Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

More Support in SHUTTING DOWN KROM

This is a segment from Lou Dobbs' January 5, 2006 show:

My next guest is outraged by the segment on that radio station and he began a campaign to shut down the radio station altogether. Joe Blalack is a retired attorney. He joins us tonight from Houston. Thanks for being here. Why do you feel so strongly about this?

JOE BLALACK, TRYING TO SHUT DOWN KROM: Well, I feel it's an open act of defines defiance on our laws, especially hindering, impeding the enforcement of our immigration laws in our state.

DOBBS: You filed your objections with the FCC. What has been the reaction of the government? BLALACK: I have not heard. It is still in abeyance at this point. There is supposed to be a hearing scheduled, as I understand, after the first of this year, probably in February or March. I've been advised by the office of Senator John Cornyn of Texas that they're awaiting the final report of the Homeland Security Agency to submit to the FCC in this matter.

DOBBS: Senator Cornyn's office said today when we asked them for their role in the view of the senator on this. The office said we initiated the contact on your behalf, Joe, hard to say exactly but we expect answers very soon, has Senator Cornyn been helpful here?

BLALACK: Yes, sir, he has. I must commend him. He has responded, he's responded to my inquiries. Responded to my letters.

DOBBS: What's the reaction of the station itself, the station management? But clearly as they go about identifying these agents, that's a very serious thing.

BLALACK: Well, in my opinion, it's one of arrogance, it's open, bizarre (ph) and inconsistent with the public policy, our public interest of the American people, and its laws. This is the test that the FCC applies to any of the actions of a radio station. Is an inconsistent with public interest?

DOBBS: Isn't there general outrage that a radio station whether Spanish language or English language, whatever the language in the United States is telling illegal aliens where Border Patrol agents and immigration agents are so that they can be avoided? That seems like a clear cut, it seems illegal, first of all?

BLALACK: Well, that's going to be the question for the FCC to decide in renewing this license of KROM. Now, I've got a lot of response in this matter, much more than I thought I would and I think that the American people are definitely aware now of a possible danger in these hundreds upon hundreds non-English speaking radio stations that are operating here on our American soil.

DOBBS: Just for our viewers' information, which is what the whole broadcast is here for, we just want you to know that we did try to reach Univision which owns the station, we tried to talk with the management of KROM. They referred us to their filings before the FCC, which were basically, let's say non-responsive to your charges. Joe Blalack, we thank you very much for being here. We appreciate your being here.

BLALACK: Thank you, Lou.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

added to homepage with link to our effort to have the FCC shut down KROM San Antonio

http://www.alipac.us/article-959-thread-1-0.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is the phone number that I was given - the third about from the FCC to file a complaint with : 202-418 2700-this is the media bureau
    I will call it on monday and let you know
    special enforcement called me back to give me this number
    special enforcements number is 202 418-7456