Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

More like a nightmare - Letter

More like a nightmare

thereporter.com
    Published by The Reporter
    Posted: 10/16/2011 01:03:49 AM PDT

A recent guest editorial on the Dream Act inspired me to write ("Dream Act right for state," Oct. 12). Yes, California is different than other states. We are stupid. While other states are actually punishing illegal immigrants, we are opening the door to higher education.

Alabama and Arizona are two states where citizens and elected officials have finally decided to uphold the law, only to be labeled racist and heartless. The majority of illegal immigrants in this country are from our neighbors to the south. That's not racist to say -- it's the truth. People lie, numbers don't. Just look at the numbers.

I'm a construction worker, one of the industries that is being taken over by illegals, and my fellow Californians are allowing it. Nobody cared much when they took farmwork decades ago, just as nobody cares now that they have taken over construction. The attitude was, "Why would you want to work hard for a living? Let the illegals have it."

I happen to love what I do and view it as a respectable, manual-labor occupation. It might not be for everyone, but it is how I support my family and it makes me sick to be on jobs crawling with illegals when I know people out of work. Yet nobody wants to do anything for fear of being labeled a racist. Go ahead and label me then; I don't care.

For all of the white-collar workers reading this, now the door has been opened for them to come take your job and your children's jobs. Think about that for a minute. Will you still see the Dream Act as good policy when an illegal takes your job? As far as our kids go, you might as well start teaching them two new languages, Spanish and Chinese. Spanish so they can talk to the illegal who took their co-worker's job, and Chinese so they can talk to the guy who just bought their company.

Randy Shahan

Vacaville

http://www.thereporter.com/ci_19125539?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Our Educational Associations apparently are doing their jobs very well: Turning kids' minds away from manual skills, and laying down the (bleeding heart) red carpet for illegals.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)