made concerning Ron Paul's position on immigration it doesn't seem to be 'good enough'.

Thank you for the 'education'.

Ron Pauls past record is one of a libertarian , you know ,
    Open the borders , make them all legal , let in anyone that wants to come

Thats Pauls PAST record

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    Quote Originally Posted by odiesback
    high IQ foreigners in the World to come here
    Why not?

This is LEGAL immigration. Arent we fighting
    ILLEGAL immigration?

The US benefited greatly from the minds
    of Einstein and co. not to mention the
    hordes of scientists who helped this
    country archieve so much.
    Did you miss the issues with illegals getting in state tuition in some States. Not only do they rob what our citizens should get they are also qualify for the quotas!
    [quote:2kg8bbkd]"Romney also expressed interest in expanding the number of H-1B visas, which allow employers to seek temporary help from foreigners holding at least a bachelor's degree. 'H-1B visas are a great source of a brain magnet, if you will, bringing people into this country who have skill and experience from other countries,' he said. Lamenting that many foreign doctoral candidates must leave the country after graduation, Romney added: 'I'd rather staple a green card to your diploma and say that if you can get a Ph.D. from one of our great institutions, we'd love you to stay here.'" September 25, 2007; The Associated Press

"Romney argued, though, that American businesses need 'skilled' immigrants. 'If you're so lucky to be in India, let's say, and you've done real well in school and you've gotten a scholarship to come to Iowa State to study...you're going to get a Ph.D, the only condition...is once you've got your degree, you've got to go home. In my opinion if you've got a Ph.D from Iowa State, we'd like you to stay,' Romney says. 'We'll staple a green card to your diploma.'Romney said current immigration policy has made it 'almost impossible' for people with skills and advanced degrees to become citizens, 'but if you don't have any skill or any education, you can just walk across the border.' Romney declared that current immigration laws do not make sense." February 8, 2007; Radio Iowa News
    With these visas high IQ foriegners, by quotas, will go ahead of the line of our citizens for our jobs. Do you think that is fair for our citizens and furthermore will influence more globalism? Am I the only one capable of seeing through this disaster for our economy?
    Maybe you should be asking the same questions about Ron Paul---as he wants an increase of HB-1 visas every year!!![/quote:2kg8bbkd]Why would Romney supporters bring up Ron Paul in a thread about the globalist CFR affiliate Romney?
    http://www.betterimmigration.com/can...aulPres08.html
    2005: Voted for H.R. 4437 to eliminate visa lottery on floor of House
    Rep. Paul voted in favor of final passage of H.R. 4437 which included a provision to eliminate the visa lottery that each year awards 55,000 visas on a random basis. H.R. 4437 was passed by the House by a vote of 239 to 182.
    One would have to be for the globalist movement to reach as far as to insinuate RP wants HB-1 visas every year!
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada

Thats Pauls PAST record
    What exactly does that mean and can you post examples?
    The guy has won ten terms in Congress as a Republican obviously his constituents like the job he is doing....
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    My whole point in posting this was to see how the double standard works here, and I think I've illustrated it nicely. I made no value judgments on what was posted, I merely highlighted the portions that I found 'interesting'.

It's been suggested that I go to the Romney website to see his proposal for myself, his proposal has been posted here for me to read, and it's been suggested that I ignore his words and base my judgment on his actions as governor of Massachusetts.

The funny thing is, when those suggestions are made concerning Ron Paul's position on immigration it doesn't seem to be 'good enough'.

Thank you for the 'education'.

Thats Pauls PAST record
    Again I'll use the 'Meet The Press' interview...
    MR. RUSSERT: Let me ask you about immigration because that's a big issue here, and there has been a profound change. Back when you ran for president, 1988, libertarian, you said, "As in our country's first 150 years, there shouldn't be any immigration policy at all. We should welcome everyone who wants to come here and work." You've changed your view.

REP. PAUL: And, and during that campaign, I remember I got into trouble with Libertarians because I said there may well be a time when immigration is like an invasion and we have to treat it differently. And I think, in one sense, with the welfare state out of control--see, my approach to immigration is somewhat different than the others. Mine is you deal with it economically. We're in worse shape now because we subsidize immigration. We give food stamps, Social Security, free medical care, free education and amnesty. So you subsidize it, and you have a mess. Our hospitals are being closed. Conditions have changed. And I think that we should have--and, and 9/11 has occurred. Why shouldn't we be looking at people coming in? So there's--this, this means that we should look at immigration differently. It's an economic issue more than anything. If our economy was in good health, I--believe me, I don't think there'd be an immigration problem. We'd be looking for workers and we would be very generous.
    The reason I highlighted that LAST sentence was to preclude anyone trying to throw it back up in another post to make it sound like something it's NOT. Plainly, if our economy was in good shape and we ALL had good jobs with good pay, we would probably be looking for WORKERS, similar to the Bracero Program, where the workers would come TEMPORARILY and WITHOUT their family, do the jobs that we WOULDN'T be doing, and GO HOME. In other words, a TRUE guest worker program.

Banned
    At one time Ron Paul ran on the libertarian ticket

This is their platform

http://www.lp.org/issues/immigration.shtml

"The Libertarian Party has long recognized the importance of allowing free and open immigration, understanding that this leads to a growing and more prosperous America. We condemn the xenophobic immigrant bashing that would build a wall around the United States."

"A policy of open immigration will advance the economic well-being of all Americans. All major recent studies of immigrants indicate that they have a high labor force participation, are entrepreneurial, and tend to have specialized skills that allow them to enter under-served markets. Although it is a common misconception that immigrants "take jobs away from native-born Americans," this does not appear to be true."

------------------------------------------------------------

Actually there is a ton more of this tripe there but those who want to
    throw rocks at Romney should tend to their own glass houses

I and many others didn't just fall off the turnup truck and I've been holding back on posting this , but if you want to play games , not a problem

Banned
    At one time Ron Paul ran on the libertarian ticket

This is their platform

http://www.lp.org/issues/immigration.shtml

"The Libertarian Party has long recognized the importance of allowing free and open immigration, understanding that this leads to a growing and more prosperous America. We condemn the xenophobic immigrant bashing that would build a wall around the United States."

"A policy of open immigration will advance the economic well-being of all Americans. All major recent studies of immigrants indicate that they have a high labor force participation, are entrepreneurial, and tend to have specialized skills that allow them to enter under-served markets. Although it is a common misconception that immigrants "take jobs away from native-born Americans," this does not appear to be true."
    Ron Paul ran as a Libertarian 20 YEARS AGO ONLY because he wanted to run against George H.W. Bush, the man who used a State of the Union address to introduce us to the 'New World Order'.

I'm AMAZED that nobody seems to GET IT.

Banned
    "Paul has been described as conservative, Constitutionalist, and libertarian.[2] He advocates a non-interventionist foreign policy, "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

"In a move most unusual for this body, the Libertarian National Committee just adopted a resolution encouraging Ron Paul to seek the Libertarian Party presidential nomination. The LNC is meeting in Charleston, SC this weekend.

The resolution recognized Paul’s standing and history with the Libertarian Party. It also recognized a renewed passion that Paul has ignited across America."

http://peoriapundit.com/blogpeoria/2007 ... bertarian/

This is dated 2007 and they still love him

Banned
    Like I've said all along

http://boards.historychannel.com/thread ... 8288326488

Will Ron Paul take votes from the rebublicans?

the answer is yes in a Ross Perot style

Get ready for the Hillary / Obama win

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast