Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Most Americans Oppose Amnesty

http://www.news-register.net/editorials ... cleID=6332

Monday, May 22, 2006

Most Americans Oppose Amnesty

By The Intelligencer

The huge disconnect between much of official Washington and the nation concerning illegal immigration continues to amaze. In the face of polls that have consistently shown for years that Americans and recent legal immigrants who aspire to become Americans simply wish for the government to get serious about controlling the border, President Bush and other open borders enthusiasts continue to push various forms of amnesty for immigration lawbreakers. The president’s order to send some 6,000 National Guard troops to assist the Border Patrol smacks of the most craven sort of political pandering, window-dressing intended to distract voters from the disastrous and justifiably unpopular central tenets of his policy.

The president even stooped, in answering press questions, to accusing his opponents of supporting “mass deportation” of the estimated 11 million to 12 million illegals currently in the country and dismissed deportation as impractical. Never mind that no one has seriously proposed mass deportation.

Immigration reformers have proposed that the nation get serious about immigration law enforcement, including cracking down on employers who would use off-the-books illegals to unfairly compete against law-abiding businesses, and thereby make it far less attractive to come here illegally. Tough law enforcement, combined with measures to cut off all but emergency welfare benefits and swift and certain deportation would work wonders over a relatively short period of time to stem the tide of illegal immigration.

But instead of pursuing such sensible policy, the White House and the Senate pursue gussied-up amnesty for lawbreakers, which is an insult to every law-abiding American and to every immigrant who has come here by legal means.

One can only hope the House of Representatives will refuse to go along with such bad policy.

Use of National Guard troops on the border indeed may be a good idea — in the very, very short term. Clearly, however, Bush and Congress need to find a permanent solution to the border security problem. It should not be linked to any suggestion that illegal immigrants should be granted amnesty.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

coz

I know this American opposes amnesty no matter what they call it.

coz- I just have to know what Hooters Air is

coz

Hehe, Hooters Air is an actual airline run by Hooters. Unfortunately they don't serve wings on the plane. Where I work those wings are used as a moral patch. I do not work for Hooters.

According to Joe Johns of CNN, a flash poll taken immediately after the idiot in the white house's speech showed 79% in favor of some program to incorporate the estimated 11-million illegals (much higher, we know) already here. I'm not saying he's right, I'm just telling you what the people are HEARING from their media.