Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    One thing we need to remember is that there is good and bad in everything.

This same monetary system allows us to borrow and develop the things that have made this nation what it was yesterday.

I think that it has become sort of perverse as of late though. At the same time we are being inundated in letters to apply for credit the institutions that own our politicians have been hounding them to borrow and finance anything and everything.

I see no easy way out of the fix we are in concerning the inflated valuation of our homes. We either have to increase our wages until the average person can make a monthly house payment of $5,000 or the price has to come down on the $500,000 homes. At least to bring us back on par with the trouble we were in, in the 70"s.

A corrupt government leading an illegal invasion surely isn't the answer.
    Sorry, but I can't agree with you on the monetary system. This nation became great in the days before the Federal Reserve. Since then, it and its people have gone deeper and deeper into debt and servitude. This monetary system has systematically destroyed the nation our fathers created.

I really can't argue with you on that point.

We sure seem to have ourselves in a fix.

Here in US the credit is a very important part of every American citizen, if you don't have credit you don't exist.
    As you know, I was born in Brazil, and there as the interess are like 15%, 20% a month, everibody try not to use the financial market.
    So if you want to buy a house, you have to save money in order to buy.
    Even cars or other goods, the most people finance , is 1 or 2 years.
    Once because with inflation nobody will finance and the Banks charge too much .
    When you have financed houses there' is the goverment who finances.
    Here they taugh the people to buy, consume, and keep in debt, so nobody owns anything, and depends on the banks, credit cards, equity lines...
    It's known everywhere that the American garbage is the richest of the world.
    It's hard to change, but I think this was also a way to bring to this point.

Hi minnie,

I'll bet a house there still cost what a house cost and not some inflated amount created by people willing to out borrow the next guy.

P.S. We did the same thing with the stock market here once.

Yea, the house market goes with the offer, if they build too much it falls, if not it keeps its value.
    The corruption there is big, but as the people is not so in debt with the banks they manage to have their houses.

This business of how conditioned we are to being high in debt must have been created by those in power as Crocket tries to get through our heads.

My grandfather inherited his farm and never owned a credit card in his life. He passed away 1998 so we're not talking that long ago. He felt if you couldn't afford something you saved until you could buy it. That was the old sensible way. AND his mother, an immigrant from Norway, would go to the bank just to count her money. Imagine that? That would have been sometime in the 50's. Wish I knew the details of those visits, like how the bank pacified her.

I've heard talk of how the farmers, like my grandfather, are dying out. Too hard to make a decent living. Farmland is being bought by big business or home developers. I think it is very sad what's happened to the American farmer.

So today to buy a home we take out huge loans, to buy a car(s) more loans, students get loans for education plus we're sent offers for credit cards to the point it's annoying. We're suppose to get into debt up to our eyeballs. That now seems to be the American way nowadays and it's not right.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jean
    This business of how conditioned we are to being high in debt must have been created by those in power as Crocket tries to get through our heads.

My grandfather inherited his farm and never owned a credit card in his life. He passed away 1998 so we're not talking that long ago. He felt if you couldn't afford something you saved until you could buy it. That was the old sensible way. AND his mother, an immigrant from Norway, would go to the bank just to count her money. Imagine that? That would have been sometime in the 50's. Wish I knew the details of those visits, like how the bank pacified her.

I've heard talk of how the farmers, like my grandfather, are dying out. Too hard to make a decent living. Farmland is being bought by big business or home developers. I think it is very sad what's happened to the American farmer.

So today to buy a home we take out huge loans, to buy a car(s) more loans, students get loans for education plus we're sent offers for credit cards to the point it's annoying. We're suppose to get into debt up to our eyeballs. That now seems to be the American way nowadays and it's not right.
    It's called perpetual servitude. It's the way that the elites are taking possession of everything. There are a few of us who refuse to play this game, but once they own a large enough percentage of this nation, they'll just take the rest, whether we want to play or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12