Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Must truckers speak english?

My husband was at work last night when an 18 wheeler came in with a delivery. Next thing you know, one of the workers was called off the floor.

My husband asked what was going on and was told they needed an interpreter because the driver didn't speak or understand english.

It was an ABF truck.

Anyone on here have a CDL?

Same thing at my business, a semi driver couldn't speak English, one of our employees had to interpret for us. I don't know what the law says.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would most certainly say that should be mandatory that the drivers speak English. How are they going to read our road signs if they can't speak or understand English?

The law is the must be able to speak and communicate with the general public this is the regulation but as of @005m Waco Texas...it has become a quite stand down...Federal Motor Carriers Safety regulations revised edition April 1, 2005
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

391.11General Qualifications for drivers
    (1.) 21 years old
    (2.)Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquires, and to make entries on reports and records
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

We should find out who to report this to! Were the trucks from Mexico, does anyone know?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Sosad,
    I hate to say this but I have reported this very problem....more than once and from cops to highway patrol, to Feds ...and that is how I came to be here at Alipac....because there was a CLEAR stand down...I was told by three officer types Capt,. Ltn.s, and Sgt's...at the Texas Highway patrol in Austin Texas..." that's an old law...we don't care as long as they have a log book." that was in 2005...The Feds just played stupid...the local (care bears) police....said there was nothing they could do...That when I knew something bigger was going on...in America

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    Sosad,
    I hate to say this but I have reported this very problem....more than once and from cops to highway patrol, to Feds ...and that is how I came to be here at Alipac....because there was a CLEAR stand down...I was told by three officer types Capt,. Ltn.s, and Sgt's...at the Texas Highway patrol in Austin Texas..." that's an old law...we don't care as long as they have a log book." that was in 2005...The Feds just played stupid...the local (care bears) police....said there was nothing they could do...That when I knew something bigger was going on...in America
    Maybe we should report it to the DOT or the teamsters, the teamsters I think would be looking for something to use againt the DOT
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Why would the feds uphold this law. All the other laws have been ignored so why not this one?
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_shlitz
    Why would the feds uphold this law. All the other laws have been ignored so why not this one?
    I don't know "Sgt" you have a very good point!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast