Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My Action Plan to Make A Difference

It is clear to me that we are not doing enough to stand up for ourselves on this immigration issue. Emailing and faxing is fine but that is no reason why not to protest. We have done nothing and wrong and should start worrying more about our future than what people think of us. Here are my points:

1.) The press is against us and we will not get ANY coverage unless we gather in numbers. If they are already against us, then why do we care what they think or what they will say? They will just do what they want anyway.

2.) The politicans have sold us out. In short, greed and cowardliness of losing votes will end up with the politicans having their way. They haven't listened to us so far...if they did, we wouldn't be where we are today.

3.) The opposition will call us racists even if we don't march so isn't it better to get some exposure and hope that many Americans will see through the propaganda? They think were racist AND weak now. How about if they just think were racists? Nothing will change that. And remember how bullies act when they know they can get away with it.

So here is what I am doing:

1.) I have sent out emails to all my friends telling them about the violence I personally witnessed last Monday during the protests. I want them to know there is another side.

2.) I have asked many of my friends and family if they would help me protest. Once I reach a critical mass of people I can count on to show up, we will make our side heard. You can't count on people you don't know.

3.) I have written and faxed everyone I can think of as I do think it's important to try. William and Roy Beck deserve our help.

4.) I will boycott all companies that support the criminal's viewpoint. This includes noth national and local. For example, I use to go to a favorite cafe here in town that is owned by a family of Mexicans. I have stopped going there as they applauded the terrible violence and protests that took place in Escondido. These were so called friends and people I spent a lot of time with so this is personal folks.

5.) I am talking this up with ANYONE that will listen. I want poeple to start getting angry about this. I talk to waiters, people in lines, people at the store...ANYONE! I also give them this web address along with FAIR and NumbersUSA.

6.) I am putting together an "oh crap" plan if all goes bad. This includes camping supplies and extra food and extra ammunition in case it comes down to that. You can't rely on anyone to help yourself if this gets crazy. I am also thinking of where I can go for saftey on short notice.

Your action plan of building up an 'army' of support is a good one, and In So. Cal I would imagine you would need it desperately.

Here is a novel Idea: Start an "underground newpaper" print up a one or two page flyer with news clips and images (b&w will work) and spread them to friends, doorsteps and ontop of those free magazines and newspapers you see. This was one way our forefathers got their support together before the Boston Tea Party.

Also try and get email addresses and start an email list. You can gather news clips and send out a mass email outlining current topics and issues. Find protest opportunities and push your supporters. I myself have started a MySpace page to help do this sort of viral networking.

Good luck with your attempts.