Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My apartment complex maintenance

The lead is an older white gentleman who takes pride in his work, respects the tenants, respects their property and is a pleasure to deal with. I feel bad for him because he has to deal with all the cheap spanish contractors that the apt management hires. Those who dont speak english, do shoddy work and laugh and joke in spanish right in front of the tenents the entire time.

I've once asked the building management to make sure they contract out only to employers who hire legal workers, but Im not sure the message is getting through.

What else can I do?

If this gentleman leaves, I will leave because otherwise maintenance would be hell. I dont think he will and the management wont fire him because he is loved by the entire community. I just hate seeing someone with such integrity and generousity having to work in such conditions, having to argue with shoddy contractors who dont speak english etc.

This is near D.C. by the way.

post your apts phone number and management name for people to call and please be civil

what I meant to ave is phone number of apt managements office not yours

Call ICE and see if they can do something about it.
    Some people are alive only because there are laws against killing them.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Stealthwii, been there, we are now the ONLY American family in this complex. The last landlord was a slumlord and would have the illegal tenants do all sorts of work for him (they must have owed him $$ as to my knowledge they did it for free), and the work was always terrible. We did have a maintenance man, and he also was illegal (he liked to think that because they were a majority here he could harass our kids and not the Latino kids).

We now have a new landlord, he is making some attempt to make these places a little better, and he hired a maintenance man, another tenant, whom we NEVER see doing maintenance (yes, we believe he too is illegal), and when we call him for a problem, he sends his teenage son over.

Unfortunately, when you rent, it is a problem, pretty much all over. Landlords/rental companies loves to have the cheapest labor they can get, as this means they can profit the most.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Stealthwii, been there, we are now the ONLY American family in this complex. The last landlord was a slumlord and would have the illegal tenants do all sorts of work for him (they must have owed him $$ as to my knowledge they did it for free), and the work was always terrible. We did have a maintenance man, and he also was illegal (he liked to think that because they were a majority here he could harass our kids and not the Latino kids).

We now have a new landlord, he is making some attempt to make these places a little better, and he hired a maintenance man, another tenant, whom we NEVER see doing maintenance (yes, we believe he too is illegal), and when we call him for a problem, he sends his teenage son over.

Unfortunately, when you rent, it is a problem, pretty much all over. Landlords/rental companies loves to have the cheapest labor they can get, as this means they can profit the most.
    wow, sounds like you need to call ICE much more than I do.

Thanks for the opinions.

I kinda like the idea of ALIPAC picking one rental management company each week and having us call the management and express our opinion that they should respect the legal residents of the US, their tenants, and hire legal american workers. Tell them its unethical, immoral, to hire people unqualified for the job technically, language wise and legally. We could absolutely bombard a few and expose them. We'd also let them know we all plan to call ICE (thousands of complaints on one company) if we dont see results and changes in one month.

That would give them a chance to change their ways and if they dont, then we will all call ICE on one management company.

I live in a condo and pay fees of $300 per month for lawn care, insurance, and various maintenance.

The landscape Company hired by the board is terrible, and most of us have complained. They are giving them another chance. The workers are hispanic, no english, and I am sure illegal.

I resent a board using my money to hire illegals that don't do the right work. It makes me a party to this.

I have complained, and tried not to use the illegal angle, because they just think I am complaining to complain. I stick to the work.

This week I was bringing in groceries, and one of the workers in is half assed attempt to blow off my porch blew leaves in my front door. He still left plenty of leaves on the porch. I think he did it on purpose. A few weeks ago they were blowing around my car on the street, and left fine scratches on it.

They are so lazy and worthless. They have no appreciation for anything clean and nice. It is obvious they resent us.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

I rent from a property management company . They hire H K & T Landscaping to do the grounds. They are all spanish speaking , young
    male latinos .
    I called the landscaper and he was nasty to me.
    I reported them to ICE by mail and nothing happened.
    Even after Dana Countryman was raped and murdered by illegal alien males from mexico,who were gardeners at an apartment complex) nothing was changed. as a matter of fact, Tom Potter thought it would be a good time to
    spend money to build the illegal ( rapists) a place to hang out!
    KEWL
    then Eric Sten felt really bad that ICE actually deported a few Mexican Natonals at DEL Monte in Oregon, so he set aside $20,000 for the girlfriends and wives [Mod Edit]) of those deported.
    Eric Sten will probably be running for Mayor.
    I bought a bed from Sleep country, yesterday, I was dreading Mexicans showing up but it was two Americans who spoke English. SHOCK
    Banned

I am going to email our management company about the poor work, again. Maybe not

I think I am just going to report the landscape company to ICE. anonymously.

I think these illegals are dangerous, and do not want them to know I have issues.

I want them gone.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Re: My apartment complex maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by stealthwii
    The lead is an older white gentleman who takes pride in his work, respects the tenants, respects their property and is a pleasure to deal with. I feel bad for him because he has to deal with all the cheap spanish contractors that the apt management hires. Those who dont speak english, do shoddy work and laugh and joke in spanish right in front of the tenents the entire time.

I've once asked the building management to make sure they contract out only to employers who hire legal workers, but Im not sure the message is getting through.

What else can I do?

If this gentleman leaves, I will leave because otherwise maintenance would be hell. I dont think he will and the management wont fire him because he is loved by the entire community. I just hate seeing someone with such integrity and generousity having to work in such conditions, having to argue with shoddy contractors who dont speak english etc.

This is near D.C. by the way.
    Stealth, Please post the Apts. telephone # and the managers name.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast