Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

xfighter wrote:

However one of the reasons I find Chrisianity, or any religion for that matter, problematic is because of it's conflict with scientific thinking:
    Another view from scientists

(quote)

Can a creationist be a real scientist?

Both creationist scientists and evolutionist scientists have religious (or faith) components to their scientific models about origins. Yet both types of scientists are equally capable of doing both operation science and origin science.

Operation science, whether done by an evolutionist or a creationist, has benefited mankind in many ways, particularly through technology. Creationists have contributed greatly in this area of science, including nineteenth-century physicists Michael Faraday and James Clerk Maxwell, and more recently Dr. Raymond Damadian, who invented the MRI imaging used by medical doctors (see here).

In origin science, creationists are discovering many things that honor the Creator’s wisdom and confirm biblical history.

Dr. Raymond Damadian is a young-earth creationist who is also credited by many as “the man who invented the MRI scanner.â€
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank You very much GeorgiaPeach. There are so many quotes in your two posts that I have never read.

You are most welcome roundabout. I have enjoyed reviewing these too. The more we know about the facts, the more that we are able to offer evidence of the truth.

Modern claims that America is not a Christian nation are rarely noticed or refuted today because of the nation’s widespread lack of knowledge about America’s history and foundation.

http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesAr ... p?id=23909

Psalm 91
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    xfighter wrote:

However one of the reasons I find Chrisianity, or any religion for that matter, problematic is because of it's conflict with scientific thinking:

(quote)

Both creationist scientists and evolutionist scientists have religious (or faith) components to their scientific models about origins. Yet both types of scientists are equally capable of doing both operation science and origin science.

Operation science, whether done by an evolutionist or a creationist, has benefited mankind in many ways, particularly through technology. Creationists have contributed greatly in this area of science, including nineteenth-century physicists Michael Faraday and James Clerk Maxwell, and more recently Dr. Raymond Damadian, who invented the MRI imaging used by medical doctors (see here).

In origin science, creationists are discovering many things that honor the Creator’s wisdom and confirm biblical history.

Dr. Raymond Damadian is a young-earth creationist who is also credited by many as “the man who invented the MRI scanner.â€
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    xfighter wrote:

(quote)

Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

I just love religious debate. Here are my 10 principal analogies.

1. Science is not a factor in spiritual based religions.
    2. Belief does not need science or fact. Write science Write religion. Don't write together.
    3. Zealots of any race, creed, religion or faction are bad people.
    4. Persecution of anyone because of what someone else has done is wrong.
    5. True spiritualism or a belief in a higher power lives within your heart...not your mouth.
    6. NO ONE is required of any true religion or belief to harm anyone of another faith or belief or none belief.
    7. Arguing evolution is silly. It is a fact. Many religious simply do not understand their God's plan...it is to EVOLVE...spiritually. God gave everything Free Will...even the earth. God and the universe are not static...
    8. 6000 years or 7 days is a god time principal. A god day is anybodies guess.
    9. Man did not come from monkeys...monkeys came from men! (OH...I saw you smile...) Don't give monkeys a bad name.
    10. God is love and spirit. Anything that does not line up in speech or book is WRONG!

WHEN YOU TRULY KNOW GOD...YOU TRULY KNOW PEACE... Be careful studying only one book of many books and holding it up as the only book.

Repeal the 14th

The discussion involved the history of the United States, the connection with the Bible and Christianity, and the influence on the lives of a great many of the founders and others. Written and spoken words reflect this truth, plus many of our historical sites and buildings give evidence of this.

The following gives further evidence of how deeply the Bible has influenced America.

[quote]

American Presidents Affirm that America is a Christian Nation

With his recent statement, President Barack Obama is the first American president to deny that America is a Christian nation – a repudiation of what made America great and a refutation of the declarations of his presidential predecessors. Notice a few representative statements on this subject by some of the forty-three previous presidents:

The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were. . . . the general principles of Christianity. 13 JOHN ADAMS

[T]he teachings of the Bible are so interwoven and entwined with our whole civic and social life that it would be literally….impossible for us to figure to ourselves what that life would be if these teaching were removed. 14 TEDDY ROOSEVELT

America was born a Christian nation – America was born to exemplify that devotion to the elements of righteousness which are derived from the revelations of Holy Scripture. 15 WOODROW WILSON

American life is builded, and can alone survive, upon . . . [the] fundamental philosophy announced by the Savior nineteen centuries ago. 16 HERBERT HOOVER

This is a Christian Nation. 17 HARRY TRUMAN

Let us remember that as a Christian nation . . . we have a charge and a destiny. 18 RICHARD NIXON
    There are many additional examples, including even that of Thomas Jefferson.

Significantly, Jefferson was instrumental in establishing weekly Sunday worship services at the U. S. Capitol (a practice that continued through the 19th century) and was himself a regular and faithful attendant at those church services, 19 not even allowing inclement weather to dissuade his weekly horseback travel to the Capitol church. 20

(The fact that the U. S. Capitol building was available for church on Sundays was due to the Art. I, Sec. 7 constitutional requirement that forbade federal lawmaking on Sundays; and this recognition of a Christian Sabbath in the U. S. Constitution was cited by federal courts as proof of the Christian nature of America. 21 While not every Christian observes a Sunday Sabbath, no other religion in the world honors Sunday except Christianity. As one court noted, the various Sabbaths were “the Friday of the Mohammedan, the Saturday of the Israelite, or the Sunday of the Christian.â€

Once again Georgia Peach you have out done yourself! Thanks for all of those great quotes.

When I really began to understand just how big a fraud "sepration of church and state" was, well, I was ticked off, to put it politely. It did help me to realize just how words and statements could be used in manners that are decietfull. It seems that there is much work to do to undo the damage. Plenty of work to do.

The post MoterreySherry posted seems to be an example, very dangerous one at that, should it be true, of how names can be hijacked. Or a religious faith for that matter.

This may sound naive, but if that post is true, then I have traveled in more narrow of circles than I thought. The implications seem unreal, even though I know, I should not be surprised. Something about a sign of the times.

I was listening to the Alex Jones show a little bit ago, a repaly of his Friday show, he said something to the effect, para phrased, 'Americans have been conditioned to not talk about religion and politics, yet our political system was built upon our religious values and people used to talk about the two subjects together often.'

Not surprised. Just thought that was interesting to hear on the radio.

[/quote] roundabout

"Atheism leaves the individuals at the mercy of the "survival of the fittest." "

Not true. What's to stop an atheistic society from coming together to help one another, those less fortunate, for the good of the entire population and just because it's the right thing to do? Atheists believe in the "survival of the fittest" as in survival of the strongest genes ("natural selection") and not necessarily in the survival of a majority or a particular race.

"On the other hand we realize that religion helps to bring about a much needed cohesion in the group or community. "

Right and I agree, but you can have cohesion without religion. We are social creatures and we'll always find some way to come together with or without religion.

"This is just a dangerous and manipulative attempt at misleading the feeble and naive towards abandoning God so that each and every one can transform themselves into a god"

No one would transform themselves into a god. Society would not allow any one person to decide for the rest of us what is right or wrong, instead it would be society as a whole that would validate whether our individual perception of what's right and wrong is correct. A society based on empathy and compassion for others would isolate those in it who do not have the ability to feel empathy for others and only wish to harm and step on the weak. Those in the society who find comfort in believing in a higher being would be free to do so just so long as they do it without harming others.

"I must ask, does it not seem odd that there is a book that has foretold so much of what we see all around us coming to fruition? The Age of the Gentiles? "

Not really. Whenever there are tough times people always refer back to to book. The some time passes, nothing happens, and people forget about it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast