Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MSNBC Loses Debate: Chris Matthews Ignored Issues

MSNBC Loses Debate
    Chris Matthews Ignored Issues Confronting America

Washington Journal -- C-SPAN -- May 4

Caller from Jacksonville, Fla.: I thought MSNBC lost the debate. You have Ron Paul who's talked about the fair tax. Chris Mathews didn't ask a single question. I thought that he tried to belittle Tom Tancredo, and yet he's against illegal immigration, he's against the trade bills that people are upset about and he thinks we should disengage from Iraq and yet he was dismissed as being a nut... Mathews asked fluff questions... You have people out in the streets over illegal immigration and yet Chris Mathews brushed aside every question about that.

Watch

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO WATCH RED LINK.

http://www.americanpatrol.com/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was glad that they included Paul, Hunter and Tancrdo as they should have done. But I felt like the went out of their way to marginalize them.

I don't beleive that sticking Tancredo down on the end was random.
    If it were, why start from Romneys side with the questions every time?
    Why not start with Tancredo and give him the little bit of extra time to answer. There was sure enough time for McCain and Romney to sound off in detail about everything. Even if it wasn't the topic they were asked about.

And they were choosing questions from Politico's readers. I submitted several to Tancredo, are they telling us no one is asking about immigration? I think it is more that THEY want to convince US that is is a non issue and a loser.

I felt they shortchanged Tancredo on his time and I'm not the only one with that impression. I have lost respect for Chris Matthews. That was blatant.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

April
    I give Chris Matthew and MSNBC a big fat grade of F on their debate. They could have cared less about the REAL issues on the MAJORITY of American peoples minds. It was full of fluff and they did their best to leave Tancredo out as much as possible, at least Paul got to finish his answers. When Tancredo tried to finish his last response Chris Matthews was very rude and cut him off.

I agree with all of you. As soon as I saw where our guys were positioned, I knew it was done intentionally. We've really got our work cut out for us!

well they all had the same time. but the problem was, they didnt address the issue that is so dear to us. i also felt they kinda mocked him when they asked McCain the question about being the President
    http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=214388
    - Make hundreds of dollars from home

JAK
    Issues were ignored! Illegal Immigration!... and felt Tom Tancredo wasn't given the respect the rest of the group was given.
    I basically felt like he was brushed off... and made to feel "not very important!"
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I thought the debate was very POORLY done. With the rapid-fire format, no one had enough time to complete a sentence, much less be able to properly frame a complicated issue. On top of this, it was heavily weighted in favor of the "top tier" candidates, as they were asked many more questions.

Very poor job indeed by MSNBC. They could have scaled down the number of questions, focused on fewer but significant issues, and given everyone more time to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by April
    I give Chris Matthew and MSNBC a big fat grade of F on their debate. They could have cared less about the REAL issues on the MAJORITY of American peoples minds. It was full of fluff and they did their best to leave Tancredo out as much as possible, at least Paul got to finish his answers. When Tancredo tried to finish his last response Chris Matthews was very rude and cut him off.
    I agree, I wasn't impressed at all. I heard a great analogy today. They said having Chris Matthews question the Republicans would be like having Rush Limbaugh question the Democrats.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Well, the media had a hayday with it all day yesterday. They derided Ron Paul and ignored everyone except the "front-runners. Then they turned around and gave Fred Thompson a long interview with Hannity and everyone's looking forward to having him announce. I'm not liking our media very much.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast