Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

More From La Voz de Aztlan

http://www.aztlan.net/latino_summit_conference.htm

Mexicano/Latino Mobilization Gathers Momentum
    by
    Hector Carreon
    La Voz de Aztlan

Los Angeles, Alta California - January 18, 2006 - (ACN) As the evil xenophobic and racist nativists escalate their attacks against the Mexicano/Latino communities, the National Alliance for Human Rights is preparing to gather state, national and international leaders at a one day "Summit Conference" at Cal Poly Pomona University on February 4, 2006.

The worst fears of our communities are today manifesting as reality. Our worst nightmares are now coming true and it is imperative that we organize, mobilize and fight back as a united front. We are now witnessing hate murders and vicious beatings of our people, not just along the US/Mexico border, but also in Northern California, Georgia, New York, Ohio and Maryland.

Not only are we being attacked by nativist civilian groups like the Minutemen vigilantes and S.O.S. , but now it appears that Washington itself has declared war against our people. This war against the Mexicano/Latino populations by Washington is in the form of legislation that, among many other things, proposes to build a "Berlin Wall" type fence between our families here and in Mexico. In addition, the Department of Homeland Security is now treating Americans of Mexican descent as potential terrorists. This became frighteningly true when I was visited by four special agents of Homeland Security and they copied the hard disk of my computer on December 23, 2005.

The "Summit Conference" at Cal Poly Pomona University on February 4, 2006 is a consequence of the "emergency meeting" that was held in San Bernardino, California on January 12 where over 250 community activists and leaders attended. At the emergency meeting a Summit Organizing Committee was approved. A principal item on the Summit Conference Agenda will be the formulation of a strategic plan of action to implement immigration reform and to defeat the so called Sensenbrenner Legislation to be voted on by the US Senate.

Two major actions have already been approved. The first is the "Caravan to the Capitol" that will commence at the San Diego border wall on February 2, 2006. The caravan will head to Washington and pick up people along the way. The second action will be a massive state-wide march in Los Angeles to take place on Cinco de Mayo (May 5, 2006)

The emergency meeting in San Bernardino drew many news organizations including CNN which made a fallacious and extremely biased report. The report by Lou Dobbs was nothing less than anti-Mexican propaganda. Earlier this week CNN was banned from the nation of Iran after CNN lied and purposely misquoted Iran's president. The CNN video report on our emergency meeting is at http://www.aztlan.net/latino_mobilization_cnn.htm

Special thanks go to Congressman Joe Baca of the 43rd District of California. Congressman Baca was very supportive and told the emergency meeting attendees of an anti-Mexican incident he suffered in Washington. The incident is described in the CNN video report above.

The "Summit Conference" at Cal Poly Pomona University on February 4, 2006 is scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. La Voz de Aztlan will inform our readership if there are any revisions. Please contact La Voz de Aztlan if you have any questions.

Related La Voz de Aztlan Report:

DHS: "La Voz de Aztlan has raised eyebrows in Washington"

Not only are we being attacked by nativist civilian groups like the Minutemen vigilantes and S.O.S. , but now it appears that Washington itself has declared war against our people. This war against the Mexicano/Latino populations by Washington is in the form of legislation that, among many other things, proposes to build a "Berlin Wall" type fence between our families here and in Mexico. In addition, the Department of Homeland Security is now treating Americans of Mexican descent as potential terrorists. This became frighteningly true when I was visited by four special agents of Homeland Security and they copied the hard disk of my computer on December 23, 2005.
    Hmmm. Maybe if:

1) Someone went through the proper requirements in order to become a U.S. Citizen, they wouldn't have a problem.

2) Islamofacists didn't cross into the U.S. from Mexico, there wouldn't be a problem wondering who's a terrorist and who isn't.

And finally,

3) Those who are in this country legally integrated within the American society, you wouldn't see such problems with suspicions.

And Carreon wants to talk about a war? We've been systematically overwhelmed by millions from Mexico and other Central American countries who have no desire to call the U.S. their homeland. They fly their native countries flags, refuse to speak English, demand special services, and the more obnoxious ones tell the American citizenry to "get off our continent."

War? You're going to get one and it's just getting started.

We are now witnessing hate murders and vicious beatings of our people, not just along the US/Mexico border, but also in Northern California, Georgia, New York, Ohio and Maryland.
    Does anyone know what incidents of vicious beatings and murders he is refering to? Seems like we would have had some news reports.
    Of course we know about the Border incidents, which were part of the normal duty of the Border Patrol.

It's predictable this man would try to twist all events to make himself and the illegal immigrants into victims. Trouble is, he has some very uneducated followers who will swallow this line H,L & S., and some tax-payer educated people who will find it to their advantage to promulgate this hysteria.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

This war against the Mexicano/Latino populations by Washington is in the form of legislation that, among many other things, proposes to build a "Berlin Wall" type fence between our families here and in Mexico.

Now this really irritated me. The United States does not separate families, we do that on our own when we decide to leave our countries.
    And these people need to study history, the Berlin wall was built to separate a country, not two different countries. Oh wait, I forgot, California belongs to Mexico.

One very grateful immigrant.
    God Bless the U.S. of A.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

We are now witnessing hate murders and vicious beatings of our people, not just along the US/Mexico border, but also in Northern California, Georgia, New York, Ohio and Maryland.

Not only are we being attacked by nativist civilian groups like the Minutemen vigilantes and S.O.S. , but now it appears that Washington itself has declared war against our people.
    Three points here.

Number 1: No Minuteman has ever attacked anyone that I know of. Do you?

Number 2: I don't know where all these vicious things are taking place because nobody else seems to have heard of them and I am pretty sure the newspapers would be crying a river in every single border town if people were getting beat up.

Number 3: I'm glad they are upset. It is about time. They have had life in this country handed to them on a silver platter for way too long. I hope some smart congressman has sense enough to write a bill prohibiting funding for their racist groups pretty soon, too.

The second action will be a massive state-wide march in Los Angeles to take place on Cinco de Mayo (May 5, 2006)
    These people raise so much hell around here for their Mexican national holiday that gets celebrated in this country that I don't know if Los Angeles will even notice anything different. The are just a bunch of rowdy drunks who need to go to Mexico to celebrate that holiday if you ask me and I wouldn't mind if large celebrations of foreign holidays were outlawed entirely in this country. The don't make a peep on the 4th of July.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Number 2: I don't know where all these vicious things are taking place because nobody else seems to have heard of them and I am pretty sure the newspapers would be crying a river in every single border town if people were getting beat up.
    I agree. I do know that last year there was an incident north of Cincinnati where a Hispanic man was accused of raping a white girl. Some locals went to this guys house and set it on fire. Not sure if you could classify that as a hate crime and there was no murder or beating.

John, I would classify that as a hate crime and people taking the law into their own hands. However, as long as it wasn't minutemen doing the crime or any other political activist group, the people who wrote this article shouldn't be pointing fingers at law abiding people, should they? I resent getting grouped together with anyone who does something like that, don't you?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)